First Clomid Cycle Buddy?

lola13

Reaction score
Hi there,

After 3 years TTC, I will be on clomid and doing an HSG this week. Anyone in a similar boat & want to be buddies?

hi, It is my first day on Clomid today after nearly 2 years TTC and one lap surgery for endometriosis!!!! good luck!

Thanks, you too! I'm taking my first pill today, too! Good luck:)

Good Luck with the clomid girls. Im just waiting for AF or BFP to arrive on wednesday, thursday at the lastest. Then ill be starting round 3 of clomid. Hopefully all the side affects you get with it are worth it.

Good Luck xx

Hi Lola and Daisi - welcome and good luck to you both!:hi:

Vickylou, my fingers crossed for your BFP this week!!

I finished my first lot of clomid tablets a couple of days ago. It's now CD9, so almost time to get started on the babymaking!

I didn't get any side effects until the last day on clomid, where I had a bit of a headache. Hopefully you guys will find it not too bad also.

Babydust ladies...

Vickylou - hopefully you WON'T be starting round 3!

MrsJA - you're just 4 days ahead of Daisii & me. Have you had an HSG, too?

Hi lola!

Yep, had one of those last month and all fine :thumbup: What date are you doing yours hon?

I'm having it done this Thursday. I can't believe I've put it off this long. I'm optimistic that everything will be fine. Just can't wait to get the procedure over with.

I took my 1st clomid last night. I had a very restless night - not sure if it's related. I'm on 100mg this month to coincide with blood work. Hopefully that won't work against me.

Sending out good vibes :)

Hi, how's it going? day two of clomid today, no side effects so far! fingers crosssed it will finally be our turn!!!

Hi Daisii,

No side effects here either. How many mg are you on? 50?

I'm just so happy to be doing something different this cycle. I'm not getting my hopes up, just feeling optimistic. It has been such a roller coaster...3 years of OPK's, diligently using CBFM, timing BD perfectly, and ending up in tears every month. I finally feel like I'm moving on to the next stage and closer to a BFP. DH's analysis was OK, so as long as my test goes well, there should be nothing holding us back.

I know it sounds silly, but I can't wait until it's time to pop the next pill. :)

Morning ladies!

Lola, not silly at all - I was so excited about starting clomid I hardly slept the night before - lol!

Good luck with the HSG. Did you know your chances of conceiving are increased for 3 months after you have it? Apparently it "blows out the cobwebs" a bit because of the dye going through. So even more reasons to feel optimistic this cycle :hugs:

Hi, I am on 50mg, and know exactly what you mean, it feels so good to be doing something different, more positive feelings from the start! I am so fed up with ending up in tears every month! well we will wait and see! 3 days of pills to go!

I'll also be taking Robitussin to compensate for the effect on CM. Are you guys doing it, too?

I've managed to freak myself out a bit. I started researching what can cause blocked fallopian tubes & read articles about urinary tract infections leading to blockage. I've had 2 UTI's over the past 5 years. Now my head's spinning that it must be my problem. Thursday can't get here soon enough.

Hey lola,
Don't do the google diagnosis, it's a terrible thing to do to yourself! Not that I am one to talk. God knows I have freaked myself out on MANY an occasion, lol!
It would be really uncommon for a UTI to cause a blockage in your fallopian tubes. Heaps and heaps of women get UTI's and they don't all end up with tubal blockages.
I will be crossing my fingers and wishing you all the best on Thursday, love. Try not to stress too much in the meantime!

PS - I want to do robitussen but not sure which one to get. The one for chesty coughs or the one for dry coughs? They have totally different ingredients...

Hey welcome...this is my first cycle of clomid 50gms..and am on cd15 and still my OPKs shows me a negative Ovo sign..:-( My doctor advised me to take clomid from cd2-6...I have to do a bloodwork on cd21...and till today I have not ovoulated...so am jus waiting for the OPK to show some positives...atleast then I wud know if the tablet is working for me..Best of luck to u all..

Hi Faith - Hang in there! Keep testing & we'll all pull for a positive OPK. It could just be that you'll ovulate later or maybe they'll up your dosage next cycle.

Thanks, MrsJA, that was comforting! It's crazy how we believe whatever we read online. You're right, it's logical that UTI's are too common to cause tube blockage every time. I need to calm down and stop reading!

I had another restless night after my second pill. I still don't know if it's related to clomid.

Here's what I read about Robitussin. You have to get the one without any letters after it - it will only say Robitussin. Look at the active ingredients - the only one is Guaifenesin. Don't get the type with other active ingredients which will reduce mucus. The one I bought says it's for chest congestion (NOT Cough).

Start taking it 5 days before expected ovulation & continue through ovulation. For clomid users, it says to start the day after the last pill. Dosage is 2 tsps 3x/day, although some will need more/less. Drink a full glass of water with each dose. Drink water throughout the day to help with mucus.

OK, we should all be good & ready :)

hi, 3 more pills then the real pain of waiting for the +ve ov pack begins! Still at least I know i should have more of a chance this time than in the last two years!!!!

How is everyone doing?

Thanks lola, you're the best! That is really helpful!!

Daisii, good on you - hanging in there! And poor Faith still waiting for that OPK!

I'm on CD11 and waiting to o as well. Doing a lot of sitting around and wondering if that twinge might be an o pain or not! lol...

Babydust ladies! :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->