First BFP ever, help!

fingrscrossd

Reaction score
So I am at 12dpo and couldn't wait any longer and tested first thing this morning. I attached the test, it looks like a faint line so I am taking that as a BFP? I don't want to get excited yet I want to make sure it stays this way. Any advice on if i'm seeing the line correctly and what I should do now? This will be my first BFP ever so I am clueless and don't want to tell family until I know for sure :wacko:

Attachments

• image1 (5).jpg
    image1 (5).jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 39
Hi. That's a pretty definite bfp to me. Congratulations

I personally don't tell people until 12 weeks (after first scan) but it's up to you really. It's so hard not to tell people when it's all you really want to talk about.

Xx

Brilliant line, could always do a digi to confirm

Beautiful line! Nothing faint about it! Agreed the standard is 12 weeks so you can get a scan/initial work up/risk of mc decrease significantly after first tri. I am a blabber mouth so I have one friend who is first to hear about my bfps. I used to just tell everyone, but after one loss and having to explain to your friends, family, coworkers, dentist, email newsletters.... Plus, my one friend is very supportive either way. When I fall, i want to announce the sex at the same time so I will get a panorama done and announce once those results are on.

Oh and I love the cb weeks estimator digital :). It's fun to see the pregnant plus conception estimate

As for what you do now, you call your doctor and set up your first prenatal. Do not be alarmed that they will not schedule it until 8-10 weeks if you are in the USA. Scans vary so much in week 5 and lots of weird thing can happen (like I had a vanishing twin that would have been long gone by 8 weeks), and they want to guarantee to see a heartbeat and all that jazz.

Exactly like my bfp at 12dpo :) congrats Hun. I scheduled doctors appointment at 6 weeks and he then referred me to midwife for 8 week to have my booking in appointment xx

Congratulations! Happy and healthy 9 months! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->