First Appointment, kind of down:(

Kaitybug

Reaction score
I went to my first appt. today. I have high blood pressure, so the OB wanted to get me in earlier; based on my last period, I should be at 6 weeks 4 days. I got my labs done, and then had an exam by the OB. She said my uterus might have felt larger and thought I might be further along than she previously thought. Because of this, and the fact that my periods have been known to be irregular, she wanted me to do an early ultrasound. I went in to do it, and it was an internal one with the little wand looking thing. The technician said that because she found the gestational sac with the yolk, I should be EARLIER than previously thought, maybe 5 weeks. Because of this, she said there wouldn't be a heartbeat yet, and that's why she didn't see the baby. I'm supposed to go back two weeks from today for another ultrasound, but should I be worried?
Here is the scan picture: Ultrasound.jpg

I would not being worried, she saw both the sac and yolk that is great news!! If you are earlier than thought it was less likely to see a heart beat yet then. I bet everything goes very well at your next scan!!:hugs:

some people ovulate later, and with irregular periods it can be harder to tell... but I wouldn't worry!

Same thing happened to me 3 weeks ago, I thought I was 7+3 and they said I was only 5+3 and they couldnt see the baby. My pic looked exactly like yours, I went again today and I saw the baby and the heartbeat!!! Such a beautiful sight! I am now 8+2. My doc said I just ovulated later than I thought. Probably what happened to you. Dont worry, I know much easier said than done. Im sure everything will be A Ok. :) FX!

I also had a scan with my first pregnancy at 5 weeks and they could only see the yolk sac so 2 weeks later I saw the baby defo nothing to worry about :) x

:hugs: Wishing you all the best... :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->