Finding out the sex

Mrs_O

Reaction score
ok ladies. in the midst of taking my mind off TTC baby #2, I have found myself wondering what it would be like to not find out the sex of the baby should I be blessed with another.
DH and I have a son who is 3 and have kept most of his stuff. My SILs have plenty of girl items to hand over so I am not worried about having the right color clothes. I am mostly wondering from anyone what the experience was like for you. Mothers out there who have experienced both (finding out at the 20 week scan vs. finding out at birth) Which did you prefer??? I really wanted a boy the first go around and never could have made it without finding out. Now with the possibility of a second, we dont care which it is. My gut feeling says I will have another boy but I thought it might be fun to not find out early and let it be a surprise.

This is my third and I feel the same way. I found out with both of my girls but want to go for the surprise this time. My husband wants me to find out though, b/c he wants a boy so badly. I've just let it ride & now he is waiting for the surprise as well. I am very calm about it. The only downside is that I am having a hard time trying to think of names. It just seems a bit overwhelming trying to think of names for both sexes. It is really weird & others keep asking me over & over if I finally decided to find out. It seems like many think its strange to wait for the surprise. Especially family members.

Apparently it is a strange topic, seeing as you are the only reply. Thanks for that by the way! I figured there would be more moms out there with an opinion. I am trying to decide if I think I can actually go 40 weeks without knowing.

Your very welcome.I think it adds back some of the excitement that I felt in my first pregnancy. There is just not as much time to daydream about the baby when I am taking care of my girls all day. This adds some fun back into it! I like it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->