First fertility appointment

We get one whole injectable cycle. What ever gets fertilized gets frozen. Then we can use one of the frozen ones again.

After that you have to fund it yourself! So literally two goes with one egg at each time!

I know what u mean. Nurture has the best results. :)
How many eggs do u think ul have put back in? I think I want to risk two going in. 30% chances of twins if its successful but worth the risks in my mind what's ur thoughts x

Sorry just seen ur second response. Do if some get frozen u can try again with them for free?

Yes that's my understanding you a whole cycle free (incl injectable etc, retrieval and implant) then freeze the extras, then you get one more chance with a frozen egg on nhs.

If you went private I think you can have more without back in, cause ur paying!

How long did it take from ur last clinic appt to get ur letter for nurture? And funding? Xx

Within a week. Then you call them on days 1-5 of cycle for them to do the internal scan. That is really interesting. You see your womb, overview, tubes. The scanner person tells you how it looks there and then.
Get your blood done for hiv, hep b & c. If he oh goes with you as well as mine didn't so it took him a further month for me to make his appt as he clearly wasn't doing it himself.

After that they book you in for another appt to discuss the results and the next step!!

So it does happen very quickly (our first appt at qmc infertility clinic was 7th Jan, they referred us to nurture straight away) we had our last appt on the 18th March, minus the month that hubby did sweet fa with arranging his appt it would have been a month quicker!

're funding they ask about children, smoking, weight if you fit those criteria funding all gets sorted automatically,nothing we have to do!

Hope ours is quick too. They sed there's 2-3 month wait bit cos of what's happened they will put us on and takes us straight off.
Just this now long wait for his bloods to come back to get through :(
Does the letter just say ring us day 1 not a actual appt. sorry for asking so many questions lol.
Keep me posted with everything xx

Yes you have questionnaires to fill.out too so they have an overall picture of you both.

They ask the woman to call them between days 1-5 of cycle to make the appt. So it is just a matter of calling up then.luckily I was on day one when I got the letter so I was able to be seen straight away!
But now I have to wait until in on CD1 again to call them, so that'll be around beginning of April now- but moving house next week so happy to get that out of the way!!

I'll tell you what though hubby and I say we should be crack and alcoholics and no jobs and we'll get pregnant straight away!!!!

So I may wait awhile then as I have long cycles. I know I'm just guessing lol gona be a long 7 weeks.
I agree with ya hubby lol

But when it gets going it's gets going! As soon you have been refered it soon speeds up. It's just the waiting for your body to be to the right stage. So by the time you vet through the tests and initial consultations you'll be about right timing wise 2-3 months......

Are you going to derby or nottm one????

Nottingham nurture. Trust in derby has gone really. Nurture have really good results so I'm hoping for both of us xx

Ahhh good, got to go where the results are good!!!!

As I keep telling myself someone has to be in the successful % and no reason why it shouldn't be us!

Also have u had the due thro tubes things and tests like that or is that what ur appointment is? X

No cause . If having ivf it doesn't matter how the tubes are. But the internal scan looks at the tubes anyway.

Your first appt during the 1-5 day will be bloods, and internal scan (like a vibrator with condom on inserted inside you) then you will be given another appt at the same time as arranging the day 1-5 appt to discuss the results. If your hubby has already given several.samples he won't need to give another one as they will have those results already.

At that appt they discussed with us the flow chart of what happens when (such as when on the injections starts and for what it does) time scales, possible side effects, problems that could happen etc. (I would try to take a photo of it and attach it, but no idea how to do it on here.....
But from.starting on day 18 - I inject myself to stop overuse (2-3 week-long this)
Then call them on day 1 of period to start injecting myself to stimulate myself.
Every other day scan to check on how I am progressing (this happens at 7:30am each time)
Then as I'm getting g to the right stage I inject myself with something else to mature the eggs.
They then retrieve the eggs (General/light sedation) needle up through vagina to pop the follicles.
Stay in hospital for 2-3 hrs afterwards - hubby does a sample
They call daily to let you know how they are getting on
When they have progressed to the right stage - hopefully day 5 blastocyst they call you up to put the egg inside you.
You put pressary inside your vagina to keep.lining ok
test In two weeks
if negative end if cycle
If pregnant keep Inserting the pessary until week 9

So simples!!!!

Thanks so much :))))
Day 18 u start injecting? Wouldn't u have already ovulated by then?
I just can't wait to get started. I will be thinking of u.
Will u be ok injecting? Xx

Apparently the needles are tiny (not like when you have your bloods taken). The train you how to do it - either in stomach or thigh area! Hubby looking forward to having ago but not sure if that is cause he wants to feel what it is like or to cause me pain!!! Ha ha!!!

Yeah would've O by then, but they are just shutting ur ovaries down..... So everything else works as you still get af as usual!

Bet u really can't wait.
How long did it take for the shock to wear off. I'm still a emotional train wreck a week later can't seem to get a grip on this one x

yikes, a week later and you're still not feeling 'normalish'? :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->