FET (Frozen Embryo Transfer) - who has done it, who is doing it.....

Sarahincanada than you so much for the encouragement-so your baby is result of FET? I'm tryig to not obsess this time around. BUT I want to be very well prepared. I want to do acu and I'm also wondering about having sex the day before transfer? I read that somewhere. I also want to eat a pineapple.

Gaw I dread those PIO inj!!! They said they might switch me to suppos after a bfp!!! Yea Kel, cycle buddy?

Sarahincanada than you so much for the encouragement-so your baby is result of FET? I'm tryig to not obsess this time around. BUT I want to be very well prepared. I want to do acu and I'm also wondering about having sex the day before transfer? I read that somewhere. I also want to eat a pineapple.

Gaw I dread those PIO inj!!! They said they might switch me to suppos after a bfp!!! Yea Kel, cycle buddy?

Hi! yes my current BFP is from my FET, I had a failed fresh cycle in November. Im hoping that as the blast survived a freeze and defrost he is a strong lil one! we will see, still early days.

I would strongly advise acupuncture, I started it 2 x a week, weeks before the FET, and went the day before and the day after my transfer. I also ate pineapple core (not the meat but the core) after my transfer. The whole FET experience was sooooo much better than the fresh, Im sure you will do well!

Have you had your beta? I'm sorry if I missed a post.

We only have two blasts frozen. Hope they both survive the thaw process. It seems like they'll be stronger than the ones trans during fresh. We are doing assisted hatching also. Just praying for our miracle baby.

Did you just get pineapple from local supermarket?

(sorry) I just saw your 'spoilers' --- love all the +++ HPTs! You have u/s soon! How exciting!!

Sa, I really hope so. I'm praying we get into the clinic for march but it may be the month after. I'd rather do injections of progesterone, the inserts are so disgusting! I'd rather give myself a needle once a day then shove progesterone up my who-ha 3 times a day.

Sex before transfer?? I don't see the problem but even though we were in a hotel the night before I nixed it right away. They put my legs up high and I had a speculum with a light shining in my hoo-ha. Let me tell you that if you had sex the night before, everyone in the room will know about it. :blush:

yeah transfer was quite uncomfortable! I think this is why they're giving me a Valium
next time at our FET. I was very nervous and uncomfortable and tense.

shots over suppos?? I guess I didn't mind the suppos. I have such a needle phobia. so scared of those needles & all the stories I've read :(

Needles don't scare me, I'm a nurse. The part that is the hardest is when the medication stings but it's not for long.

We were told not to have sex but even if we did they control your cycle at our clinic so I'll be down regging and thus not able to produce an egg, I would think it would be the same for you? I think you keep taking down regging meds during the phase where they thicken your lining, at least thats what I understood, I could be wrong.

Anyone have any news /updates? I started acupuncture. I loved it! She gave me supplements tho and my re said not to take them. Ready for AF so we can get this FET cycle started! I think from the time AF starts until the time of transfer should be about 3 weeks..? A couple weeks on Vivelle patches, 5 days of PIO them transfer. (and continue PIO)

I have news, at exactly 5 weeks post partum (yesterday) the witch arrived. I've called the clinic though I expect no call back this cycle, but next cycle will line me up at 2 months on the wait list and the wait list is 2-3 months long so maybe I'll be lucky and get to start process for FET in march. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Me to, you're going in march to right? I so want to have someone to go through it with me.

Yes, as soon as AF comes... I'm really trying to not obsess this time around and not stress BUT I had nightmares last night:(

Awww, nightmares that the witch didn't show? When is she due to come? I'm guessing early march? If we get accepted for FET in march (my period won't be here till around the 20th of march since I'm currently having her visit right now) I won't start taking meds till april if they do it the same way they do IVF. So If af shows on the 20th then I'll get a call in about a week after saying you've been accepted then on cd21 I'll start d-regging. Am I right to assume the beginning parts are the same? But instead of stimming you have a uterine lining building up period? I always thought FET would be a shorter cycle then an IVF one.

Fet is so diff from IVF. They told me I don't need to be on bcp now, but I also don't have my tubes so there's no " what ifs " with me. As soon as AF shows I only start estrogen to help build the lining. I guess naturally we build lining anyway and the estrogen helps? Then when my lining is good, they'll have me do those dreadful PIO inj for only 5 days ... then transfer. So no down reg, no Lupron, no bcp, no stim... seems pretty simple. Maybe 3 weeks from AF to transfer? So, if you start mid-March you'll only be a week
or so behind me if they do the same for you.

I had nightmares about dh leaving me over all of this if it doesn't work :(

I won't be the same for me, I'll be downregging to suppress ovulation, my clinic wants to completely control my cycle so I guess I'll do that throughout the whole cycle like I did with IVF but that being said they may start my estrogen sooner since I won't be stimming. I'll take a look on their website to see if it explains it in detail. If it doesn't then I'll find out when I'm accepted for treatment.

Don't worry about that, our husbands love us to do this for us. When we found out my husband had male factor my love for him didn't change one bit, and I would never leave him it would just mean that we would have explored other options like donor sperm or adoption.

I found this website with a lot of information about embryos and FETs also.

https://miracleswaiting.org/factsembryos.html#q9

That was a very good site, it's answered all my questions regarding how they thaw etc. I'll have to make a point to ask the grade of embryo and how much fragmentation and cells are still present.

One of my embryo's was 10 cells at day 3 where normal for day three is 8, I wonder if this means it's a strong embryo or a weak one.

Hi everyone,
Just thought I would give an update. I had my 6 week ultrasound on friday and it did not go well at all. Baby A did not make it (sack was shrinking) and baby B has a "borderline' enlarged yolk sack. The RE said it is usually indicative of chromosomal abnormalities incompatible with life and only gave me a 50/50 chance of not miscarrying, although we did see a heartbeat. Well, today, 3 days later my symptoms have virtually subsided, so I fear I have lost this one as well. I will know for sure next week friday for my follow up ultrasound. I have spent the last 3 days morning the loss of my babies. My husband is still optimistic so I feel very sad. This was our last attempt at IVF's, we have run out of $ and emotional capacity. I think we are moving toward being DINK's (dual income no kids) but will know for sure in a few days....

Good luck to the rest of you on your journeys. Best wishes to you all!

Lisa

I sincerely hope that your one baby beats the odds. Hugs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->