Femmes Fetales - (PAL) Holding onto Hope 9 months and on...

Lisa7 and Mum I've added you both to the Who's who? section on post #1

Mum I'm missing your BFP and EDD dates, Thanks! So happy for the group to be growing. :dust:

The date i got my bfp was 8th feb and it seems i will be due around the 23rd october, which is the day before my youngest daughters 3rd birthday and a week after my oldest daughter turns 17:wacko: Thats gonna be a busy few couple of weeks, lol. hope everyone is well today. any symptoms yet ladies?

morning all!!

love how many of us there are in here now, yippee!!

Also loving new ladies coming in with due dates almost a month after mine, makes me feel I must be getting further along, if you know what I mean! hehe :) 8 weeks this weekend, so pleased!!

symptoms-wise, still the boobs (they look big today (and good if I say so myself haha)) nice and tender, had a couple of moments of queasiness yesterday but nothing too dramatic and I get out of breath climbing the stairs these days! how odd. someone said it's to do with your blood thickening, is that right? weird isnt it? and I am uber thirsty today, I bought a nice bottle of orange juice in the shop on the way to work, opened it on the train, had a couple of mouthfuls and forgot to put it back in my bag so it's still on the train. I just downed a Capri Sun and I need more! better go and fill up my water bottles :)

Mum - Wow that will be busy! but HAPPY busy :thumbup:

I've updated you!

So far for me no symptoms...except some mild cramping every once in awhile. You?

Kizzy - I know you are getting into the safe zone! :happydance: I'm uber thirsty as well...I usually never drink water and now I LOVE it.

Kizzy- yes i am sure its right about the blood thickening or increasing quite early in pregnancy. Must admit the boobs are one thing i like in pregnancy, wait that sounds odd:blush: i mean my boobs, after 4kids its nice when they fill out a bit:haha:

Grand- i'm similar, bit of crampy pulling last night but nothing really apart from achey boobs and tired. Woohoo, bring on the morning sickness:thumbup:

Still waiting for my call from my bestie to say baby is on her way. She saw midwife yesterday and asked for a sweep but they dont do them here till 41wks+ now so she has an appointment for monday and is booked in to be induced on 17th if still nothing. I really hope it doesnt come to that for her, fx she comes on her own

Lisa7 and Mum I've added you both to the Who's who? section on post #1

Mum I'm missing your BFP and EDD dates, Thanks! So happy for the group to be growing. :dust:

Thanks Grand and good luck with the job search!

My friend emailed me today to tell me she's pregnant, very early days but she's had three m/c's and has a problem with thick blood so she has to test really early now and inject herself for the first twelve weeks. I am so delighted for her as she's wanted it a long long time, I just wish I didnt have reservations about her boyfriend :( The last m/c was his but previous had not been, and she had the last one in August last year and had months of bleeding and tests etc to see what was up. I am glad she has a resolution and a way of controlling the problem but I dont think he's a very good person. unfortunately, my friend desparately wants a baby and I think it's clouding her judgement. I am so happy for her on one hand but sad on another :(

Kizzy - So excited your friend is pregnant! It will be so fun for you to go through this journey together...it's too bad the boyfriend is not the best partner...but at least this baby will be well-loved and very much wanted. I hope this is her sticky bean :dust:

yeah exactly, she will definitely love the baby and she's wanted it for so long, they are getting married next year so she'll be really happy with a hubby and baby, and I am so pleased she's pregnant after everything she has been through. I hope he proves me wrong and is good to her and the bubba :)

Good morning ladies (or probably evening for most of you!) Welcome Lisa and mum! So happy for you both.

26.5 hours until my scan. I'll be 8w2d. I'm trying not to think about it but am getting super nervous. I have a feeling I'll be too anxious to sleep tonight!

RGN - Much luck and peace for your scan tomorrow! :dust: I'm sure everything will go well...is someone going with you???

ooohh good luck!! dont be nervous (easier said than done!) I have every faith all will be ok xxx

Thanks Grand and Kizzyt!

Yes, my hubby will be with me so that's good. He is acting very confident that everything will be fine so that's helping keep me relaxed.

I'll update after my appointment.

xx

Hi everyone, Happy Thursday!

RGN I'm thinking of you and sending you good vibes for your scan tomorrow.

I saw my family Dr. Today and he confirmed I am pregnant! Yippee, Positive test done this afternoon. I need that reassurance because I have no symptoms today. My first scan will be at 12 weeks. I don't have the date for that yet but it will be for IPS. I'm very excited. It's feeling a little more real now that I have the paper work for prenatal testing. He also gave me a prescription for medication in case I get bad nausea. He strongly recommended that I get the flu shot today so I did that and said DH has to get one too. I can't wait to start telling people but am going to wait.

As for a nickname for my belly I think for now it's going to be the fruits. So for this week it's me and the poppyseed. Hehe

:hi: Hello ladies!

RGN: :friends: I'll be cheering you on in spirit tomorrow. I know that you'll have a perfect-sized gestational sac with a perfect little bean inside. Please let us know how it went as soon as you can, and definitely post a picture of the scan if you get one!

Kizzy: I've been insanely thirsty from day 1. I just can't drink enough water, which is only making me run to the bathroom even more. My boobs are getting quite big as well! I'm naturally a B-cup, but I've quickly moved on to a C-cup and I'm already busting out it that! :shock:
I can understand your mixed feelings for your friend. Hopefully she realizes what a schmuck he is sooner rather than later and that it doesn't affect her baby dreams.

Grand: I had quite a bit of cramping in the first couple of weeks, which of course scared the hell out of me, but they've tapered off recently. I still get little pulls and pinches from time to time, but not like in weeks 4 and 5. Don't worry, you're fine!

Lisa: :happydance: It's confirmed! How exciting!
What's with the flu shot? No one has said anything about that to me. :shrug: I probably won't get it done either unless I'm strongly advised to do so by my doctor. I have an appointment for 'the talk' on the 25th, so maybe it'll come up then. Do you live in Quebec, too?

Mum: I hope your friend goes into labor naturally. Maybe this weekend??? What is a sweep? I'm clueless! I think I'll be in for quite a shock when this pregnancy really starts to develop. I can't even imagine feeling a baby kick inside of me, let alone feel it come out of my...:shock: I think I'm going to be sick.

Vixmar: :hi: How are you feeling today, hon? You must be so excited and nervous about your scan next week. I have my fingers crossed for you! :friends:

Melly: How are you feeling today? Any new symptoms to report?

AFM: I wasn't able to change my scan date to tomorrow as I'd hoped, so it looks like I'll have to wait until Monday afternoon to see the kid. I'm so nervous! :wacko:

I almost forgot:
Grand, there's a pregnancy ticker that I think would go perfectly with your nautical theme - it's at babygaga.com I think you'll know which one I'm talking about.

Hey Anna, My Dr. recommends the flu shot because pregnant women are more at risk of getting Influenza- the flu. And when they do they get sicker from it like an elderly person would and are often hospitalized because of it. Flu season is from Nov-April here. I'm in Ontario. So I wasn't sure I would get it but thought I don't want to risk getting very sick in my first trimester.

Oh I forgot I also have a Dr. apt in 2 weeks for a full physical :blush: and got a lot of blood tests done today.

Hope everyone is feeling well today :flower:

hi everyone, just wanted to pop in quick but havent had chance to catch up properly.

rgn- sending lots of pma for tomorrow will be thinking of you.

lisa7- glad its all official now, yay

anna- sorry i do give tmi sometimes and i am about to give you more,lol. Basically the midwife sweeps her fingers round the cervix to try and start things off a little. hope that enlightens you and hope your weekend passes swiftly so you can see your little bean

Good luck and lots of baby dust to everyone testing this weekend, bring on the bfp's

Morning lovely ladies!

Lisa7 - IT's OFFICIAL!!! Must feel nice and so real to get the ball rolling...your doctor sounds on top of it...what prenatal testing are you doing? I'm not getting the flu shot...is that bad of me??? I live in the S of France and it's not cold at all and I've never got the flu in my life (knocking very hard on wood as I write that LOL!)

Who else is getting the flu jab???

RGN - so glad your OH will be with you holding your hand...can't wait to hear what you see :dust:

Anna - I'm jealous...I want bigger BB's :holly: LOL! I'm a barely B - can't wait to have some real ones ;). Thanks for your reassurance about my cramping etc. - it's stopped now for the moment which makes me happy. Too bad you couldn't get your scan date changed but an extra couple days will allow "the kid" to grow more and hopefully you'll get a better image :dust:

Mum - Thanks for explaining "sweeping"...sounds um interesting :blush: Keep us up to date on how she's doing!

Hi Kizzy, Mellybelle, Vixmar :wave:

Morning ladies,

Glad to see lots of activity in here, seems like everyone's doing good and there's lots of PMA. Anna, I am with you, I cant even imagine it all!!

I am feeling quite rubbish today tbh, didnt sleep well, feel a bit coldy, sick, just rundown really, OH didnt want me to come to work because of my crappy commute so I planned to leave early and now someone's scheduled me in for a conf call at 4.30 :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->