FFS ~Help with ebay complaint plz

Jkelmum

Reaction score
Well from a previous thread i won this pram on ebay
https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110470232258&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
It states its with raincover

so it came today and had to be repacked by dhl and theres no raincover and it stinks :sick: so ive taken it all apart and washed it ..the frame had crusty gunk on it :sick: now all that i can cope with as i arranged courier for day after i won it maybe they didnt have time and its nothing that cant be resolved but in this weather having no raincover takes the piss there was ones without raincovers so i didnt bid on them bcos i didnt want hassle of finding a raincover ect ...anyhow i email and say it states with raincover did you send it or didnt it come with one now i get this reply

Hi,

Really sorry about that - didn't notice it. It's in the automatic listing that eBay gives you - we didn't even have one for it otherwise we would send you it. Really sorry - I should have read the automatic posting properly. Hope you were happy with everything else!
Cheers,
Mark
Can anybody help me with a reply ? Raincovers are £12.50 including postage of ebay am i right for him to refund some of this as it states with raincover and there isnt one ? ...also he says its automatic but i know it isnt u have to click for what your pram has with it so whoever listed it must of clicked it :growlmad:

I would state that if i had known it was without a raincover i would not have bidded, and if i had i would not have bidded so high!!!
So either they want you to go through ebay for falsely advertising it. Or they refund you at least £10 due to you now having to buy a raincover that it stated it came with.
What did it say the condition was, cos i would also mention that you have had to take it apart and clean it as it was disgusting!!

i dont know hunni,
but who the eck sends someone a riffy pushchair ewwwww, i cant stand any kind of yuck near prams.

i'd be inclined to send the chuffer back

x

p.s if it states raincover then she should provide a raincover

Its too much hassle to send back cos its normally at the buyers cost and as i payed 14.99 for it to come then 14:99 for it to go bk thats £30 i would be out of pocket ...all covers have been in washer smell lovely and clean now and the frame as been scrubbed now it looks like a new pram :) so I think i just wanna word it right so i can get my raincover refunded ...also cant open a case for 10 days after auction closed but will be doing so if they dont offer a part refund of some sort ...i would be mortified if i had stated it had something then hadnt and would of offered the cost of one as refund no questions asked

yeah, id do a paypal dispute - item not as described. Good luck! x

id email them saying it wasnt an atomatic listing (if your sure, i dont know about thoses things) and say its misleading so you want some money back and mention it wasnt really accetable to send it in the condition they did causing you extra work
yuk is all i can say about pushing a child abount in gunk

i had a simmilar problem, i bought a bundle of clothes and three out of 10 outfits werent there as they had given them to a friend luckily they refunded half the money

hope you get your money back and get a rain cover

ps have you tried contacting the makers of the pram to see what there prices for rain covers are as gracco gave me one for £5.99 when mine ripped and it was 2nd hand

they would've had to click a box to say the rain cover was included so definately ask for a part refund to cover the cost of one.

Lovely pushchair i have the same one for my son but obviously not in pink lol

They have advertised falsely by insinuating that the rain cover was included,all the other ads without rain covers have managed to advertise correctly.Sounds like they could be trying to pull a fast one.Id definately ask them for a partial refund to pay towards getting a raincover.Otherwise say you will have to report them to Ebay for false advertising.

yeh theyve said it was there and wasnt, just say to them ur wanting 12,50 so u can buy a cover as u said there was one and clearly there isnt, item not as decribed ! x hope u get it sorted x

As I have listed prams in the past I know its not on the auto listing and that you have to click to say it as one ...I am not happy as i wouldnt of bid on it if i had known as now in middle of winter i have pram with no raincover..and my max bid would would of been lower if i had bid at all ...many prams i liked didnt have raincovers so i didnt bid ..dont really need this hassle ...if i complain to ebay they will suggest partial refund or i return it but returning it is more hassle then its worth
just sent this he is open to take it how he wants but ebay will not open s disbute for ten days :dohh:

It isn't an auto listing! Even if you list a car and put the reg in it doesn't auto-fill the details. Sounds like he clicked rain cover by mistake and is trying to pull a fast one! I think £12.50 would be fair, hope you get it xx

It isn't an auto listing! Even if you list a car and put the reg in it doesn't auto-fill the details. Sounds like he clicked rain cover by mistake and is trying to pull a fast one! I think £12.50 would be fair, hope you get it xx

On a car it does partitally auto fill but you can edit these details anyway! On prams i very much doubt it autofills there just trying to pull a fast one. I think what you have sent them should resolve your issue with a partial refund!

Ask for a partial refund, ie enough to cover the cost of a new raincover. If he says no then leave neg feedback and 1 star.

There is no point opening a SNAD dispute as you will have to send it back to get your money back.

Also chick, you have washed the seat cover so it now means its not in the same condition that they sent it to you, so you may lose teh dispute.

Rock and a hard place.

V xxx

Grrr i refuse to buy things on ebay now cause of this! it really annoys me!! sound deffo like he was just trying to pull a fast one! also who sends something out in a disgusting dirty smelly condition? he should definately refund the cost of a rain cover... or surely ur within ur rights to ask for a refund and for him to pay to have it returned or say he has to collect it! he was the stupid idiot to lie, why should u be outa pocket? :hugs: hun! dont like the twit get away with it xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm gonna be contraversial here but I'm inclinded to believe it was a genuine mistake, the person has 102 feedback with no neutral or negative feedback. Give him/her some time to reply as it is christmas and be pleasant about it as you are more likely to get somewhere with a partial refund. If it was me I think half the cost of a new rain cover would be suitable as it is a second hand pram.

Hope you get it sorted eitherway. xx

I'm gonna be contraversial here but I'm inclinded to believe it was a genuine mistake, the person has 102 feedback with no neutral or negative feedback. Give him/her some time to reply as it is christmas and be pleasant about it as you are more likely to get somewhere with a partial refund. If it was me I think half the cost of a new rain cover would be suitable as it is a second hand pram.

Hope you get it sorted eitherway. xx

Yeah I see where you are coming from BUT the fact that he replied everytime straight away until i said i wasnt happy seems suss ..you do have to click to say it as raincover as i have sold a fair few prams so therefore his advert was misleading and least he can do it offer me a refund for the cost of a raincover bare in mind ive had to scrub this pushchair and put the seat unit in the washer so he wouldnt be getting postive even if there was a raincover he would of got netural ...now he will be gettin negative

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->