Femmes Fetales - (PAL) Holding onto Hope 9 months and on...

Thanks shell!

Funny story, this morning DH was off to another county for a court hearing (he couldnt get out of it, and was upset that he missed my appt, but I am kind of glad he did with how long it was, he would have been a bit, ahem, overwhelmed with all the female issues talk!). I told him as he was kissing me goodbye that it was Baby L's 10 wk milestone today. He asked me if the baby could hear him yet and I said no, but maybe vibrations--so he lifted up my shirt and did a rasberry on my belly! I almost died! lol :rofl:

I am so glad most of your family took the news so well! Sorry your dad was so quiet--he could just be worried about you because you are his little girl. I know my father doesn't express emotions very much, which hurts me sometimes as I feel he is not happy for me, when he really is (but I don't find out until much later). I hope he comes around for you hun and lets you know he is happy for you! :hugs:

Good luck with your appt tomorrow!! :hugs:

I Everyone!

Amber - Wow that seems like a lot to be discussing so early on!

Bellas - That’s so exciting you can hear the heart beat! I'm going to have to look into a Doppler. That would be a big relief!

Afm I just got back from my first pre natal appt. Went well, as expected anyway. Aside from my emotional self! Just trying to tell my dr who I want to deleiver my baby and why (the dr that helped me through my mc) and for some reason I couldn't contain my tears. Well after that she asked if I wanted an early ultrasound to ease my worries, so I guess it worked out. lol Now I have my 1st ultrasound booked for next wednesday (the 6th)!! I'll only be 7 weeks but at least I should be able to see a heart beat!! So its something to lok forward to! Then I have my 2nd pre Natal booked for the 27th. I think she has a few more things to fill out but she didn't want to push things as I was emotional enough, and she says we have lots of time so we'll take it easy! I also asked her about the peanut butter, she said that there is no scientific evedience of anything, and if it was a problem the fda whould be down every drs throught to get these girls off it. Same goes for the soft cheese apparently! Makes me feel better anyway. I really like my dr. not sure why but she remindes me of mother earth (lol), kinda relaxed about things and really nice!

Thanks for your kind words about my Dad, Amber. My stepmum text me just now to say my Dad is chuffed, but just worried coz of last time. Wouldnt have hurt him to say "congratulations" or even just crack a smile, would it? Oh well :dohh:

Aww, I loved reading about your DH and the raspberry! That is so sweet! and I hear ya on DH being overwhelmed with "female issues", my OH is the same :shrug:
xx

Amber - My husbands already talking to my belly too! Its kinda funny, I was feeling queesy and he got down on his knees and started to tell the "baby you better be nice to mommy".

Hey Imp. Glad your apt went well, and you got an early scan booked. If you look at my avatar pic, that is Bo at 7 weeks exactly. It was an abdominal U/S, and we saw the heartbeat clearly. Hope that helps you know what to expect for next week :flower:
xx

Imp- Thanks for that pb information. I love it and will continue having it. Weird but I don't know anybody that likes it (except on here)
Good news about the scan.

Amber - sound slike you have had a lot of info to take in. It will alll sink in just perhaps a bit overwhelming to begin with.

Shell - I have told my parents and that is all - my dad has not said anything really either. I know deep down that he is pleased though just not very good at showing - maybe its the same for them both.

Grand hi - How are you feeling hun. Its a shame about the doctors but that is a long drive .......
Hi everybody else i hope that you are ok. XX

Shelleny, Try not to worry too much about your Dads response I think they take longer to process information and also you are still their number one concern, so he is probably just worried about your well-being-give him time to process hun!
Grand-I am also shattered after work and wearing lots of black and lots of the same things cause I dont want to buy anythine maternity until after the first scan! To bad we couldnt share clothes hah
Bean-we have 1st scans the same day!!!!!
Amberyll: glad your appointment went well-overwhelming for sure-but must make it seem real? Good luck with the upcoming pokes and sorry you have to go through those!
Hello to all!

Imp--that is too cute about what your DH said to the baby! I love it so much when they start talking to our little ones like that, makes us feel all warm and fuzzy!

Glad your appt went well and I'm excited for you to see the baby at 7 wks! :happydance:

Also glad to hear an MD's take on the peanut butter. Now I can enjoy some on my bagels!

Another thing my MD told me today was no hair dyes or highlights until 16 wks! Arg! My roots are already like 2 inches long! I'm gonna look like a 1/2 blonde 1/2 brown haired lady for 6 more weeks! lol

Shell--so glad your step-mom told you your dad is happy, that is so wonderful. I had a gut feeling he was just really worried about you. When I told my parents about this one, my Dad told my mother to tell me to "take care of myself." Dads worry about their little girls a lot more than we think! :hugs:

This is one time I'm glad I don't dye my hair! Not being able to maintain sucks! Buts it's worth it to keep your little one safe.

Did/are you girls going to take the test for down syndrome and spineadifita? (not sure spelling lol)? I'm not sure how I feel about it...?

We had the downs screening as it is now offered and is of no risk and is so simple to do. (we would never have paid privately for it). Although we knew that even if we came back high risk there is absolutely no way we would have undergone further testing due to the risks involved. We just felt we could mentally prepare ourselves for the possibility if we came back high risk. Our baby would always be perfect to us anyway. Its a personal choice and i was the same as you at first, a little unsure how i felt about it especially as it was not available on our first so not something we had to think about.

yes we had the downs screening too and thankfully came back no risk. I wouldnt have had any further invasive tests either had we been high risk.

Imp, I had my hair coloured a couple of weeks ago, if its highlights etc its fine as it doesnt touch the scalp. I did wait til after 12 weeks though x

I have my first trimester screen on 4/11/11 for this. This is just the u/s where they do the nuchal testing and genetic counselling to give us a risk assessment. We have not decided if we will do any further testing due to the risks involved with amnio and CVS. If we have low risk, we will probably not go through with it. If results come back high risk, we are not sure, and have been talking a lot about it. On the one hand, we want to know as much as possible so we can make preparations for a special needs child, but on the other hand, I don't want to risk losing the baby if the amnio or CVS procedure causes problems. It is a really tough decision.

Pixie - I'm in canada so its covered under our helth program.

My husband waived it off saying if its not solid only a higher chance or lower then why? The thing is I'm not sure how I'd react to knowing that my chances are higher...?

One more question... I will be able to see a heart beat at about 7 weeks right? I'm wondering if I should push my scan off one more week. I really don't want to not see a heart beat. I'm afraid if my dates are even a little off then I may not see one... and then I'd be devastated!

Imp I can understad what you are saying as I am feeling the same. I will only be 6+3. I have heard though that it is possible to see a heartbeat at 6 weeks. When the hospital phoned me they wanted me to go tommorrow anhd said aslong as I ws 6 weeks that was fine. Hope that helps.....

Angela - both waiting for Monday then...

Hi everybody. XX

Thanks Bean! I'm still not sure what I'm going to do though... I just really want to make sure I see one. I thought it would take at least 2 weeks to get in. Apparently they are not as busy now as they were last year. Pondering a bit...

Imp--they were able to find a heartbeat on Baby L at 6+1. However, all babies develop differently, and some hbs are detected until later in week 6/early week 7. This happens a lot with early scans because you go in thinking the baby is a certain age and the u/s can show as much as a week off at times! I know that Shell experienced this with her early scan! I can see waiting until week 8, but if you are confident as to your O date and conception date (which I fortunately was able to pinpoint exactly), 7 wks should be just fine!

Not confident as per o date... This was the one month that I didn't get a positive opk. I am pondering this... I may decide to wait

IMP: If you know it will upset you not to see one I would wait to be sure! No need for undue stress!
Bean: 4 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What time is yours? Mine is 2:30 :)
I am thinking of getting highlights soon, but I am on the fence, needed them when I found out a month ago!
Everyone else-Happy and Healthy Friday and weekend....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->