FINALLY got rid of that AWFUL cow (MIL)!

Thank you so much, everyone.

Well, we made it through the night (baby and I, Nick was at work from 6pm-6am) she never stopped by, but according to Nick this morning, she is stopping by tomorrow. Good luck with that, I'll call the cops on her crazy ass in a heartbeat, screw "how it hurts" Nick.

I was really upset last night (justifiably, if you ask me) and his dad called me - my father in law. While normally I try to keep our maritial troubles out of the family (they kind of like to talk) his dad came unglued...I guess he ripped Nick a new you-know-what, told Nick he needs to be a man and that I didn't deserve any of this, and if HE won't take care of his wife and unborn daughter, his father WOULD. Brian (Nick's dad) said that if this shit was allowed to continue, he'd disown his son and come pick me up and take me over there, to keep me safe from Nick's mother. Mind you, it should be noted, Brian (Nick's dad) and Yvonne (Nick's mother) are divorced...Brian woke up one night to find her standing over him with a BUTCHER KNIFE!!!!

Nick's relatives also called me this morning (all on his father's side, mind you) and said that Brian didn't specifiy WHAT was going on, but they offered places to stay, legal help, money if I needed it, and the good ole fashioned shoulder-to-cry-on. I asked them if they knew how bad it would hurt Nick if they helped keep me and baby away from him, they ALL said the same thing, "Too damn bad. He made his bed, you are in a compromised state, and are being unjustly subjected to his mother's insane behavior. Right now, YOU AND BABY are OUR priority, even if you're not Nick's."

Honestly ladies, I never thought it would come to this...I knew the bitch (Nick's mom) wasn't exactly "right" even when Nick and I were just dating, but never did the stories of her threatening to kill Brian come out, and she CERTAINLY never showed stalker tendencies.

Truth be told, I think that comment about how Nick and his mother deserve each other is spot on...I'm in Michigan, USA, where the courts find in favor of the mother 99.9% of the time; and I have enough (not including his family) people willing to help me find a DAMN good lawyer to protect MY rights and MY child's. The way I see it, Nick's actions along with his mothers, are causing him to LOSE right's to his child. At this point, I'm sort of seeing him as a sperm donor...Not a husband and CERTAINLY not a father; a FATHER doesn't risk his daughter or wife's health because his mommy DEMANDS he does it. THAT is not a man.

I am documenting everything; and will be more than happy to let the courts decide if that BOY deserves to see his daughter.

Get em...lol, Stay strong for you and baby...

Thank you so much, everyone.

Well, we made it through the night (baby and I, Nick was at work from 6pm-6am) she never stopped by, but according to Nick this morning, she is stopping by tomorrow. Good luck with that, I'll call the cops on her crazy ass in a heartbeat, screw "how it hurts" Nick.

I was really upset last night (justifiably, if you ask me) and his dad called me - my father in law. While normally I try to keep our maritial troubles out of the family (they kind of like to talk) his dad came unglued...I guess he ripped Nick a new you-know-what, told Nick he needs to be a man and that I didn't deserve any of this, and if HE won't take care of his wife and unborn daughter, his father WOULD. Brian (Nick's dad) said that if this shit was allowed to continue, he'd disown his son and come pick me up and take me over there, to keep me safe from Nick's mother. Mind you, it should be noted, Brian (Nick's dad) and Yvonne (Nick's mother) are divorced...Brian woke up one night to find her standing over him with a BUTCHER KNIFE!!!!

Nick's relatives also called me this morning (all on his father's side, mind you) and said that Brian didn't specifiy WHAT was going on, but they offered places to stay, legal help, money if I needed it, and the good ole fashioned shoulder-to-cry-on. I asked them if they knew how bad it would hurt Nick if they helped keep me and baby away from him, they ALL said the same thing, "Too damn bad. He made his bed, you are in a compromised state, and are being unjustly subjected to his mother's insane behavior. Right now, YOU AND BABY are OUR priority, even if you're not Nick's."

Honestly ladies, I never thought it would come to this...I knew the bitch (Nick's mom) wasn't exactly "right" even when Nick and I were just dating, but never did the stories of her threatening to kill Brian come out, and she CERTAINLY never showed stalker tendencies.

Truth be told, I think that comment about how Nick and his mother deserve each other is spot on...I'm in Michigan, USA, where the courts find in favor of the mother 99.9% of the time; and I have enough (not including his family) people willing to help me find a DAMN good lawyer to protect MY rights and MY child's. The way I see it, Nick's actions along with his mothers, are causing him to LOSE right's to his child. At this point, I'm sort of seeing him as a sperm donor...Not a husband and CERTAINLY not a father; a FATHER doesn't risk his daughter or wife's health because his mommy DEMANDS he does it. THAT is not a man.

I am documenting everything; and will be more than happy to let the courts decide if that BOY deserves to see his daughter.

The fact she stood over her ex husband's bed with a butcher knife is enough proof that she can't be trusted and she's a nutcase. I would NEVER trust her around my kid, EVER, no matter who says what. If that fact was brought up in court I'm sure the judge would agree she's not stable and shouldn't be around the baby. I like how it would upset and really hurt your husband if someone in the family took you and your baby in, but he tells you he'll divorce you if you don't talk to his mom. It's like, if he truly wanted you and your baby, he wouldn't be putting you through this. He would be telling his mom to stop her shit and cut her out of your lives for good. I understand she's his mom and she brought him into this world but cmon, if she really loved him she'd care about his happiness and would WANT to see her Grandchild grow up. I don't know how any Grandparent can be like that. I think you're doing the right thing. I'd document everything and take it to court with you. I know it's a lot of crap to go through especially now, but maybe wait until you have your baby girl so you don't have to worry about putting too much stress on yourself and your baby. Oh, and if you really do plan on calling the cops on her if she does come to your door, make sure to have a letter from your doctor stating that you're high risk and you cannot be under any stress. That way the cops don't just assume it's normal family problems or the typical mother and daughter in law arguments.

I'm glad you're getting the support you need from his family. From what you've said about him (Nick), he sounds pretty mentally abusive towards you. Why does he keep threatening divorce? That's some really hurtful shit. You do not need that, especially not while you're pregnant and have had health difficulties in the past. He doesn't realise that you and the baby are his family now, not his mother. Protect yourself; protect your LO:flower:

Well, hopefully this will be a FINAL final update;

It came to a head tonight...Nick called his mother, told her that if she came over, whether he was here or not with me, he'd call the cops on her. That he had politely asked her to respect our space and give us time.

I guess she totally threw a fit (saw this coming) and told Nick that marrying me was the worst mistake he ever made, she knew he'd do this if we got pregnant so she PRAYED for our fertility issues to continue, that if he DID divorce me it'd be the BEST thing he ever did in his life and it went on and on...He told her that he'd file a restraining order against her if she insisted on keeping contact. I was SO proud of him!

Nick is NOT taking it well. While YES, I should be happy and/or relieved, I DO still love my husband. He FINALLY saw her for what she is, a nasty lying snake in the grass, and told her off. But man is he hurting...

Frankly, I don't think it should've taken 3 1/2 years for him to do this, but it has. I can only hope now that whatever is left of our marriage/relationship/friendship (it's in shambles over all of this) can be salvaged...Honestly, having her removed from the equation will PROBABLY do wonders.

I don't know...is it wrong of me to hope that this FIXES things, and that I DON'T want to do a divorce from a man I PLAINLY love? (I must if I put up with all of this THIS long)

My future MIL is similar to yours but not quite as horrendous. I believe we've spoke before and I told you I was able to convince OH to move away with me. He also didn't take it well when he finally had to leave her and it caused a lot of issues for us but we worked through them and are now closer than ever.

I think he loves you too and I would imagine there is hope for your marriage still, but his mother is his mother and he probably feels he should be loyal to her. While it seems so natural to us to abandon her and take responsibility for his family I would imagine its quite hard to do that.

I pray that things get better quickly for you. Try to be there for him during this time of hurt over the "loss" of his mom and keep telling him that you are so proud. That's what I did and he eventually got over it. I told him how much it meant to me and how I knew it meant he was going to be a great father and it worked.

Good luck Hun.

Wow, there's a lot going on for you at the moment. With a bit of hard work it sounds like you'll manage to salvage your relationship. Anyone would be delighted to get rid of a poisonous bitch like that, so of course it's not wrong to hope it's fixed things.

I believe part if his sadness cones from the fact he knew she was this way and he was trying to fix her or give her the benefit of doubt, becuz she is mom. It will take time, but happy wife, happy life... When he holds his dd in his arms all that will fade. Good luck to you :)

I believe part if his sadness cones from the fact he knew she was this way and he was trying to fix her or give her the benefit of doubt, becuz she is mom. It will take time, but happy wife, happy life... When he holds his dd in his arms all that will fade. Good luck to you :)

Coming from someone who was let down by a parent, my father, I can say it is very difficult when you finally make that decision to cut them out of your life. My situation was completely different, his mother sounds like she has severe mental problems whereas my dad handled a bad situation the wrong way, but it still took years of emotional abuse towards me for it to finally be clear.

My story has a happy-ish ending, he did end up apologizing for everything after a few years of no-contact. Fate would have it that he would pass away just a year later, but I do cherish that time when all was forgiven :)

I hope the same works out for your husband, though based on what you've written that probably won't happen without her getting some sort of medical help.

As for your marriage, I think it is wonderful that you want to work things out with him. He is moving in the right direction, the best thing you can do is continue to show your support to him for his decision. I remember going through a sort of mourning stage, I was very sad for a while but it did pass. Helping him to focus on the good things, your daughter, your love for him, etc, will help tremendously. Your feelings of relief are completely justified, this woman has put you through hell...your husband will feel the relief too eventually.

I hope things only continue to improve for you, your husband, and your sweet daughter on the way :)

Oh my word she sounds like an awful woman!!! Id have told her to eff off a long time ago

she definately sounds like she has mental health problems. its just not normal behavior. the bad news is you cant force anyone to get help for themselves, they have to make that decisuon for themselves. please be safe hun, im kinda worried about your safety, maybe go sonewhere she doesnt know, and surround yourself with people. good luck:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->