Femmes Fetales - (PAL) Holding onto Hope 9 months and on...

Just popping in quickly - had my dating scan yesterday and all is well :happydance:

They were unable to do the Nuchal Fold measurement as baby was being awkward and wouldn't move into the right position :dohh: so got to have the 2nd tri blood test at 16 weeks instead. I have been moved 4 days ahead and am 14 weeks today with a DD OF 27th August. :cloud9:

https://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w388/sarahhibbert/3E634929-E8E6-47C9-8A2D-7A48611F21C9-1021-000000806BD2E85F_zps3756a0a3.jpg

:hi: little Haribo!! Looking good, New!! And welcome to 2nd trimester! I am so excited and happy for you!!! Nuchal measurement can be so hard to get depending on position or if you have a wriggler in there, I had to go back twice with this little lady!!

I hope everyone is doing well! I can't believe I am nearly 23 weeks already! I can feel the baby moving all of the time now, she moves so much more than Grace ever did, it is so wierd how different pregnancies can be!!

Grace is doing well, except we are having an issue at school. She has been bitten by another child twice in the past week. Once while she was sitting in a chair reading a book and the other time when she was lying resting on her mat. I am obviously very upset. I know children bite at this age, but I am starting to grow concerned that there is a lack of proper supervision in her room. I don't appreciate seeing her little arms marked up and bruised, my poor baby. DH and I have both agreed that if it happens again, we are going to meet with the director about it. She is not doing anything to invite the behavior of the other child, and I think the other child needs to either be shadowed or some other sort of intervention needs to take place.

Hey Ladies (quiet in here lately!!)!! Just checking in, had my 23 wk checkup today, and the doctor said all of the 20 week measurements from the baby were excellent, heart outflow was perfect as was the spine. Phew!! I can relax again!! No scans for at least another month now, next appointment is set for 3/25. I do have to take another glucose test though, but that is just because most ladies have to take it at 26 weeks and with my history, she is not waiving that even though I passed back at 10 wks or so. Hopefully I will pass again! Has been nice not having to stick myself with a needle this pregnancy, but I will do it all again if I have to!

Other than that, our little lady is moving around like CRAZY!! They had a hard time pinning her down again at the office to get her heartbeat, lol. We are soooo in for it with this one I think! lol

Nice to hear from you amber.. :) happy things are going well..

Im in the tww.. so waiting again lol

amber..i hope you don't have to start pricking your fingers again..i did a fasting blood sugar at work the other night as i felt like my sugar was low///and let me tell you...my finger still hurts..
lil..good luck..fx'd for you
new..posted in your journal

Great news new and Amber! Good luck lil xx

well im 6dpo today.. few days left till testing.. time will tell :)

Ladies, those with toddlers around the same age as G, how do they sleep? are they all sttn??? You'd think after 17 months Georgina would have the hang of it wouldn't you, but no :( we are getting around one "decent" night every two weeks at the moment, she's always suffered when teething and it seems to go on forever but lately she is awake for about 1.5-2 hours at some point during the night almost every night. It's killing me :(

Sorry just needed a vent really, feeling a bit sorry for myself :(

Kizzy have you done any sleep training? It's hard but it's so worth it. Waking up becomes more of a habit then a need by this age. If Alia wakes before 7 I don't go in. She use to cry but now simply wines and will eventually goes back to sleep. Do some searching on the Internet. I was never big on letting her scream. I'd go in lay her back down rub her back then leave again. But there are different methods. Alia will sleep 11-12 hours most nights now easy. Sounds like its time to crack down a bit for you...

Kizzy--we are having similar issues with Grace. She will sleep from 9-12/1, then wake up and is inconsolable unless I rock her/bring her to bed with us, then she will sleep for another hour or so, then wake up wanting a drink.

I have recently become more successful getting her back into her crib/the cot in our room after her first wake-up (I am trying like crazy to get her completely crib trained by the time #2 is here), but it takes a lot of effort for me not to fall back asleep myself before doing so!!

What I can't seem to kick her of is that need for a drink at around 2-3 am. I have tried to make sure she is well hydrated with a drink before bed, hoping that will hold her through the night, but she still wakes up wanting a drink. This is proving by far to be the hardest part for me, kicking her of that last need for 1 drink during the night!!

And I admit, I cannot bear to hear her cry/scream, I'm still one of those Moms that instantly responds to her cries (and it drives DH crazy that I do this!)--and I know at this age I am spoiling her by doing so. It is something I admittedly need to work on. She has me wrapped around her little fingers, and she knows it!! :blush:

Lil---thinking of you and praying for that BFP!!

Thanks imp and Amber for yOur replies, appreciate it. By sleep training we have her going to bed really well, self settling etc and she goes down like a dream. I admit tho I am more like Amber in that I can't just lay and listen to her scream and ignore it, I have to go check on her, it also infuriates my oh and we end up snapping at each other. I dont feel I'm excessive in checking on her (I leave her to it once she's in bed and only look in on her when I go up for the night) but I can't bear hearing her screaming and getting herself in a complete state. I do try to let her settle herself as I think she sleeps better that way plus she doesn't want to be rocked etc and won't sleep in our bed so I go in, reassure her with a pat/stroke or replace her dummy, even give milk or calpol if I feel she needs it or she's asking for it (milk not meds) and then go out again. I've just upped her nappy size to see if that could possibly make a difference, ill try anything! I'm also going to attempt not to go near her tonight if she wakes up and see how it goes. Oh's birthday tomorrow, I don't want her or me to be as grumpy/tearful as we have been today for him..

I could also talk about her temper which is getting worse (slapping us, scratching, digging her nails in anger) but that's a whole other issue :( :( :(

i think it sometimes is harder on the parents to let their child scream/cry back to sleep then it is for the child..it's a very frustrating time for sure..
my youngest is 5 and recently has begun crying and whining about everything..i can't stand it. she doesn't take naps..i'm beginning to think she needs too..i remembe being made to take naps at that age..even if only a half hour..but the constant crying and whining is driving me nuts..i know that sounds horrible but I can't help it.

Alia went did go through that phase and it took about a week of very little sleep on my part. When she got up I'd go in lay her down rub her back and leave. The first time I'd let her cry about 5 min go in again lay her down rub her back and leave. Then I'd leave her for 7 min. Repeat each time progressing to longer in between until she eventually cried herself out. It was heart breaking. But so worth it. She is a great sleeper now. On the rare occasion she does wake up in the night now I don't go in. She'll wimper for 5 min maybe then back to sleep. If its 7am or after though she knows its time to get up and wont go back to sleep. Lol. But that's not a horrible time so we get up :)

Like you said the rough play is another matter. Lol. Normal at this age though (Alia is 15 mos now) I just grab her hand tell her "No hitting/scratching .... it hurts mommy/puppy..." in a tough voice then put her down and walk away. She gets quite upset but it seems to be working. I'll leave her for a short amount of time (a few mins) then distract her with new play and all is better. She is getting much nicer and doesn't play rough too much anymore.

Grace's temper seems to be bad at times too. But they say it is normal at this stage because they are trying so hard to express themselves, and since they can't quite do it verbally with words, they do it with action.

She likes to hit. I try to be firm with her and tell her "no, that hurts mommy", but then she will hit me again, lol. I think I need to try the setting down and walking away thing when she does that, thanks, Imp.

The other thing she does is if you tell her "no" she throws whatever she has in her hand, be it a binkie, a toy, a sippee cup, etc. And sometimes she will throw herself on the floor and scream. When she does this we do try to walk away, at least for a couple of minutes, then come back.

Ahh the joys of toddlerhood! :flower:

Thanks ladies, the last two nights have been better, I put her in a bigger nappy size and it might be a coincidence but it's helped I think! She does still murmur/shout out which wakes me up but I've either ignored it or popped her dummy back in and left her. Long may it continue! Now, help with oh's snoring anyone??? ;)

The tantrums/hitting are a hard one, she's worse when tired/unwell and I totally get the frustration element of it but it does wear me down. She hits out when people get in her space/face or try to kiss her or something when she doesn't want to, she will also hit out at other kids if they try to take her toy away or something. I react very quickly, she gets taken away and put down to calm down then has to apologise (kiss or hug) and she's fine but she does it again if something annoys her again so on we go.. I do feel she's in a heightened state of irritation most of the time because her skin drives her nuts (eczema) and once she starts scratching she seems to lash out more as she's already aggravated but I can completely excuse her behaviour because of that.

Just wanted to pop in quickly to say:

:wohoo::happydance:IT'S MY V-DAY!!!!!! :happydance::wohoo:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"