FET Help

Babydust28

Reaction score
So I start my BCP on 2nd Feb ready for stims leading to a FET.

This will be my first transfer as we have had 1 cycle of IVF and because i was at high risk of OHSS they decided to freeze all. We got 4 frosties :happydance:

I am due to take 2mg Oestradiol Valerate 3 x daily (Progynova)

Ok, so heres the questions i have, the embryos were frozen on day 2 at 4 cell, i keep reading everywhere that people have either had 3dt or 5dt, why is mine 2? I will call the hospital but wanted some feedback from you ladies really and maybe some of your stories if you'd be happy to share.

I'm trying to keep so positive but i'm petrified of the worst and wondering how the hell i'll cope to be honest.

Also any do's and don'ts on the run up to the FET and in the 2ww?

Thank you in advance :kiss:

*waves*

Hi there!

I'm currently 3dpt on a single 5dayblastiocyctic embryo.

To be honest I'm not sure why they froze on day 2. Did they give you any information when you had your ICSI cycle? I've read many success stories even with 2 day transfers so keep your thoughts positive :)

As for leading up to it...
Keep well hydrated, especially if you suffer OHSS.
After the transfer, treat your body like you would if you're pregnant, so no raw fish, alcohol, hottubs or hot baths, strong chemicals etc.

The TWW is torture (brace yourself) so try to find light activities that can keep you busy. I'm still struggling with that LOL.

Lots of sticky dust xox

Hi thank you for your reply :kiss:

It wasn't ICSI but yes still a 2day freeze, i wonder whether they'll thaw them the date before so then they'll be day 3 embryos? Is that even possible :lol: I'll call today to see.

They have told me they're putting 2 embryos back in so i'm thinking this will hopefully give us a higher chance.

Sending you lots of sticky babydust too hun, i bet you're finding it difficult, being PUPO must be a killer, dying to test. Will you test early or wait it out?

My hubby said to me that we will just feel cautious throughout the whole 9months and whilst we would want to get excited seeing a :bfp: we would have to stay quite calm and realistic that we would be in a dangerous stage even still.

Thank you for your advice, did you do the pineapple thing that people do over 5 days i think it is?
I'll keep hydrated and will take nice walks out to keep the blood flowing to my uterus as i've read its vital you get up and about (nothing strenuous) rather than bed rest, hard because i read so many conflicting stories xx

Hey,

They can grow your embryos to day 5 after thaw if they decide too, but as long as they are developing as they should, the earlier they are back in your womb the better.

Best of luck :)

oh really? Wow that is fab.
I couldn't get through to the clinic today but will get on again tomorrow and see if that's their plan.

I'm also a little confused as to why they're putting 2 embabies back in when my 4 Frosties are all top grade, seems strange. I guess they know what they're doing much better than I do so I need to sit back, relax and let them do their thing. So hard to not second guess everything though isn't it

:dust:

Here in Aus they only do one transfer at a time...

I haven't done the pineapple thing lol - I know google can send you crazy that's for sure. I have been googling almost daily.

I had a busy day on the day of transfer (had to fly home) and had to walk all over the airport etc.

I also have a 7 year old home on school holidays so I'm always moving LOL.

Best of luck!! I hope you have some success xoxoxox

Hi Babydust, thought I would join as I'm in a similar position!

We had our first IVF cycle in November, and had a freeze all too because of high rish OHSS. Turns out it was a great decision by the doctors as I developed severe OHSS, ended up in hospital for 6 days, 8 litres of fluid drained from my stomach and then my kidneys and liver started to go :haha: Such a fun couple of months that was!

Today is CD3 for me so today I start Progynova 3 times a day along with baby aspirin and the Suprecur injections that I have been doing for the past two and a half weeks. I have a lining check next Thursday and then I'm guessing if all looks good, I will start progesterone and they will give me a rough date for transfer.

Interestingly, all our embryos were frozen on day 1. So they are going to thaw "one straw" which has 8 embryos in and try and get them to day 5. If they are not looking good, then obviously a transfer would take place on day 2 or 3 instead.

It feels weird that it's actually happening now right?! When was your IVF cycle?

I don't have any dos and don'ts yet really, I don't think I'm going to change anything about my diet/routine too drastically. But if I come across anything I will let you know! :hugs:

Hi Babydust, thought I would join as I'm in a similar position!

We had our first IVF cycle in November, and had a freeze all too because of high rish OHSS. Turns out it was a great decision by the doctors as I developed severe OHSS, ended up in hospital for 6 days, 8 litres of fluid drained from my stomach and then my kidneys and liver started to go :haha: Such a fun couple of months that was!

Today is CD3 for me so today I start Progynova 3 times a day along with baby aspirin and the Suprecur injections that I have been doing for the past two and a half weeks. I have a lining check next Thursday and then I'm guessing if all looks good, I will start progesterone and they will give me a rough date for transfer.

Interestingly, all our embryos were frozen on day 1. So they are going to thaw "one straw" which has 8 embryos in and try and get them to day 5. If they are not looking good, then obviously a transfer would take place on day 2 or 3 instead.

It feels weird that it's actually happening now right?! When was your IVF cycle?

I don't have any dos and don'ts yet really, I don't think I'm going to change anything about my diet/routine too drastically. But if I come across anything I will let you know! :hugs:

Hey hun wow you're well on your wy then, how are you feeling?

I have 4 BCPs left and then on 6th feb i start Progynova, lining scan on 8th March and all being well transfer will be 12th March.

My IVF cycle was July 2017.

I spoke with our embryologist and she said they will thaw & transfer straight away, Thaw 2 at a time and transfer the 2.

2 for better chance and emery stage rather than blast - better pregnancy chance. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->