Finally decided on the perfect (boy) name, but then...

October2013

Mommy to a baby girl
Reaction score
We realized it rhymed with the baby's last name! :dohh: :hissy: ](*,)

Ugh so frustrating... We finally agree on a great name if it's a boy, and my bf has to ruin it with his last name! (just kidding, but seriously)

The meaning of the name is "from the marsh", which is great because my bf and I are both Florida natives, currently living in North Carolina.
It's also the last name of a well known military officer from Asheville, which is where we live, so we thought it could represent our time living here.

But sadly, we don't want to be those parents who give their kid a silly name.
So say goodbye to "Vance Nance", the name that never was. :-({|=

Awe lol...I can't help but giggle about the violin part lol

You will find an even better name..you"ll see ;)

Lol Vance Nance!

Separately, they are great names! Together it sounds like a disney character.

We decided (i decided) on my son's name on the way to the hospital and it was a name we hadn't thought of previously. You'll get there, though it is frustrating. I'll be going through it all over again if it's another boy :)

Wellllll if it were up to me, I'd have my boy name picked out already...

It would be "Owen Dustin" (Dustin is my deceased brother's name, and I just really like Owen). It really doesn't flow well, but I am pretty adamant about having "Dustin" as the middle name. It means a lot to me, and I'm sure my family would appreciate it.

My bf is fine with the middle name, but of COURSE he doesn't like "Owen Nance", or any other name I choose... :growlmad:

If it were up to him, the boy's name would be "Lysander". :shock: I don't think sooo....

Lysander? I never heard of that before...I don't even know if I'm pronouncing it right.

Owen Nance does flow pretty good tho.

Lysander? I never heard of that before...I don't even know if I'm pronouncing it right.

It's pronounced Lie-Sand-Er. I've never heard of it, either. Apparently it's a famous Libertarian, Lysander Spooner, I think...

I wish he liked Owen. :( But oh well, at least I've got dibs on the boy middle name (if it's even a boy lol).

sorry, had to LOL. sorry to hear though, what a bummer, finding a name is difficult let alone finding the perfect one then discovering its not so perfect. :wacko:You will find another surely, but your post gave me a laugh :)

Awe lol...I can't help but giggle about the violin part lol

You will find an even better name..you"ll see ;)

sorry, had to LOL. sorry to hear though, what a bummer, finding a name is difficult let alone finding the perfect one then discovering its not so perfect. :wacko:You will find another surely, but your post gave me a laugh :)

Lol it's a pretty silly situation. That violin guy cracks me up.

Well what ever you do...don't give in to a name just because your OH wants it...make sure it's a name you want just as much.

We are having that same problem...a name that I'm really drawn too...OH doesn't want to use and vice versa. although he does like a few names on my list but I haven't set my heart on any definite name yet that I know I would use. It really is hard picking a name! All I do know for certain is that we both have to love the name!!

Nawwww that's such a shame.

My dad has hinted a few times that we should name the baby after him. But I have to say, i am not mean enough to call our son Mark Park :rofl:

Nawwww that's such a shame.

My dad has hinted a few times that we should name the baby after him. But I have to say, i am not mean enough to call our son Mark Park :rofl:

HA! :rofl:

My sister suggested if it's a girl we name her "Nancy Nance". Coincidentally, Nancy is my mom's name.

Well what ever you do...don't give in to a name just because your OH wants it...make sure it's a name you want just as much.

We are having that same problem...a name that I'm really drawn too...OH doesn't want to use and vice versa. although he does like a few names on my list but I haven't set my heart on any definite name yet that I know I would use. It really is hard picking a name! All I do know for certain is that we both have to love the name!!

Oh most def. It's something we both need to like, no doubt.

Since you like the name Vance, any chance you like the name Vauhn? Another V name and sounds "manly" and doesn't rhyme with last name.

Since you like the name Vance, any chance you like the name Vauhn? Another V name and sounds "manly" and doesn't rhyme with last name.

Hey, that's not bad!

The reason we favored "Vance" was because of it's meaning and relation to where we live. I'll ask what he thinks of Vauhn, though!

You could always give him the middle name lance and run with it j/k. :haha:

You will find the perfect flowing name for your perfect little boy soon enough.

You could always give him the middle name lance and run with it j/k. :haha:

You will find the perfect flowing name for your perfect little boy soon enough.

We joked about that! And we said one day he'd own a clothing store called, "Vance Nance's Pants"!

It's pronounced Lie-Sand-Er. I've never heard of it, either. Apparently it's a famous Libertarian, Lysander Spooner, I think...

I wish he liked Owen. :( But oh well, at least I've got dibs on the boy middle name (if it's even a boy lol).

Lysander is also a character from A Midsummer Night's Dream (Shakespeare). I think it's nice.

:haha: i like luke and wayne BUT then said goodbye to those names....My last name is keen :rofl:

wayne-keane :rofl:

Oh this thread has made me laugh! It is bloomin hard work choosing a name especially a boys name! Our last name is Bunting so my friends used to joke about saying we should call our next baby Tri or Party :haha: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->