First Day Out Using Fluff!

nervouspains

Love being a Wife & Mummy
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Well today was my first day of spending the whole day out using reusables.
My itti was fab :thumbup:
Of course, putting it on was a little more time consuming then a quick sposie, but im So proud of myself for doing it! I even changed his smelly bum in the car! :haha: I put the poo & wipes in a nappy bag, and then put that and the old nappy fluff in my Monkey Foot wet bag- in the damask print to match my luna :cloud9:

I brought out an Ellas nappy- with a BG cover, but it leaked :-(
Maybe because I have only washed it 3 times so it hasnt reached max absorbency level yet? :shrug:

I hope thats only why as iv ordered another bg cover esp for it!

xxxx

:thumbup: That's great!

Pity about the leak but the ellas nappies are normally hemp and they do require a good few washes to reach a good level of absorbency. maybe a few short wears around the house will help or a good overnight soak will help you bring up the absorbency.

Well done you :thumbup: I remember my first time taking LO out all day in cloth - I was bricking it :blush: I probably took out about 3 more nappies that I thought I'd need - "Just in case" :haha:

Shame about the leak, but as Littlestar said, hemp can take longer to get up to full absorbancy. Same with bamboo :) Hopefully it'll be up to full performance soon! :flower:

I remember starting to take abigail out in fluff, must've had about 5 outfits just incase of leaks...its no biggie if they do get a leak, just boost more next time round and chuck a new pair of bottoms on them!

You'l get more and more confident out & about, you'l have reliable ones you know are good to take out- I always put Mini LaLa's or Easyfit V2s on her, they never fail me!...these nappies are too cute not to take them out and show them off to the public :haha:

I find we get leaks when out and about in the pushchair so I make sure to boost the nappies before I go out, and that helps with leaks :thumbup:
I usually use a boosted BGv3 if Evie will be spending time in her pushchair, or my BBOS without boosters ;) Depends on what she's wearing lol! BGs always always go under trousers for us ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->