*****Fertility Appointments and Work? *****

x.kim.x.b

Reaction score
Hey Ladies :coffee:

Just Wondering how people are finding there work with fertility appointments, My work dont seem to pleased with me! Im with Oxford infertility which is taking me about 2hours to get to not to mention the the cost of getting there! ( I dont drive) My work are being a bit of a pain saying that I have to use all my holiday for the appointments and they wont give me unpaid leave which dont get me wrong I dont mind using my holiday but im not getting much of a rest im other at the hospital or at work They wont allow me to use any of my holiday on actually havin a break to chill out! I mean im giving them as much notice as I can but you can just tell that they aint happy, and cant afford to leave, and hearing there all gossiping about me makes even more stress! Any one having the same prob or just my work lol x x:wacko:

Oh that's really bad!! I go to one that's only 5-10mins walk away from my office so it's easy for me to go there and back, and my manager's really not too bothered that I'm away 1 hour each week!

They shouldn't expect you to take your holidays for appointments, there should be something you can use specifically for doctors/hospital appointments instead!!

Nope appartley not as im not sick its just for ferility so I cant have it off as sick, and they have refused unpaid leave! So think its no holiday or rest this year :( x

My job is trying to be flexible with appts but it's not really conducive to what I do. So I've started looking for a new job but luckily I have the option to not work if need be.

Is there a hr dept you can talk to? There's no sick time available? And there able to tell you what you can use your sick/personal time for?

Sorry your going through this. I told a coworker just the other day that having a baby was more important than my job so I'm choosing a baby (which is why I'm leaving my current job)

Yeah I spoke to citizens advice today and appartley they dont legally have to let me have the appointments unless im using my own holiday even thought it is abit out of order, and have looked into other jobs but to be honest I love my job just not the managers haha and think me starting a new job at the moment wouldnt be a good idea as it just looks bad me starting a new job and go oh by the way im trying for a baby I need time off lol And the bad thing is I do need my job or the bills wont get paid lol So think im just gunna have to grit my teeth x

I'm sorry :-( come here often if you need to vent. A lot of us understand frustrating job situations and we feel you

Good Luck

how sad. maybe you could report them to the better buisness committee. see if a bad rep with them kicks them in the pants. they shouldnt have control of what you use your sick time for. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->