Few quick qs pls ladies!

mummy_mi

~*Mum to Chloe*~
Reaction score
Hello again,

well some mothercare smart nappies have arrived yay (I'll be ordering some Bumgenius' as soon as she gets bigger, only 4lb 7oz atm!).

Firstly anyone with any experiences with smart nappies? I just wanted something that would fit so I could get started!

Also, how often do you wash the outer wraps, only if they get dirty or every day, couple of days?

Do you use those paper liners to catch the solids?

Do ppl mostly use a 40 or 60 degree wash? And is it just a little non bio and no fabric softener, or do you use a special nappy wash formula? And is it a definate no no on using nappy cream, is there any other alternative is she gets a little sore?

That's probably about it for now, as soon as my pail and some tea tree oil arrives I'll be good to start using, oh and my washable wipes should be here soon!

I'll be dry pailing and any other tips you may have then please share!

Cloth bummed Chloe will soon be here!

aw bless her 4 lb 7

i donr use the smart nappies but i use some tots bots with outers and when i change him i change the wrap too and out it for washing, i was on a 60 degree wash with a bit of non bio i dont use any special nappy stuff tbh i think its a waste of money, ive had no problems with staining even on the worst teething poos, its rare archie gets sore but if he does i use lots of nappy off time and i have put a thin layer of sudocrem on with no negative effects on the absorbancy of the nappy

hth x

awww she's teeny! Bless.

I change the wrap as soon as it gets dirty or every 2nd/ maybe 3rd change and then wash them. I do use liners if i'm expecting a poop as it makes clean up process sooo much easier!

I wash my nappies at 30 and then after a few washes i'll do a full load on a hot wash, 60 ish. Yupp about a quarter of the detergnet you would normally use and no softener. You can use a drop of white vinegar instead of fabric softener if required.

if i'm using smart nappies i usually have two wraps on rotation, so i'd use wrap number one then wrap no two then wrap number one etc etc as it usually gives them a chance to dry out and stop them getting too smelly:)

i would usually use them a maximum of 3 times before washing wraps if they didnt get dirty:)

i dont use liners unless i am expecting a massive blowout :sick: smart nappies are a great starting point :) hope you like them :D

i can't comment on smart nappies but i thought i'd let you know the fill your pants have the organic bumgenius on 3 for 2 at the mo.

as for wraps in general (i use bamboozles and motherease nappies) i normally have two on the go, one being worn the other being aired.

Ohh thanks for all the help ladies and for the heads up on Bumgenius, I'm still not sure whether to go for the AIO or the pocket ones, so I'm sure I'll be posting for help on deciding between them soon!!

And yes she is tiny, 2lb 8 when born, so she's getting there!

xx

awww she sounds like a little soldier!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"