Fibroids - any advice?

B

baby.love

Hey girls

Anyone else here that has fibroids? I was told years ago that i have fibroids and i think this is the cause of my extremely heavy periods :cry:

I have read they can leave you infertile and am getting myself worked up..

So anyone had them and gone on to have them removed? or anyone else currently living with them?

HELP :cry:

No experience but didn't want to read and run. Maybe try posting over in the main TTC forum as well to get a wider range of responses. When were you were diagnosed with the fibroids? Did they mention at the time that they might cause fertility problems? I would request that they are checked out if you are worried.

I was diagnosed in my early twenties and had them removed.
I now have them again, much smaller this time, but the quantity is greater.

hi there, depends how big they are?
i have a fibroid which causes me uncomfortable periods but no other symptoms. my gyno said that fibroids are normal and lots of ladies have them. he said they shouldn't cause any probs with falling pregnant as the egg will just find somewhere else in the uterus to plant itself if it is fertilised. best wishes

I was diagnosed with fibroids last year. One encompassing my entire uterus, making my uterus "unusually" large in size, and another by my cervix (also outside the uterus). My GYN told me the pros and cons of removing them. Removing them would leave scar tissue on the uterus making it difficult to get pregnant. I decided to leave them. Fast forward a year and I am now 11 weeks pregnant. Not looking forward to how these fibroids are going to affect my pregnancy. I am aware that due to the fibroid by the cervix, I might have to do a C-Section. No cramping or bleeding yet but I know it's still early. Which trimester or month of pregnancy is that more common? Appreciate the help...I'm scared...

hi butterfly congratulations on your pg.
I don't know anything about what happens with fibroids after PG perhaps there are other threads on the Pregnancy section which may help. Best wishes

Hi ladies!! I too have fibroids. I had my first one removed when I was 20 bc it was the size of a grapefruit! In the process I had to have one of my ovarys and one of my tubes removed as well. Four months later I got pregnant and now have a beautiful 18 month old DD. My pregnancy was blissful. I now have another one but it's minor so I'm not having it removed. Im hoping for another baby soon as well! Stay positive, fibroids are very common and you WILL still get pregnant!!!!

I know loads of people with fibroids, including my mother who never had them removed and went on to have 4 healthy pregnancies.

There are several factors including the size and location of the fibroids which may affect things for you but the best person to speak to is definitely a doctor who if sympathetic should be able to discuss how your specific fibroids might affect your chances of having a healthy pregnancy.

I was diagnosed with Fibroids in 2009 but they were subserous (subserosal) - i.e. outside the womb. This usually does not cause heavy periods and the other things associated with fibroids but I am quite small and they were the size of tennis balls so they were sticking out all over the place and pressing on my bladder and various nerves and causing other pain and discomfort and so on so I had them removed this January. The surgeon told me beforehand that if the fibroids were attached to my tube he would not remove them because it would mean I would reduce my chances of ever having a child if one of my tubes had to be removed with the fibroids.

Anyway, I hope you get the information you need and good luck with it all

I have a fibroid and it's been there my whole life (according to the consultant I saw in May)

Sadly in the past 4 months I have had a M/C and chemical pregnancy, but fibroids have not been pointed out a cause.

At least I know if I lose another pregnancy where I suspect the issue lies but I was told repeatedily that the fibroid was not a cause of M/C.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->