Finally ready to share this.....

I feel privileged that you shared your touching story. Sleep sweetly sweet Angel.

Sending you all my love and support through this very hard time :hugs: xxxxxx

so sorry for your loss and bug :hugs: to your and your oh and big floaty kisses to angel xx

I just cried reading your story. So sorry for your loss. Big hugs to you and kisses to Angel xx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

are stories are so simialar as I too went thru this on Jan 18 we were 4 days shy of being 17 wks and having a scan to find the gender of our lil Angel. The ultrasound tech started the scan as she tried to look for the gender we realized she was having a hard time (baby was turned away) so she looked at us and said " I'm gonna go get candy and see if we can get the baby to move" and told me to lay on my side. The most horrible feeling came over me and I looked at my husband and told him "there isnt a heartbeat" he said "yes there is I just saw it moving" . As soon as he finished his sentence the tech walked back in pale as ghost and started the scan again this time measuring the baby. I looked at her and said "no candy huh" she said "no I couldn't find any " right then I knew and asked a question I pray I never have to ask again "There isnt a heartbeat is there" she looked at me with tears in her eyes and shuck her head no..... it hit me like a ton of bricks as my husband held me in his arms and cryed with me my nurse and doctor walked in just as much in shock. My nurse Julie (who is an angel)could barely speak she followed be to the bathroom where she held me and rubbed my head as all the shock had made sick! She promised right then she would do everything to find out what happened. They scheduled me that following thursday for an dne and Julie promised she would stay with me thru the surgery and that they would make it where I didnt remember anything and that she did...That night my husband went home and all I can remember is sitting in the shower histarically crying as my husband set beside the shower telling me he was right there with me and it was gonna be ok.

My surgery was at 11am that morning and I just remember getting there and feeling like I dnt want to do this, maybe they made a mistake as I was already quite round and at 12 weeks we had had a scan and the baby had a strong heartbeat of 198 and was steadly moving. But they gave me meds to calm me down and then I fell asleep.... they did everything they promised I didnt remember anything after that point. The one thing I had asked Julie was if they could tell I really want to know what the baby was bc we had such and overwhelming feeling it was a girl.... unfortunetly they could not tell as the baby only measured about 12 1/2 wks. We requested all the chromosome tests on the baby to try and determine the cause. It was a decision im so glad we made... bc yesterday we finally got the phone call we were waiting for from Julie that the test showed exactly what we had thought we had made a LIL Girl (Faith)! We also find out that the baby had Down Syndrome and her lil heart just could not pump enough blood for her to carry on. As hard as this was to hear it was somewhat comforting to know she was in no pain and we had an explanation which I know alot of people dnt get.... we have been reassured that this was nothing we caused and we are perfectly able to try and have a healthly baby and will began trying after our first cycle.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

are stories are so simialar as I too went thru this on Jan 18 we were 4 days shy of being 17 wks and having a scan to find the gender of our lil Angel. The ultrasound tech started the scan as she tried to look for the gender we realized she was having a hard time (baby was turned away) so she looked at us and said " I'm gonna go get candy and see if we can get the baby to move" and told me to lay on my side. The most horrible feeling came over me and I looked at my husband and told him "there isnt a heartbeat" he said "yes there is I just saw it moving" . As soon as he finished his sentence the tech walked back in pale as ghost and started the scan again this time measuring the baby. I looked at her and said "no candy huh" she said "no I couldn't find any " right then I knew and asked a question I pray I never have to ask again "There isnt a heartbeat is there" she looked at me with tears in her eyes and shuck her head no..... it hit me like a ton of bricks as my husband held me in his arms and cryed with me my nurse and doctor walked in just as much in shock. My nurse Julie (who is an angel)could barely speak she followed be to the bathroom where she held me and rubbed my head as all the shock had made sick! She promised right then she would do everything to find out what happened. They scheduled me that following thursday for an dne and Julie promised she would stay with me thru the surgery and that they would make it where I didnt remember anything and that she did...That night my husband went home and all I can remember is sitting in the shower histarically crying as my husband set beside the shower telling me he was right there with me and it was gonna be ok.

My surgery was at 11am that morning and I just remember getting there and feeling like I dnt want to do this, maybe they made a mistake as I was already quite round and at 12 weeks we had had a scan and the baby had a strong heartbeat of 198 and was steadly moving. But they gave me meds to calm me down and then I fell asleep.... they did everything they promised I didnt remember anything after that point. The one thing I had asked Julie was if they could tell I really want to know what the baby was bc we had such and overwhelming feeling it was a girl.... unfortunetly they could not tell as the baby only measured about 12 1/2 wks. We requested all the chromosome tests on the baby to try and determine the cause. It was a decision im so glad we made... bc yesterday we finally got the phone call we were waiting for from Julie that the test showed exactly what we had thought we had made a LIL Girl (Faith)! We also find out that the baby had Down Syndrome and her lil heart just could not pump enough blood for her to carry on. As hard as this was to hear it was somewhat comforting to know she was in no pain and we had an explanation which I know alot of people dnt get.... we have been reassured that this was nothing we caused and we are perfectly able to try and have a healthly baby and will began trying after our first cycle.

Thank you for your reply. I so sorry that you lost your little girl. x:hugs:

So sorry for the loss of your darling daughter (((hugs)).

I am so so so sorry for your loss. I have a similar situation and know how you feel. :cry:

We found out at 9 weeks pregnant i was a carrier of cystic fibrosis. Then we found out my husband was 2. Finally we learned at 13 weeks our child had cystic fibrosis. The baby had the most severe case of cystic fibrosis (they said they know this because of the types of carriers we are) the doctor said our child would suffer, spend most of his/her life in the hospital and die at an early age.

My husband was the one who had to come home and tell me about all of this. He came in crying and I just knew. I started screaming "your a lier, no no no" I couldn't stop. I didn't want to believe it. We cried for what seemed like 4ever and then we had to make a decision. Do we have our baby and watch them suffer and die at an early age or do we end it. We ended it at 14 weeks. That was not only physically painful but emotionally I do not know how and when I am going to feel ok. I want my baby back! I know they would have been so sick and so I know we did the correct thing but I just dont know what to do with myself.

I am never hungry, i feel empty and alone even tho my husband is so supportive.

Doctors have told me that with IVF this could have all been avoided if we knew before I was pregnant. Why do doctors not test you be4 you are pregnant? We will do IVF for our next child but I just want to know when the pain is going to end?

I am so so so sorry for your loss. I have a similar situation and know how you feel. :cry:

We found out at 9 weeks pregnant i was a carrier of cystic fibrosis. Then we found out my husband was 2. Finally we learned at 13 weeks our child had cystic fibrosis. The baby had the most severe case of cystic fibrosis (they said they know this because of the types of carriers we are) the doctor said our child would suffer, spend most of his/her life in the hospital and die at an early age.

My husband was the one who had to come home and tell me about all of this. He came in crying and I just knew. I started screaming "your a lier, no no no" I couldn't stop. I didn't want to believe it. We cried for what seemed like 4ever and then we had to make a decision. Do we have our baby and watch them suffer and die at an early age or do we end it. We ended it at 14 weeks. That was not only physically painful but emotionally I do not know how and when I am going to feel ok. I want my baby back! I know they would have been so sick and so I know we did the correct thing but I just dont know what to do with myself.

I am never hungry, i feel empty and alone even tho my husband is so supportive.

Doctors have told me that with IVF this could have all been avoided if we knew before I was pregnant. Why do doctors not test you be4 you are pregnant? We will do IVF for our next child but I just want to know when the pain is going to end?

I'm so sorry for your loss. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->