Finally success after 5 years unexplained infertility

Honestly my husband and nanny are saints. My husband comes home early from work on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday every week and my nanny stays later on Tuesdays and Thursdays. My hubby makes everyone dinner, bathes the kids. He's basically their mom and dad right now. I spent time with them when I can but being on bed rest has made it really hard.

That sounds fantastic, glad you have a wonderful support system to help.

I’m feeling a little better about it all emotionally. For now. I haven’t had anymore bleeding at all, not even brown spotting, and the baby is very easy to hear on the doppler. He sounds so so strong this morning. I still have a little over a week until my ultrasound but I’m trying to be strong and not stress. I’ve lofted the bedrest a little bit. I’m still not picking up the kiddos if I can avoid it and I’m not going on a shopping spree where I’m standing for hours but I’m not stressing out every time I have to get. Up to go to the bathroom or make something to eat.

In other news I don’t have any nausea or vomiting but I only seem to want junk food. It is terrible. I don’t even know what to say. Anytime o think of eating anything healthy the thought makes me want to get sick. But chips, candy, ice cream, you name it I can eat no problem. It’s frustrating but I’m trying to be kind to myself and not put too much pressure.

I had my NT scan and everything is looking great. Baby is fabulous and measuring 4 days ahead. My chances of down syndrome or/or trisomy 13 are extremely low. They didn't check my placenta in depth like I thought they would and were supposed to but he did say from what he saw from the non detailed over the belly ultrasound that he's not seeing that it's over the cervix anymore. I'm really hoping he's right but I would have liked for them to actually check. I've emailed my OB and asked her if she could do an ultrasound to check because 1. I WANT TO HAVE SEX- we haven't since the transfer per the IVF doctors recommendation, and 2. I need to get back to normal activity with my kids and get off this damn modified bedrest. I am just so sick of it and if it is no longer covering the cervix I want to know.

Am I insane?

Ash, I’m glad that baby is doing so well and his hb is strong!! I don’t think you are insane at all!! I had a partial previa for about 14 weeks, It drove me nuts!!! Hang in there!! I hope they check you better at your next ultrasound and you’re in the clear!!

Well, I heard from the doctor on Thursday evening and she said that as long as I haven't had another bleed episode she is totally ok with me coming off of modified bedrest, having sex, and picking up my babies every now and then. She did say it doesn't seem like the placenta is an issue although it is still low lying but not over the cervix. I am over the moon as you can imagine. I feel normal again. I've had a cup of coffee and it is the best thing I've tasted in a long time and I'm starting to get more energy. Must be that I'm getting out of the first trimester? Don't get me wrong, I'm still in bed by 8pm, asleep by 9 but I just don't feel this burning desire to always be sleeping.

I had a checkup with my OB yesterday and things are looking great. Baby had a strong heartbeat and I'm already feeling him move around, especially at night when I'm laying in bed. My OB did mention that I "haven't gained much weight" but I'm trying not to worry about it. I have been eating, mostly junk, but only after the morning hours. I don't seem to get hungry in the morning. She was telling me it's really important that I eat though because I had GD in the past. It's just so hard when you're not hungry.

I have resumed normal activity and haven't had any bleeding so I'm going to take that as a good sign. I have an anatomy scan sometime in June and we'll know more about the placenta at that point.

Don’t worry about the weight. I gained none until well in 2nd tri with first. And the second I gained barely 17 lbs. as long as baby is growing and healthy that’s all that matters :)
I’m so glad things are progressing well. Have you announced the pregnancy yet?

Thanks Mo! Sometimes doctors can drive me nuts with all of their "should have" talk. It can be exhausting. She didn't make it seems like it was a dire situation but even mentioning it was just like ugh .... great. I will try not to worry. The baby has been growing like a weed so I think everything is probably fine.

I did announce it. I actually announced it at 6.5 weeks .... because I'm insane like that. Most of the people in my life know that I struggle with infertility and I'm really an open book about it all. I also decided that if I were to miscarry I would want a lot of support instead of dealing with it all on my own. :D My mom was actually visiting during my FET so she knew I was pregnant from like 3 weeks when I got my positive test :haha:

I'm not prepping a nursery for this baby since we plan on co-sleeping so I feel sort of ... blah. I'm excited don't get me wrong but I don't have much to plan. I've been trying to keep busy by organizing and cleaning the other areas of the house that need work. We just got an office desk yesterday and hubby assembled it last night, our bookshelf is coming soon, and I need to finish the little details in the spare room.

I also want to get a family mural put up on the walls in our living room but I haven't gotten around to it. Part of the problem is that I have so many pictures of our family that I love - we get professional pictures taken whenever we go on vacation plus a bunch that I've taken over the 19 months they've been with us and it's really hard to go through them and pick only my favorites. I'm really hoping to get around to it very soon though, hopefully before the new baby arrives.

I havent been on BnB for so long, randomly decided to pop in to and i se you are expcting number 3! Congratulations, and I am so glad it all worked out in one go for you this time :) Happy pregnancy!

Rmsh -thank you <3 We're so happy it happened "easy" for us this time, although I use the term easy very lightly in this context. :haha:

I had my anatomy scan yesterday morning and baby boy is doing amazing! They also performed a fetal echocardiogram since it's standard for an IVF pregnancy and everything is look great there too. My placenta has moved and is no longer low lying - funny little thing though, during the abdominal scan she said it was still low lying but not over the cervix but when she did the transvaginal ultrasound to confirm how low lying she found that it wasn't low lying at all. I'm incredibly happy about this because it means that I'm still able to plan on my VBAC as of right now. My doctor also tested me at 16 weeks for gestational diabetes since I had it during my last pregnancy and as of right now I don't have it which is another great thing for my VBAC plan. It's likely that I will get it later but at least I don't have it really early on this time. She said I could test at 28 weeks again to give more time in between the tests and see where everything is then. Even if I get it I know I'm likely to be able to control it with diet like last time so I'm not as stressed about it as I was last time.

I hope everyone else is doing great, I'm just trucking along now!

We're likely naming him Maxwell and I cannot wait to meet him!

Wow ok so it's been a month since I updated. Things are going great! The baby is perfect and very active, I'm having some severe constant back pain but I'm trying to work it out through heating pads, stretching, and just taking it as easy as possible. I can't believe today I'm 6 months pregnant, it's just insane and goes by so fast. I can't wait to meet him already.

I'm getting ready to make some plans for L and O's 2nd birthday which feels so weird to say. I can't believe they're almost two, it happens so fast. They're driving me a little nuts lately because they're really entering that terrible two stage. They're just so curious about everything and you can tell they have their own plans and when you disrupt those plans they get very angry. It will eventually get better is what I keep telling myself.

16 weeks to go until I get to meet this little love bug! And we're still on for a VBAC attempt. Woohoo!

Hey ash! Hope you’re doing well!! How’s baby boy? How are the twins??

Hey froggy! I&#8217;m doing ok. It&#8217;s getting harder and garder to keep up with L and O being 32 weeks pregnant but we&#8217;re sorting it out. I&#8217;ve decided to enroll them in part time daycare, twice per week for 3 hours each day. I think developmentally they want it and it&#8217;s perfect timing because I am so so tired and sore. They start on Monday. I&#8217;m a nervous wreck about it but I know it will be good for them. Baby boy is doing good! He&#8217;s measuring really big but they&#8217;ve tested me for GD twice and I don&#8217;t have it so we&#8217;re just assuming I make big babies. We can&#8217;t go off of my last pregnancy because now it was twins and so we can&#8217;t get an accurate picture of how big they would have been if they were singletons. It&#8217;s been a little stressful but my doctor is really good about not over exaggerating things or making me feel like my VBAC is at risk. We&#8217;re
Taking it two weeks at a time at this point. I have an appointment on Wednesday to check on his growth. We recently bought a house and are still I the process of moving in. Things are mostly taken care of but there are just small things I want to take care of before our housewarming and Lucy and Oliver&#8217;s birthday.

Wow! 32 weeks! Moving along!! Congrats on the House too!

Mo - yeah I can't believe it. It has gone by so slow on the daily but looking back it has flown by. I can't believe I'll be meeting with little squish in 2 months, maybe sooner if they decide to induce based on his size.

How are you doing?!

Mo - yeah I can't believe it. It has gone by so slow on the daily but looking back it has flown by. I can't believe I'll be meeting with little squish in 2 months, maybe sooner if they decide to induce based on his size.

How are you doing?!

Doing well! Boys are growing soo much. Two toddlers is crazy so I bet you are busy all the time. Thankfully I have some time off work during week to catch up on things. I could not imagine #3! Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->