Fetal Movement

JennieyL

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I am quite new here! and I posted a while ago to introduce myself in that forum and i had a few questions that never really got answered in there so I figured I would write it up in here
I have little to no movement and never really had any, the doctor said it is because my placenta in anterior so then I would rarely feel it (makes me sad). But somedays I feel like I am being kicked in the ribs all day long and then I can go for up to 2 days without feeling a thing. I can see it move when I am layin in the tub but not feel it, its just so strange to me! There is one other thing i wanted to know about when my dog barks it feels like the baby goes into a seizure like movement for awhile and i can feel it on both sides of my tummy but again not in the front. Im just wondering if I am being paranoid and this is normal for a anterior placenta? just hearing some others who have the same thing as me would be so helpful and put my mind at ease a little more! im in my 31st week if that helps
thanks so much!

Hi hun.

I'm really sorry but i don't know.

Didn't want to read and run.

Hope you get the answers you need.

Laura. xxx

Hun, I would bring that up with your doctor, cuz I'm sure she has on record if you have an anterior placenta. I've been told from my doctor that it's important to start counting fetal movements, and that was around 28 weeks.

In Canada, we're supposed to pick 2 hours out of the day (when baby is busiest) and count at least 6 movements. If we notice a change, we are to call the hospital. It's important that you are feeling movement everyday now hun

xx

thanks for not reading and running! haha
I hope I get some answers I feel that I am just being paranoid but It is helpful to hear others stories

Ya I am in canada too! and I have been counting the movements but I have to do it when I am in the bath and can see it move! I see it every day.. I just dont feel it, so I make a point of going to have a bath to watch it kick me. Im more concerned about when it feels like its having seizures .. maybe its just kicking and punching me on both sides really fast telling me to yell and the dog to be quite ahah

I have an anterior placenta and Otter is still breech at this point. I feel kicks down low, below my bump and on top of my cervix, but not many. Every once in a while, he will give me a few good kicks, but not often. I certainly don't feel them as much as what other ladies describe!

And I can almost never feel them from the outside. Have only felt a few. OH has only been able to feel him kicking once. :( Blaming that all on the anterior placenta. :hissy:

I get the seizure feeling too.... haven't even thought anything about it, I just laugh and hold onto my belly!! Hope it isn't anything bad! LOL...

Well as long as someone else knows what I am talking about makes me feel alot better! I hope that it isnt anything bad either! next baby it better be a placenta in the back not the front that way my pictures will be clearer and I can feel more movements.. I will just assume that I am just paranoid and talk to my doctor about it when i go and see him in 2 weeks

I had anterior too, and I didn't really feel baby moving definitively for a LONG time. I'd feel little flutters and "bubbles" but it could've been written off as gas. And then after about Week 20 I'd feel her move, but could never prove it to anyone else, of course.

Then around Week 30 there was an explosion of movement - I could see what I assumed were feet or elbows sticking out, making my belly look all lopsided, and especially after meals my husband and I would watch my belly for the "after-dinner show" - she'd be kicking around so much my stomach looked like a waterbed or something. It was really neat to finally have my husband feel her, I think it surprised him (like, hey, there's really a baby in there!).

Now I'm at Week 40 and for the past two or three weeks activity has definitely slowed down - I think she's just out of room. I still feel her move but it's mostly a turn or stretch and sometimes her butt or back or something is sticking out. And of course the hiccups come occasionally too. She's already head down in the birth canal but there's one area on my side where her foot sticks out sometimes, it's really cute, until she gives me a good wallop in the ribs.

Ah, the joys of the seizure feeling! I only found out last week that I have an anterior placenta when baby 'stopped moving' and I had to go into hospital and be monitored. All along I've felt him move at the top and bottom of my bump, and on my right hand side where he lies and just assumed this was normal but it turns out that normally I'd feel him in the middle too, if it weren't for the placenta, and on this particular day he'd moved and so all his movements were being cushioned.

If I lie in bed it sometimes feels like someones jumping/walking on the bed with me and then I realise its the baby inside of me doing that!

At 30 weeks your baby should be big enough to kick and tumble and you feel it through the placenta...If you have really quiet days where you feel nothing get it checked just incase.

thanks for not reading and running! haha
I hope I get some answers I feel that I am just being paranoid but It is helpful to hear others stories

no no no not paranoid. Read some of the sticky threads on fetal movement on the top of the forum here. Better just have it checked and Doctor will know. :)

I have anterior too... on the left of my belly button.
I feel nothing in this area but feel movement all around the placenta.

OH knows that he'll only feel anything on the right of my bump, but that works for usas he sleeps on my right and therefore baby movements are close to him!

I hope these posts have helped.. there are many of us with the same worries!
oh and the tensing up thing? it could be baby... I know that our little one jumps when OH sneezes!!!! (always told him he was loud! ;))

The barking could be making the baby jump as they are sensitive to sound now.

Not sure regarding how it feels with an anterior placenta - best person to ask is your midwife - she'll be able to tell you whether 'seeing' movements is enough xx

I can relate to the siezure thing too, and also the movements on both sides at same time - like she's bumming me and hitting me and having a stretch and i'm anterior too.
I'm also getting the hiccups and it reverberates like a pulse all over and my lady parts and it feels so freaky!
I dont really feel kicks as such but i get sore bruised feelings where her feet are - I do feel hits low down though and when lying on my left she drums on the bed!

Mine also reacts to my cats mewing but wont to my voice. i put it down to her liking the cats voices and mine just seeming too boring and familiar now!

thank you ladies so much.. its so reassuring to hear that other people are going through the same things!!.. I have noticed when I lay down on the bed on my left side it kicks the bed too! so that is what I do to make myself feel better aside from the baths to watch it move!.. Im getting excited only 9 weeks to go :)

My LO is not that active either. But, I can definitely feel him moving and kicking at specific times of the day. Lately, he's been moving a lot after meals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->