First Finger Foods

polo_princess

♥ Brookes Mummy ♥
Reaction score
Apart from rusks which are the obvious one ... what first finger foods did you give your LO's (esp ones that dont have any teeth yet)

Brookes coming up to 6 months now so i want to try her on something other than rusks, she's really good with finger food and seems to know what she's doing.

She currently sucking on a piece of cucumber of my plate that caught her eye :rofl:

Organix things like rice cakes and carrot stix are really good, Grace loved them and they are really good when helping them to hold their own food :)

I have been giving toast fingers... i've tried other fruits and stuff but they all seem too slippery for her to hold??? I dunno... lol

Organix carrot sticks
Banana
Toast
Breadsticks

All things that we've tried lately that have been a hit ;-)

Organix stuff like bexy said, Jack loved the carrot sticks, have you tried banana, cut up grapes, toast with hummous or butter x

We started with toast , bananas , brocoli,and rice cakes

toast strips, bananas, steamed carrot sticks, cucumbers, watermelon or any melon, shredded cheese

i do rice cakes and rusk at the moment good thread PP i have been very interested to know of some new things, we have found banana a bit slippery

Lou
xxx

toast fingers and bananas coated with Cheerios (made it easier to grab)

Banana
Toast
Gerber puffs (carrot, apple, raspberry, strawberry, veg delight)
Arrow cookies (sweeter then rusks)
Cucumber

biscotti
toast cheese spread
rice cakes
grated cheese
oatys-baby biscuits
cooked veg, carrot,
cooked fruit, pear, apple
mini cheddars
crackerbreads
breadsticks
its amazing how well babies cope without teeth, Austin sucks things till wet and they break off the chews with gums

toast fingers and bananas coated with Cheerios (made it easier to grab)

Cheerios? How do you manage that one? :rofl:

Im just worried about her not being able to chew stuff having no teeth so wasnt sure what she could manage

Cormack hasn't got any teeth and manages fine with
Rice cakes
Organix biscuits
Steamed Couliflower
Steamed Carrot
Cucumber
Banana
Mango
Avocado
Cheese sticks

The first couple of times we gave him banana and mango I put them in a feeding net so they weren't to slippy. I cant think what they are called.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Happy-Mumm...f=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby&qid=1244052753&sr=1-1

this is what I meant! A baby safe feeder!

I'm gonna get one of those net things. You get them in John Lewis.

Anyway, I found this really helpful. Don't think I'm gonna bother with purees for much longer. She manages smooth purees fine, hates lumps and likes rusks. Few more weeks on puree then onto finger foods I think.

Organix carrot sticks, also a hit here! toast, pieces of cheese, and sliced fruit and veg, like carrot or cucumber x

I used a mortar and pestle and ground it up and than coated the banana :blush: :rofl:

oh and be careful with cheese the first few times, it caused horrible constipation with Hannah :rofl:

oh and be careful with cheese the first few times, it caused horrible constipation with Hannah :rofl:

Brooke seems to get constipated quite easily so may hold off on cheese for a bit longer if thats the case

When you said cheerios i has visions of whole cheerio's stuck to a banana :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->