Finishing work - decision made!!

Blondie2008

Mum to the amazing Bethan
Reaction score
Hi Everyone - hope your all doing well.

I called in sick to work today as i have a sickness bug - the third one during the pregnancy!!

One good thing has come out of it though. My hubby and i were chatting today and decided that i should bring my maternity leave forwards by two weeks. This means i'll be 35 weeks pregnant and not 37 when i finish. AND it means that i only have 2 weeks left in work!!! Whoop!

Actually feeling much better since deciding as i always get worked up and worried when i call in sick. At least this way i wont have to worry about it again. Whew!

Bit worried about bring bored and frustrated at home alone but just gonna have to keep myself busy!!

Blondie xx

Sounds like a sensible decision. Hopefully you will be able to chill out before the baby comes. I read somewhere that you are more likely to have a normal delivery and not a c section if you stop work 6 weeks before rather than working til you drop.

I hope this will give me the chance to chill out a bit. I manage to stress myself out over everything according to my hubby so perhaps it is for the best xxx

Sounds like a sensible decision. Hopefully you will be able to chill out before the baby comes. I read somewhere that you are more likely to have a normal delivery and not a c section if you stop work 6 weeks before rather than working til you drop.

oh god...i'm finishing at 38w....

Blondie, great news about finishing!! i bet you can't wait!! x

Hay ClaireyF i nearly didnt realise it was you if you know what i mean - was used to seeing a different profile pic!
I wanted to hang on till last minute and keep working but its just not happening. Cant imagine still being there at 38 weeks. Mind you i am now only doing desk work so its not so bad.
I'm sure you will be fine. You'll be more than ready to leave when the time comes!!!

xx

I have decided 35 weeks too!! I originally said 38 but I want time to get things in order before he arrives!!

i'm 35 weeks, and yes.....bored as hell. with my other children at school all day im just not used to not doing anything usually, but the rest has done me good and a few shopping trips to town have killed time as well as having the time to hunt for some sale bargains ! Enjoy your time off before bubs is here, its YOUR time :hug: and any excuse to have my nails done works for me hehe

I originally wanted to work until 38-39 weeks but and seriously considering giving it up at 35 weeks. I’d cut back to 3-4 days a week now if I could:)

I wanted to leave at 35 weeks, but in the end i decided to leave at 36+4.

I've had my 1st full week off now and i'm a little bored, as i planned on washing all baby clothes etc...it took my 1st day off!!! LMAO

Now i haven't really got anything to do... oh well.. lots of BnB and reading i guess!

xxx

Hay ClaireyF i nearly didnt realise it was you if you know what i mean - was used to seeing a different profile pic!
I wanted to hang on till last minute and keep working but its just not happening. Cant imagine still being there at 38 weeks. Mind you i am now only doing desk work so its not so bad.
I'm sure you will be fine. You'll be more than ready to leave when the time comes!!!

xx

:rofl: i recognise people by their avaters too! i only do desk work but walking into work from where i park my car is getting harder and harder! if i could give up sooner then i would but i have to train someone up now and they only start on 5th May. i can't wait to finish xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->