Femmes Fetales - (PAL) Holding onto Hope 9 months and on...

Grace refuses to drink juice or any sort of sweet liquid. So at night, her bottles are either water or milk/toddler formula. I try giving her water first and then add little milk/formula if she chucks it back at me. I also make sure to take the bottle away as soon as she is finished. It means I have to stay awake for a couple of minutes, but I am so into that routine right now that it really almost doesnt phase me. I am sure once #2 is here in June, that will be a different story, which is why I am trying to address this now instead of then, haha!

Kizzy--I will try your idea about the soft spout cups--thank you thank you thank you!!!. I have been using the spillproof Tommee Tippee sippy cups which are soft but firm plastic (no where close to what a bottle nipple is like), and this past week we tried using what her daycare uses (throw away plastic ones), only those spill so easily and i end up with milk all over my carpet, ugh!! I hate them! And I hate dried milk on my carpet even more! lol And there is no way I would be taking those into bed! haha

Also--Kizzy--glad G is sleeping through again, I hope her morning timer extends a little more for you though! 5 am is rough!!:flower:

i used the soft spout cups..worked like a charm..hope it works for Grace too.

Amber you bf too for a long time right? Alia would never take any spout sippy cups at all. Just the straw. I was actually reading an article the other day saying bf babies generally prefer straws. So maybe worth a try also. Certainly makes seance for us now. :)

Afm. Midwife apt tomorrow. Had a bit of a panic attack last night/today. So close to 3 mos but this is where I lost the 1ft time. I need this apt so bad. Hope they get hb for me. Ill be scheduling an ultrasound too. Hope I don't have to wait long. I've been so relaxed till now. Fingers crossed!!

On another note the count down is on. Family vaca to Jamaica in April. Can't wait things have been so busy for us lately it'll be nice to relax and spend some quality time together.

Yes, I BF Grace for a year (well, bf and bottle-fed breast milk as I had to pump while at work). I never thought of straws, I will have to try that too, thanks!!

Good luck with your appointment today, I hope it goes well!!!

And your family vacation sounds awesome!! Definitely a good place to go and get some relaxation and family time!!!

Feeling better today now. Had midwife apt and it took her a bit but she found the hb! Yeah. Ill be 12 weeks on Sunday! Also booked my 1st ultrasound for Monday. Can't wait! :)

Imp-- Aww, so excited for you, please let us know how it goes!!!!

Also, Kizzy-- thank you soooo much for the advice on the soft spout cups. I purchased 2 for Grace yesterday and they are a hit! She still wants her bedtime bottle, but I can work with that. Not expecting miracles, but at least she is not refusing the sippies anymore! phew!!!

Had Grace in for her checkup yesterday, everything is perfect! Doctor said I have a beautiful, healthy little lady! :thumbup:

Amber can i ask what cups you got.. and where from lol.. I need to find something different for bryce.. he is such a bottle baby and hates sippy cups..

I got some Avent ones from babies r us. Tommee Tippee and a couple of other good brands had some too, but I went for the Avent as that is the type of bottles Grace used and they use the same material on the sippee spouts as the bottle nipples, so I figured Grace could identify with them better.

Here is a link to the Avent sippees that I found online, but I found them right in the store in the bottle section! (They come in pink, blue and green)

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12549857&searchURL=false

Also, just fyi, the bigger size (I think the 12 oz ones?) have a hard spout, not the soft spout. I almost accidentally got one of those (as Grace tends to drink more than 5 oz at a time, especially her milk), but realized before I checked out that the spouts were hard on the bigger ones!! I could only find 5 oz Avents with the soft spout.

Great news imp, what a relief!!

Well done grace and Amber on the soft spouts, glad it helps! Lil we use tommee tippee ones. Altho last night G worked out that she can push the spout down into the drink so that's the new game! I've put her to bed with no milk tonight as she literally only drinks an ounce or two each night, she didn't ask for it so I thought why not?! I'll be following her to bed soon, we are back to nOt sleeping thru :(

hi all

imp thats great news..its so nice to hear the hb.

i am still bf and nate is great with a straw.......must be something in it i guess. glad you have found a cup that works though amber.

hi all.....kizzy glad g sleeping through again.

am typing one handed hence no caps and struggling with a wriggly very smelly baby....best go change him........xx

Thanks guys, I am going to try introducing a straw to her very soon and see how she likes it. Also, I saw that Avent sells cups that you can drink out of like a regular cup (not sure how it works, but if it does, that is neat!) Grace LOVES to drink out of my cups like a big girl, so may try those too!!!

Had my 26 wk appt today and got some GREAT news, I PASSED my GTT!!! No GD for this pregnancy, whoop! :happydance: I did a little happy dance in the doctor's office, haha.

I also got my next ultrasound appointment (I have to have growth scans every few weeks due to still being an "at risk" pregnancy due to my age and high blood pressure). That is set for next Wed, April 3. Can't wait to see how the little miss is growing! :flower:

Yay amber.. that is great to passing the GTT.. :)

Hope everyone is well.. :)

Thanks Kizzy.. I think I found one he likes that is a soft spout one.. :)

Hope to rid the bottles soon.. but we will see.. he loves his bottle..

afus: were well.. im in another tww.. cycle 5 of ttc.. so hopefully the last.. 1dpo.. so time will tell..

awesome news Amber..what a relief.
Lil.posted in your journal.
Bean..well done on still bf...if i ever get the opporunity again, i would love to give it a whirl again.
New...i seen a commercial today for Haribo gummy bear...think of you every time I see it.
35 today....thinking about if my eggy's are still working..lol

Amber Great news on passing the gtt!! :)

Afm had my ultrasound today and I saw little bebe. Looks like a baby!! Lol Little heart beating away. :) 12 weeks yesterday. Feeling like I'm in the clear. Now time to tell the fam :)

That's fab imp.. :)

Love happy birthday.. im sure your eggies are perfect!

Happy Birthday Love :cake: I'm 38 now so I'm sure your eggs atill have life in them, don't give up :hugs: I so so wish for you to get your BFP, I know how much you want it and you've been so patient.

Imp - congrats. :yipee:

Bean - I need some boy tips and you're THE expert, lol :haha:

Lil--posted in your journal yesterday, just know that I am keeping everything I can crossed for you this cycle!! :hugs:

Love--Happy Birthday!! And I am sure your eggys are fine!! :hugs: Like New, I'm 38, and mine are still kicking around! Praying your new approach gets you that BFP this year!!!

Imp--fabulous news on the u/s!!! Your family is going to be so excited!!!

bean--:hugs: sounds like your little man is keeping you on your toes!

Hugs to you ladies!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->