First day at Daycare! Guilty-but happy

akamummy

Reaction score
:cry: Well my little boy (2) went off to daycare yesterday! :cry:

I might just say that it wasnt a daycare centre...its a daycare thats run by a lady from her house...she only has upto 4 kids at a time! So for me, that was perfect...my little munchkin isnt talking or potty trained yet (he is my first)...so that sort of environment will help him come out of his little shell...he is a shy and quiet boy even at home (most of the time).

ANYWAY...
We went there and apparently he had a great time...he didnt even cry when he found out I wasnt there! (I was very brave and snuck off when he was playing...without even a goodbye :sad:) So it will be intersting to see how he goes next week (he only goes 2 days a week)...but this time he will know Im going to leave him! Whew!!!
But I will tell you, when I came back home I had all these plans to do my housework etc, etc...but after I had a well earned coffee in peace and quiet, I layed down for 5 mins... (You know how it is! :lol:) and ended up sleeping :cloud9: just about the whole time he was away!:dohh:
I told hubby, when he got home and he said I must have needed it...

TODDLERS DO TAKE IT OUT OF YOU!!!!!!! :headspin: BUT WHERE WOULD YOU BE WITHOUT THEM???

Anyone else going through what Iam? Guilty, but happy? It has taken me such a long time to put him in daycare...I kept backing out of it, with the reasoning that Im a SAHM so why do I need to put my son in Daycare? But now, Im kind of glad...see, I dont have any family with me (they live overseas in NZ) and hubby's family are all a lot older than him and have grandkids...(he was the surprise package his parents had late in life!)...so I havent had a break at all...I take my hat off to all those single parents out there who dont have anyone either! WHEW! ITS HARD WORK!!! :headspin:
But thank goodness for daycare! :blush: :blush: :blush: Although I STILL feel guilty...Im sure it will wear off!

I think kids need a break from Mum sometimes never mind Mum from child :lol:

Bless :D

Will do his communication skills good x

Do not feel guilty, hun. Remember that you are preparing your child for independence. I truly believe that all children should experience daycare and/or preschool before the real schooling starts. I am amazed at how many mothers do not do this and the child has such a hard time when he/she starts kindergarten. As well, your child is learning social skills which is the utmost important part of life. The other benefit is your child is playing with children of the same age group and is gaining friends.

I know it's hard. I remember sending my daughter off to preschool. I was lost without her for the two hours she was in it. Now she is a brave little girl and is in Grade 1. :)

My son, well, let's put it this way. If he had his choice, he'd never go to school. LOL So, because of this, he is in preschool every single day during the weekdays. I encountered too many problems when he was in for just the three days.

Enjoy your moments to yourself and remember that this is a fantastic experience for your little one. :)

:hugs: Thanks guys that advice makes me feel a little better now! My brain knows all this stuff...but my heart? Well that another story! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->