Fetal pole.....no heartbeat....scared

Raiders09

Reaction score
After 8 years finally it's a miracle that I got pregnant.....my hcg is 17000. My doc says I'm 5w6d....
My first ultrasound we saw the sac and after 2 weeks today we saw the baby but not heartbeat...
I'm soooo frustrated and scared....

I really want this baby....
My husband was soooo sad and heartbroken.....i told him baby everything will be good....

I'm just praying and telling my little angel to be strong.....
We love her saw much n really want her in our lifes....
Please share your experience......
Is it normal not to see the heartbeat at this stage....

ondjIP6hSD19D7blNg4Kvg265dZmyqQJ_lg.jpg

Very normal not to see heart beat at this stage hun, congratulations xx

I just went in and thought I was 6+1 . The scan dated me "between 5-6 weeks" only a yolk sac was seen. I was so upset I prepared for the worst. When I went back a week later we saw a little nugget measuring 6+2 with a heart rate of 122 bpm !! So much change happens within only a few days at this point so I would say it is entirely normal !

5wk 6 days way too early for HB. The earliest u can see HB is 6.5 wk. some women don't see it until 7.5 wks.
Good luck, I know it's hard but try not to worry. They say stress is one of the worst things for a pregnant woman

this is why my OB tries not to give a first US until 7 - 9 weeks because any earlier can seriously cause undo stress and concern. Just sit tight and know that everything is very likely progressing normally and at the correct pace and that you're going to be cuddling a gorgeous bundle of love in just a few short months :)

A heartbeat can actually be detected as early as 5+4 (not over 6)- but it doesn't mean you will see anything that early. I knew my dates exactly and went in at 5+4 and they only saw a gestational sac (no yolk or anything)....it wasn't a good sign as the dr said that possibly my dates were off and I wasn't as far along as I thought (but I knew I was as I knew when I ovulated) Anyway, I went back at 6+2 and there was a heartbeat. So please don't freak out. With my next I waited til 8 weeks to get a scan because it wasnt until 7.5 weeks that dd1 actually starting measuring to the correct date. Those early scans can really make you panic, but honestly you won't really know anything for another week+.

Stranjegirl- that's not correct...early heartbeat (anything UNDER 6 wks) is attributed to miscalculation of ovulation/conception date... The heart may be just starting to beat at the very end of 5wks but it's not detectable at that point. As nerdy said that is the reason a doctor will generally not even look until 6-7 wks. Even at 7wks some women just begin seeing fetal HB.
Raiders- don't worry, I assure u not seeing a heartbeat that early is the norm :)

With hcg of 17000 you should be able to see heartbeat and if fetal pole is over 5mm they defo should be heartbeat sorry hun hope it all turns out okay x

Early scans are a terrible idea. I had an early scan at what I thought was 6.1 but they said was 5.4 from scan. They told me that the heartrate was too low but that it could be because it's only just started beating. but obviously i presumed the worst and had the worst week of my life stressing out about it and all was fine when I went back a week later xx Don't panic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->