Femmes Fetales - (PAL) Holding onto Hope 9 months and on...

IMP - congratulations! You must be really pleased to see the heartbeat - what reassurance but I can't believe they won't tell you anything more til you see your doctor!

Amber and Bellas - roll on monday for all of us! Hope this week hurries up and reaches the weekend!

Kizzy - pleased everything is going well honey and we can't wait to get to second tri to join you!

xxx

IMP--I would call your doctor in a couple of days and ask them to check the u/s report and see what the baby was measuring--that way you won't have to wait 3 weeks!!! Also, just fyi for your next scan, you can ask the tech this too at your scan. I learned this with my last pregnancy, so my first two questions with this pregnancy have been, each time: What is the hb rate and what is the baby measuring? O:) They should tell you (and will probably tell you md will confirm later), but it is at least worth asking! So far every tech I have had has been willing to share the info on the spot!

I did ask her and she did a quick line and said a number of mm's. But did it so fast I never really caught what she said. But then she said my dr should have the report by around Friday and she'll confirm everything. The place I go to is just a outside ultrasound and X-ray clinic. That's all they do. It's not at the hospital or anything so I think they are very carful what info they give out. And she said it's still so early they don't want to get peoples hopes up at this stage.

Hi everybody, just had a quick catch up. Been so busy, my little boy has been poorly so not had much spare time between cuddles and playing mummy nurse!!!

Just wanting to wish everybody good luck with their scans, how exciting! Cant wait to see some pics.

Hope everyone is doing ok

Have my 15/16week app nxt wed so very excited to hear the heartbeat! Every bit of reassurance is craved! I think i felt a fluttering last night so im thrilled!!! I felt my son at 16 weeks so they say slightly earlier in 2nd pregnancies so it would be about right! Will be constantly waiting for it to happen again now!

Bonjour Ladies!

Bean, Angelas and Imp - Excellent news on those fantastic heart beats...seriously that's one of the biggest early pregnancy hurdles and means there is so much less risk! So happy for you all.

Milos - I've been pretty crap on the eating front as well. 2nd tri is all about exercising regularly and eating healthy which I couldn't do because of morning sickness.

New - You're welcome anytime love! Plently of space for you here...we're waiting for everyone :kiss:

Shell - sorry about the sleepless nights...makes getting through the day tough. BTW you must post a BUMP pic when you can - I posted one on pg. 30 of my journal :)

Kizzy - Excellent news on your midwife appointment. Glad your mum got to hear the heartbeat - must have been so special for her.

Pixie - Wow being a mom and prego is hard huh? Thanks for checking in and hope your appt. goes well next week hon!

Good luck to you girls with upcoming scans on Monday - Mum, Amber, Bellas and Milos.

Also anyone here from Lisa7 - Haven't got an update whether she had her scan yesterday or it's tomorrow?:shrug:

AFM: SCAN TODAY!!! Little Blue is perfect in every way and I got pics and 3D and everything - didn't expect that or even ask for it. They just give you this whole booklet at the end of your appt. Very nice. He/She has low nuchal test so low risk I believe and great HB - 163rpm. All the parts were there and progressing normally...I got to see the blood going from the umbilical cord into him/her and that he/she's already producing urine! It was an amazing appt. and she explained everything to me - every little part.

Here some pics:

Photo on 2011-04-07 at 17.54.jpg
Photo on 2011-04-07 at 17.54 #2.jpg

PS. A lady came up to me at work and said, "congratulations". I was dumbfounded. I said, "For what?" And she said, "You're pregnant". I was really taken aback and astounded that someone would just come up and say that to me (I don't know anyone in the company very well except my main colleague who I haven't even told). I had told the big boss but he lives in London. I'm not showing that much and my clothes really cover it. I wish I had had a good comeback at the time but instead I just stupidly said, "thanks and don't tell anyone" (Like that's going to happen :wacko:)

So my question is How would you react??? What would have been your comeback??? I just think it's a bit out of place for a barely acquaintance to come up and just say that. What are your guys' thoughts?

Grand--I posted on your journal, but I repeat, I just LOVE your pics, they are so beautiful! I am over the moon and so excited for you!! Little Blue is perfect!!! :happydance:

As for your question--After picking my jaw up off of the floor, I would have smiled, said "thanks so much and, btw, how did you know/find out if I may ask?" That way you know who spilled the beans or how she figured it out! I would also tell her that no formal announcement has been made yet as you are early on and would appreciate her keeping it under wraps for now. Unless she knows the big wig in London somehow, she must be a snoop!!

Pixie--so good to hear from you hun!! Wow, we have another 2nd trimester mummy! Time seems to be going by so fast!!! Sorry to hear your DS is sick, I hope he is feeling better soon! I hope your scan goes well next week too!! And so happy you are feeling the baby already, that is wonderful!!!

Imp--I hope your doctor is able to give you the info over the phone tomorrow! I didn't know you went to an outside location for the test, sorry about that! My gyn's office has an u/s unit in the same suite (it is technically a different office, but they are right across the room from each other), so I think that is why their techs are less concerned about sharing info as I usually have to walk the results over myself afterward (so of course I read them first! haha).

Wonderful pics Grand, how lovely! I wonder how that woman at your work knew??

Hi all

Grand - beautiful pictures. I agree with Amber - ask her how she knew. XX

Hi Everyone, I have been a terrible friend lately. I haven't posted for soooo long. Just read pages and pages of posts. Lots of great progress.

I am just starting to feel better and am getting some energy back. First trimester has been difficult. I guess it's hard ward work making a human. Hehe

Grand, I did have my scan on Wednesday this week, (the date got changed). Everything is just perfect. HB 150, NT 1.1mm which is low risk, measured 11 weeks and 6 days which fits exactly to when I ovulated. Baby was bouncing around, kicking, moving it's arms. It was so amazing to see. My husband is going to video the next one so we can watch it over and over. It was just amazing.

Hope everyone is feeling well and happy.

Hi Lisa - :wave: So nice to see you - sorry 1st tri's been rough...I get it don't worry. What an amazing scan...I'll update page 1 tomorrow with your wonderful news. So tired still from work. Early night with OH.

Morning everyone! :hi:

Hi Kizzy. Glad your appt went well and your mum enjoyed it. Great news on hearing Tinks heartbeat. Its amazing isnt it? Hope 2nd tri is treating you well.

Imp - great news on your scan. Glad you got to see the heartbeat. Hope you get some more info soon.

Hey Pixie. How wonderful that you have started feeling your baby move. I cant wait for that. Sorry to hear your son has been poorly. Hope you are enjoying 2nd tri.

Grand - Little Bleu is absolutely gorgeous! How amazing are your scan pics?! So glad everything is going well for you, Hun. And regarding the woman at work, I am going through the same thing at the moment. I would suggest you ask her how she knew, and tell her you want to make a formal announcement yourself in the near future, and ask her not to say anything before that.

Hi there Lisa. So glad everything went well with your scan. Great news that your LO is doing so well in there. You sound very happy.

AFM: my scan appt finally came through. It will be on Wednesday 27th April, when I will be 13w5d. I am soooo looking forward to it. But I am disappointed, as I dont think my OH will be able to get time off work to come. I also have an appt with the Obstetrician booked for Tuesday 24th May, when I will be 17w4d. But I dont know what this is for? Any ideas?
Also, we have been listening to Bo's heartbeat on our doppler everyday, and its amazing!! We can hear the placenta, the cord, and the heartbeat. It's such a lovely bonding experience between the 3 of us.
Finally, my bump has grown crazily out of control! So much so, that colleagues are stopping me in the corridors at work to ask me if I am pregnant and congratulate me! So much for keeping it a secret until after the next scan!

Good luck for the monday scans! Take care everyone :friends:
xx

Hi everyone. Just wanted to ask a quick question. My breasts havn't been as sore the past day and a half and it's really scaring me. I'm 7.5 weeks along. Did anyone elses start to ease up this early?

Imp - mine were never ever sore and still aren't. Everything is fine so far with all my scans. I don't think I would read too much into it. :hugs:

Thanks Grand... Its just that I think this was my first clue when I lost it last time... But that is good to know, and does make me feel a little better. I keep telling my self I never saw a heart beat last time so this is a good sign! I would be nervous, anyway and things like this just don't help. Good I can't wait to get to seccond tri!! Praying every day!!!

Grand - I am loving your scan piccies - what a cutie you've got in there xxx

Love - sorry to hear you have been feeling rough but so pleased to hear your scan went well too. I hope your second trimester is easier for you x

IMP - my boobs were sore one day, fine the next or even on and off sore during the day. It does seem to vary quite a lot so try not to worry too much (although I know its hard not to!) x

Shellney - glad you've got your scan date and your doppler sounds wonderful. Its amazing that your colleagues have guessed about your pregnancy already - thats really blown your cover! Not long til your scan though then you can tell everyone officially.

AFM - only 2 sleeps until my scan! Really can't wait to see the baby again and hopefully if all is well we will start to share the news with family and friends next week. I don't think anyone has guessed about our news yet but we will find out by their reactions next week! xxx

Happy Sunday ladies!

To my scan buddies: Milos, Mum, Bellas--fx'd for us all tomorrow! I hope we see happy, healthy, bouncing babes!

Grand--Happy 13 weeks, as I said in your journal, I am still so in awe of your pics, they are so beautiful!

Lisa--sorry you have had such a rough 1st trimester hun :hugs: So glad to hear your little one is measuring perfectly and growing big and strong!!!

Imp--I have had breast soreness off and on since about 7 wks. Sometimes I will go days without any soreness and then suddenly I'll wake up with shooting pains in them. So don't worry if you go days with no pain. I think that is a symptom that is meant to ebb and flow a bit over the course of the first tri. And, like grand said, some women dont have tenderness at all.

Shell--so good to hear from you hun and glad you and little Bo are doing well! that is so awesome about the dopplar--I keep telling dh we should invest in one! Maybe after we see the babe tomorrow, he will cave in! As for your obstetric appt, I am not sure, I know that I have to see the md once a month, maybe that is just your 1 mo check after your scan? Also, we get scans around week 20 here in the states as well, so maybe that is to set you up for your 20 wk? Grats on the bump!

AFM: very nervous about tomorrow for some reason. I think my hormones and nerves are just frayed!!! I did find something to help ease my nausea a bit-lipton decaffeinated iced tea! I brewed a batch of it this am and almost died of pleasure drinking it, lol!!

Hello to all the preggos and hope you are all having a fabulous weekend!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE SCAN LADIES!!!​
:kiss:

Can't wait to see some lovely scan pics from you all...I hope that they will be wonderful experiences for each and every one of you: Milos, Mum, Bellas, Amber:flower:

Hi all

Milos, mum, Bella and Amber - will be thinking of you all tom. Can't wait to see pics.

Imp- Mine have been sore on and off also.

Hi everyone else - hope everyone has had a nice weekend. XX

Thanks for all the good wishes for tomorrow ladies! Like Amber I am somewhere between terrified and excited! Not too sure how well I will sleep tonight but hoping tomorrow comes around quickly!
Must be the first time I have wished for Sunday to be over and Monday morning to arrive xxx

Hey all,

Just quickly popping on to say thanks for the good luck wishes for tomorrow!
Good luck Amber, Milos & Mum! I will be thinking of you!

I am very excited and very nervous! Gonna get an early night! My scan is at 9.45 in the morn! Ah!!

Hi to everyone else and hope you are all ok and will catch up tomorrow xx
:dust::dust::dust::dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"