Few Babywearing qs!

fantastica

Mum.
Reaction score
Just got a few qs!!

This sounds so stupid but...what do you dress LO in when babywearing? I keep worrying he's going to be too cold :(

And...what age did you carry on wearing LO on your front? I can't quite work out the back carrier on my own yet, but he feels a bit big on my front!

also...:dohh: how do you do the back carrier when you're out?! I can only manage it from having LO on a bed...so don't know how I'd do it if we went out somewhere??

One more...:blush:...when I attatch the carrier (it's a connecta) it always alooks a bit low..how can I make it go a little higher up? It's a bit uncomfortable the way I have it!!

I worry that Leyla's going to be too warm! She seems to get an awful lot of my body heat. We went shopping in town for a few hours the other day - she started off in tights, trousers, a long sleeved vest and a thick cardie. By the end, she was just in tights, trousers and vest and we both had a sweaty chest! To make it easier, I always try to have a fleecy blanket in my bag that I can wrap around the whole carrier and tuck in the side for if it gets colder. No need to take her out of the carrier then. Oh and I make sure she has a hat and bring gloves. I always put her in tights under her trousers because her trousers tend to ride up.

I've just got a connecta and have been putting it on my back while sitting on the sofa - I sit her up in the carrier in the corner (she can't quite stay upright on her own yet) then sit in front of her and put it on. I haven't put it on my own when out yet, but I think as long as I was somewhere I could sit down and she could manage to sit upright, like one of those starbucks armchairs, we would manage. With a bigger baby who can sit upright on their own, I would think that any chair would be ok? To make baby higher, I think you just need to do the straps tighter. I do that by pulling the straps away from my body and jumping around a bit, then shorten them.

i looked on youtube for how to back carry, takes a bit of practice but we got there,
i still mainly front carry tho x

Back carry takes a bit of practice, but once you get the hang if it, it's easy peasy. I sit Dexter on my hip, (for this example we'll say left hip) then I'll put my left arm round to the front of him and slide him round onto my back, leaning well forward so my back is flat. Then I can easily flip up the carrier (I use a babyhawk) and once I've got a grip of the straps, he's secure so I can stand up straight again while I tie them up.

Clothing-wise, I dress him like normal, but with his babylegs/wooly leggings on underneath his trousers, as they tend to ride up.

I dress him normally and put him in a pramsuit type thing but it's only his legs that get cold so I always make sure they've got layers.

I find harry gets too hot lately in it, ive had him in a short sleeve vest, tshirt, trousers and all in one coat but he has got really hot sweaty and grumpy lately so think im going to lose the all in one coat and get some babylegs type things instead =]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->