First fertility appointment

Just had a right ding dong with hubby.

I've called up nurture to get the appt to sign the consents and get my medication etc all the dates they gave us - basically the date we are working to is the 21st April to start the meds, every date they gave us he was "no I'm working" I then said he'd have to take some time off to go there with me as otherwise it'll be waiting yet another month until the dates fit in with his work life! If ever they do!

It's not as if he doesn't know that I'll have to do things on specific days - and now worried I'll be going to these appts on my own in the future as "he is working". I'm at the stage to say " you call them as and when your life allows me to do things or arrange things". To say I am annoyed/frustrated etc is an understatement. Everything has to 'revolve around his life, work, training at times and I feel like I'm a right hindrance.
I just want to do what I have to do without him at times as this is clearly an inconvenience in his life!!!!

One of these days I'm really going to blow and walk out as I'll be wanting to hit him round the head with a frying pan!!! I'm so patient with him and support him and his training all the time - when I need him to do the same it's just not there!!!!

Aarrrgghh life was so simple being single.....

Further to the last when I said he'd have to take time off he had a right go at me saying he couldn't and I know nothing about the job we are both in even tho I've been in it for 10 years and him only 4!!!!! But of course I know nothing, he is the only person in the entire world that knows everything, has done everything - even though at times he is so wrong, so bang out of order it's scary, but I keep stum as its . Not worth an argument!!!!

Oh no. I'm so sorry ur having such a tough time. Men can be so insensitive. Maybe u both need some time to cool down.
He is failing to see what ur going to have to go thro for u both.
Surely he can take time for atleast the first appt.
I'm pretty accepting that il go to some on my own and some we will go together depending on ohs boss as he's about to get his old boss back in June and she's vile so if its not started by then il have to be prepared.
This is such a traumatic time for u and I don't understand why he can't understand and support u.
On a brighter note not long until the 21st ul be all done before my last hosp appt tho xx

He's now swapped his shifts around, which is all I wanted I'm having to do the same with my work......

However stubborn he is I think he knows (we'll in my mind I'm hoping) that he has to give on this process this cannot be timed according to him and his life, it has got to be all about me.

I'm happy in the knowledge that I'll be going to a few appts on my own and happy with that but I want him to be involved in this, he knows what's going on so I don't have to explain everything when I get back home!!!

I am getting nervous/excited about our first appt. It is set for the 17th. Seem to be counting the days...I should be just in a new cycle then, if no bfp this cycle...
Not sure why I am nervous. I know now that we will just get some answers, and hopefully come up with a plan. Feels kinda like when we first started ttc, got all nervous and excited about the possibility...then after awhile it became more expecting that bfn...

It is exciting but nervous at the same time, but the drs all seem to know what they are doing and explain in simple terms what the results mean and the best course of action to take too!!!

Hi.
I was excited at my first appt as didnt know what to expect but the nerves still kicked pretty quick.
Hope u start getting ur answer quickly xx

Just had the consents through and the lists of what I need to take when - scary I hope it makes sense when they explain it to us!!!

I'm looking forward to tomorrow getting all the meds, and getting all the details of what to expect!

wow - the amount of drugs you get given and needles is ashtonishing!

So i start down regging on Sunday 21st. Inject myself - needles about 1cm long. Do that until 1st day of period.
The continue with that drug - then on the next thursday (as everyone at nurture starts their stim drugs on a thursday) i start also with the stim drugs.
Then they'll let me know what days i have to go in for scans. That'll be week commencing 13-20th may.
Then if all dates add up and scans look good Theatre week will be week commencing 27th May.

But the brilliant new is as i have 23 folicles there is a good chance that we have a good chance of lots of eggs, which will mean we will have a good chance of more eggs being fertilised. But i am on quite a low dose of drugs, as they don;t think they need to stimulate me too much.
They will decide on the day of popping one back into me which one they will choose as they keep dividing right up until the last minute.

But if we do not get a "take home baby" then any eggs which were frozen we can defrost and put two back in each time until the frozen stores of eggs are depleted. So fingers crossed we get more than 1 egg frozen and defrosted to a good standard.

So a bit nervous about the 1st injection - but once i get going think i'll be fine.
She showed you with a little plastic square how to inject and goes through loads of things with you - so a bit of a blur, but they tell you when top take what drugs at what times (best in the evening as they have time to take effect overnight before you get scanned!)

So feeling quite excited about getting going on sunday. AF due on the 28th April, so not long to wait, and i'm sure the next month will fly by.

Hi. Good luck. Brill news about follicles. Do they hange each month is it the same every month?? Xxx

As far as I'm aware your follicles are the same each month, otherwise they'd scan you more?

Just had a little look on line. Looks like they vary and can change. How strange xx

Just wanted to say - had our first fs appt yesterday, and it seemed to go well.
They did an ultrasound there, and uterus and ovaries looked fine, and I got squeezed in (lucky) on Monday for an HSG at the hospital. We got our bloods done, and dp has to book his sa.

We get a follow up on May 10th over the phone to let us know the results, and where to go from there.

They did hint that the HSG would improve fertility chances...so, here's hoping :)

I've heard hsg gives you a good clear out!

Fingers crossed the results,are ok for you both!

Yea when I had mine I researched loads and it has quite good results aslong as male factor isn't involved :) x

so all going well so far.... AF just started so i called the clinic and they said to keep down regging until scan next wednesday to make sure i am all shut down. Then if that goes well i should start stimming Thursday.

The medication didn;t effect me too much - i feel as though i am a lot hotter than normal, even hubby said i am like hot water bottle in bed. I wake up a bit clammy - but can;t say they are night sweats. occasionally had a bit of a hot flush, - but that when i have been lugging the shopping from the boot of the car inside the house.
I had an uncontrolable irrational thoughts though for about two days - thinking that hubby could have an affiar and leave me - totally unfounded, nothing at all to base it on - but cried just thinking about the what if's.... But just felt like a severe PMS leading up to AF.

Now AF has arrived boobs stopped hurting and all symptoms stopped.

Bit bored of the injections now - the novality has definately worn off!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->