fifty shades of grey

I'm a real book-nut. I tend to have at least 3 or 4 books on the go at any one time and will read most things.

I think that it sold a lot of copies based on the hype surrounding it - i bought them because i wanted to know what all the fuss was about and i didn't have anything else to read at the time.

I have to confess that i did enjoy reading them. I would say i preferred the 2nd book out of all of them.
I agree though that they weren't exactly well written - it did seem as though a fairly young person had written them rather than a mature adult. The sex did get a bit boring after a while and i was glad that it wasn't as frequent in the 2nd and 3rd books. OH got to enjoy the fruits of the book though as i was up for it slightly more frequently than usual lol.
I will more than likely read them again - i've lent them to my sister at the moment so i'll have to wait for a while.

Realistic? I have no idea but tbh i'm not bothered as it didn't read it expecting some brilliant work of literacy. I read it for a bit of fun and to help myself wind down after a busy day etc. If i was expecting something amazing that i'd go for a classic rather than a chick-lit book! Yeah she's sold a lot of books but that doesn't actually make you a good writer - it means that your PR company works!

Bet your OH can't wait for your sister to get the books back to you then!! :rofl: xxx

I'm halfway through the second book and as others have said, it's sooo repetitive! But I am actually enjoying them when I find the time to read!

i loved them esp the 2nd book. I started to skip the sex bits also they got a bit boring i loved the relationship it was just a nice easy read

After reading all 3 books, i agree with the repetative bits! By book 3 i was starting to get slightly bored, there was a few twists which were good!
I hated the name for her lady garden 'my sex!' who the hell calls it my sex? That is not sexy at all to me so i had to change it in my head, and the way they comed together! Yeah ok cause that happens!

My DH also enjoyed me reading them because i was up for it more! loL!

I do miss reading them so ive bought the other book called Bared to you, aparently its better than 50 shades and sexyer so i cant wait for that to arrive!!

I've just completed the last one, so have read the trilogy. I couldn't put it down, however, I don't think it's the best thing in the world though. It got very repetitive, and the writer used some of the same phrases over, and over, and over again. 3/5

Started the third one. I liked the first and, as people have said, the second one was repetitive. But it is good for some new ideas, at least! :thumbup: :haha:

just finished reading them all and i loved it its not just about the sex parts which to me where not that bad its more how she frees him and he lets go off his demons and how he learns to love and love her, i do wish there was another book coming out.

i couldnt put the book down lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->