FET (Frozen Embryo Transfer) - who has done it, who is doing it.....

Well AF showed up today im so upset cant stop crying I just dont understand why nothing works!

Dr wants to try Follitism next instead of Gonal. Anyone had success with one over the other?

I did Follistim in December with my IVF! It worked well! I've never tried Gonal though. We also used Menopur with that same cycle.

So when I went in for my second blood draw, I got my official beta for my first test, which was 1015 (13dp5dfet). The RE said that was one of the highest he has seen in a while. He said it could mean twins :shock: or the embryo is healthy & just producing a lot of HCG. My repeat done today was 1896. Since this is my first go around, can anyone shed some light on the beta thing? Should I only be concerned if it isn't doubling appropriately?

That is really high! I am betting twins for you!

I had high HCG counts to when I did IVF and I didn't have twins I think mine were similar to yours my first was 358 at 13dpo I think my other was around 2000 18 or 19 dpo, mine at some point didn't quiet double either it fell short by about 1 or 2 hundred but baby was growing so I wouldn't worry you just barely missed doubling.

2long2wait
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:
I used gonal f, perhaps the switch will be good for you?

MaybeBaby4Me my beta at 16dpo was 442, so I guess 2 days later it could have been about 900 which is close to yours. Seeing as it was pretty high perhaps thats why it didnt double? its very close to double so Im sure everything will be fine...when is your first scan?

The RE said the scan will be soon. He didn't give a date yet. I think I've had such bad luck with past cycle's, he's just taking it one appt at a time. I go in on wed for another beta, so I am guessing my scan will be the following week.

I saw your scan is on the 20th. FX'ed for you! I think we had our transfers a day apart. It is nice to have someone going through this same process together! :dance:

I just had my first fresh IVF cycle and it failed. We have two frosties and I was wondering if many have had success with a frozen? it seems like if a fresh wouldn't work, why or how would a frozen?? They are two 8-cell blasts. We had transferred two excellent expandin blasts 10 days ago and I got a bfn. I really am worried about going thru this emotional pain again but I want to at least give it a try if there is a chance. my re said there is a 40% chance but he's "optimistic". I don't understand all of this. Also----when will I be able to start the frozen cycle? AF started today. :( I had hopes to not see her again til November 2012 :(

I thought Id start a thread for those doing FET (Frozen Embryo Transfer). My 1st fresh cycle of IVF failed but luckily I got 8 frosties. I will be doing a FET in January.

Would love to hear from people who had success with FET for inspiration, and those who will be doing FET in the next few months please join in. The protocols are different to fresh cycles so we could support eachother here.

:cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold:

FET in January 2012

sarahincanada
Tried 3 IUI's with clomid/injectables: BFN
1st IVF Nov 2011, 10 blasts, 2 transferred, 8 frozen: BFN
1st FET Jan 2012

ILuvBabies200
1 IUI in July with injectables BFN
1st IVF in November no transfer 9 embryos frozen
1st FET tentatively for January

Missy01
IUI#1 - 25mg clomid, 2 mature follicles - BFN
1st IVF - October 2011, 9 eggs collected, 8 fertilised, 4 blasts, 1 transferred (ended in chemical), 3 frozen.
1st FET - November / December - progesterone and oestrogen - BFN.
2nd FET / (or perhaps fresh cycle) - January 2012

RGN
1st IVF in Nov. 2011 with PGS. 57 eggs collected (OHSS); 33 fertilized; 12 blasts; 10 chromosomally normal.
FET in December cancelled due to thin lining, starting medications earlier in next cycle

Tinks
1st IVF/ICSI October 2011 - 1 embryo transfered (BFN) & only 2 frozen.
Planning FET for Jan/Feb 2012

FaithMommy
_Nell
Dis3tnd
InJ2012

Please add me to the list:

SAsarah
IVF#1 BFN
FET#1 Feb. 2012

I know quiet a few who've had success with FET. I am also worried about it though except we'd gotten a bfp with our fresh. My take on things is more if it worked with the fresh how can I be so lucky to think it would work on a FET to. Some clinics make you wait three cycles to start again and some only one so it just depends on your clinic. I'd call and get a follow up as soon as possible cause thats how you'll find out about whats next. Hopefully you can do it soon so we can have some more buddies cycling, right now it's just me and bballbaby.

I just had my first fresh IVF cycle and it failed. We have two frosties and I was wondering if many have had success with a frozen? it seems like if a fresh wouldn't work, why or how would a frozen?? They are two 8-cell blasts. We had transferred two excellent expandin blasts 10 days ago and I got a bfn. I really am worried about going thru this emotional pain again but I want to at least give it a try if there is a chance. my re said there is a 40% chance but he's "optimistic". I don't understand all of this. Also----when will I be able to start the frozen cycle? AF started today. :( I had hopes to not see her again til November 2012 :(

My son was from a frozen and my current pregnancy was a frozen. Definitely have faith! :hugs:

My RE said FET can be more successful than fresh because the uterine lining can be "custom made" and the body isn't under as much stress. I did my FET immediately after my failed (chemical) IVF, which resulted in a :bfp:

Keep the faith for as long as its emotionally healthy. I had all but given up this last attempt, so you never know.

Hi all!

I will be going for a FET in mid April - will start down regging end of this month. We have 6 day 2 embies frozen from our first ICSI cycle which gave us Pearette who is now 14 months old. I stopped bf her in early Jan - our consultant just said that i had to have stopped bf, he didnt day how long i had to have weaned her for?

kelly9 - I'm really sorry to hear of your loss... :(
I think I remember you from a LTTTC buddy thread?

hi sa2610! sorry for your failed cycle :hugs: I failed a fresh cycle in november with 2 blasts transfered, and just got a bfp on my FET from 1 blast transfered! so FETs definitely do work. Try not to think "it seems like if a fresh wouldn't work, why or how would a frozen"....each embryo/blast is different, and perhaps your stronger embryos are the ones that are frozen.

also your body is under a lot of stress on your fresh cycle from the medications, the anesthetic from the ER, etc so I think some people dont do well with that. although I still believe that its the embryo most of the time.....an example....on day 3 I had 2 embryos in the lead, and was pushed to a day 5 transfer. those 2 embryos stopped growing on the 4th day. so if Id done a 3 day transfer with those 2 it wouldnt have worked. So perhaps the 2 blasts they put in my stopped growing, meanwhile the blasts that survive a freeze and dethaw could be better.

good luck for your FET.

hey ladies, I managed to ask my GP for 2 more betas and did one on monday (they said exactly where it should be....6335) and will do one next monday....she understood that its hard to wait for the ultrasound without knowing if the beanie is growing or not, I love her!.
so my betas are as follows:

14dpo: 170
16dpo: 442
23dpo: 6335

MaybeBaby4Me are yours much higher than mine....although its hard to compare when blood is taken on different days. you might have twinnies though!!

I was an ltttc stalker for a long time when trying to conceive my son your name is familiar
To. I used to be apart of the four leaf clover group back in the day.

Pearette I'm glad youre hear well be doing FET around the same time. I am hoping for down reg in march but it could be April but my down reg is about two weeks long. Is there a reason why you would start this month for transfer in April? Are you on a long protocol?

hey ladies, I managed to ask my GP for 2 more betas and did one on monday (they said exactly where it should be....6335) and will do one next monday....she understood that its hard to wait for the ultrasound without knowing if the beanie is growing or not, I love her!.

MaybeBaby4Me are yours much higher than mine....although its hard to compare when blood is taken on different days. you might have twinnies though!!

Just got my ultrasound yesterday... and yup, twins! :happydance::happydance:
I am still freaking out a bit (a lot).

Your numbers look good. Your little bean is growing!!!

:baby:

Just got my ultrasound yesterday... and yup, twins! :happydance::happydance:
I am still freaking out a bit (a lot).

Your numbers look good. Your little bean is growing!!!

Congrats on the twinners!! :baby::baby:

Thanks iluvbabies and maybebaby! I really needed to hear positive stories. I met with RE - we are going ahead with our two frozen blasts and transfer in march. When I start next cycle I will start estrogen patches, then have a CD4 u/s, then start PIO inj (ouch?!!?) and 5 days later will transfer.

It seems much quicker/ less invasive. I am a little worried about the PIO inj as I'm a smaller frame. We are transferring both and I wouldn't mind twins at all!! I am praying this works.

What was your protocol for FET? Did anyone do acupuncture? I am going to my first appt Thursday. I will do anything and everything I can to help my success.

Thanks iluvbabies and maybebaby! I really needed to hear positive stories. I met with RE - we are going ahead with our two frozen blasts and transfer in march. When I start next cycle I will start estrogen patches, then have a CD4 u/s, then start PIO inj (ouch?!!?) and 5 days later will transfer.

It seems much quicker/ less invasive. I am a little worried about the PIO inj as I'm a smaller frame. We are transferring both and I wouldn't mind twins at all!! I am praying this works.

What was your protocol for FET? Did anyone do acupuncture? I am going to my first appt Thursday. I will do anything and everything I can to help my success.

The shots hurt like hell! I've done them so many times though. 3 months for DS's pregnancy and plan to 3 months for this one. The bruises are well worth it!

Sa your protocol is similar to the one we'll be doing, is the PIO injection the progesterone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->