First Gyn Appointment for TTC-Obese

All you can do is try. lol.

do you guys use the strips for LH detection or smiley face ones?

I usually use the smiley face ones. It is much more clear than trying to determine if the line is as dark or darker. But sometimes I use both when I want to test more than once a day.

I didn't ovulate this cycle. Since it was a medicated cycle I am not sure of next steps. I have to wait until Tuesday as it is a long weekend here.

I use Wondfos internet strips, so they are just the lines.

I'm second guessing myself that I'm not ovulating either. I think I ovulated on cd 14 (today I am cd 16, so I'll see what ff says tomorrow) but all my opks have been completely negative. I'm hoping I did ovulate and it's just my pcos keeping the opks from going positive. What do you think?

Hmm...maybe you need to try being on the medications for a longer period? I'm not sure, but glad to hear you will find out what will happen next on Tuesday. Keep me posted.

The clinic called yesterday and they were concerned that my progesterone was low on a medicated cycle. I had to explain to them my cycle in detail as they didn't understand why I did it on cd 25 and not 21. I don't know how many time over the last year I have told them I don't ovulate on cd 14 I ovulate on cd 17-19 and have 35 day cycles. The nurse finally understood.

She thinks the doc may want tO do an ultrasound to see what is going on. I think it was my cold and I am hoping I can try one more cycle to make sure. If it wasn't and I gm have become resistant to the letrozole I know the next step.

I have to go on the Mirena while I lose the weight to get to the bmi that will allow me to take different drugs so we can do IUI with hyper stimulation or I have to lose over 100 lbs to do IVF. Either way I have to be on birth control. Blarg.

But it is a wait and see until Tuesday at min.

As for your opk's. I was under the impression pcos makes them false positive. You technically will get a surge but don't actually ovulate. But every woman is different. It is possible you haven't ovulated yet. Or you may have missed the surge. How many times are you testing in a day?

I'm really hoping you'll have another chance on the meds before putting you on bc!

Do you HAVE to be on birth control? Can you not convince them to let you try natural while working towards IVF? I feel birth control was what messed up my cycles to begin with, so I hate it a lot! Fx'd for you on Tuesday.

Thanks for your advice on opks. It calmed me. I started testing on cd10, twice a day. One was first thing in the morning and then when I went to bed. I read on my cd14 that you aren't suppose to use fmu with opks apparently. So, if it makes a big difference there is a possibility I missed it because I wasn't testing in the afternoon at all.

Ff gave me dotted ch on cd14 (because of the neg opk). I had watery cm (which has never happened), a temp dip, then rise. Today will mark 3dpo if it's correct. We'll see.

It is very possible you missed it. They say the optimum time is 10am to 6pm. So around 2-3pm is when a lot get their peak. I got mine at 7pm both times I got a positive. One was a true 7pm, after dinner. The second 7pm was a third pee as I worked graveyard at the time. Can you link your chart?

AFM: I don't ovulate on my own. Never have likely. I also have a condition called Hyperplasia with atypia. It's a thickening of the uterine lining and the atypia causes cell clusters to grow that have a 30% chance of giving me uterine cancer.

I have been treated for this over the last 6 years and for the last year it has gone away but that is because I was ovulating with the letrozole and that kept my cycles normal. 35 day cycles like clock work. They use high dose progesterone to treat it. the last drug has been provera at 10 mg. that's not that high of a dose but I can't handle any more. i can't handle that even. I become near psychotic on it and I am not a very nice person to be around. Close to evil. So they said that if I have to take a break at all or if the hyperplasia comes back, then they want me on the Mirena IUD. this will give my uterus the progesterone I need but without all the crazy emotional side effects.

I have come to terms that my letrozole days may be over. I will need to lose 45 lbs to move on to the next step which is hyper stimulation drugs and IUI. if we have to jump to IVF then I have to lose 140 lbs. it's daunting for sure. and the price is extreme. We will get to do IVF once. It's $16,000.

10am to 6pm? I was way off. I have been testing at like 8am and 10pm! I don't know how to attach the full chart so I'll screen shot it.

In terms of my chart, all temps were taken within an hour of each other. Ff I find only allows a half hour difference to "fill them in". So any open hole ones are within an hour.

I feel I'm obsessing over temperatures way too much. Not having the positive opk has me second guessing everything. My "confirmation" temps were taken at my usual time but I did wake up within the three hour time period. Also, I have one of those "arctic pillows" that is cold so I find that affects which side of my mouth I have to temp on. Do you think waking up during the three hour period and changing which side of the mouth I take my temp on would change my temps significantly?

I see why birth control is really the only option now for you. Have you heard from your clinic yet on what the decision is? I'm eagerly waiting to hear and hoping it's good news.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-24 at 6.03.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-24 at 6.03.15 PM.png
    35.3 KB · Views: 2
By looking at your chart I would agree with FF for now. i find the length of sleep more determines a difference or not and not time of day. If you are getting 8 hours every day (for example) and then you sleep in on Saturday. Your temp will be higher because you slept longer. Not because you woke up at 9am instead of 7am. If you got less sleep it will be lower.

for example. This is an average and other things could affect it but this is what I have noticed

regular bed time: 10pm
regular wake time: 6am
temp: normal range and fairly consistent with a little up and down

Regular bed time: 10pm
sleep in wake time: 8:30am
temp: slightly higher may see a bit of a rise

regular bed time: 10pm
early wake time: 5am
temp: slightly lower might see a dip, small or large depending on how early

late bed time: 12am
late wake time: 8 am
temp: close to normal of the regular 8 hours of sleep because you got 8 hours of sleep.

your temperature doesn't understand a clock. That is man made and the body is strictly nature and biology. What matters is consistent hours of sleep and I think having at least 5 hours is best. They say 3 but 3 is a nap not a deep sleep.

Your pillow may affect things but if you are consistent with which side you temp on it won't matter. Eventually you get an overall pattern and as long as there is a spike that isn't from a sickness fever all is good. with PCOS it's hard because temps can be rocky because our hormones are everywhere.

AFM: I have an appt with the doc on June 1. he wants to discuss next steps. So it sounds like I am out of the letrozole game and have to move on. This costs a lot of money and I have to lose a lot of weight. We will likely take a year off from TTC to save as much money as we can and I lose as much weight as I can and we will see where we are in a year. This will choose our option.

Thanks for the advice! It makes perfect sense :) I think Ff is right, it's just hard to believe it's finally happening.

Big hug! I'll be thinking about you on June 1. Praying for some good news out of all of this. Also hoping if you do need a year off it will fly back and you will make a lot of progress weight loss wise and save a lot for IUI or IVF. Keep me updated!

You're welcome! I absolutely will keep you updated. I will still be on here as I have made so many friends and I will be updating my journal.

I know exactly how you feel. You see that spike and you are so surprised it has started and that you finally have a chance. I can't wait to see you get your bfp

I tried posting before leaving to the family cabin for the weekend but it apparently didn't post.

I'm glad you understand the excitement! I start testing at 10dpo (Monday) because that's what I promised myself. I'm nervous but if it doesn't happen I have a back up plan with my gyn, whom I see this Thursday.

So af started on her own for me. When I am not on letrozole she doesn't come on her own and I have to induce with provera. So even though I didn't release an egg the letrozole still worked in that it gave me a period. I am like clockwork when on letrozole. Right now it came a bit early but I got a bit of red flow today and I counted it as light but not much since.

So I contacted my doctor's assistant so I could ask him if I can do another round of letrozole and that I was going to ask on June 1 at my appt but my period came and it's time sensitive. Of course, she wasn't in on friday and the sub nurse I talked to said that since, at that point, af hadn't officially started I can wait until monday to talk to the regular girl and she can talk directly to the doc instead of relying on email.

so now I wait to see what they say.

Oh you are so close to testing!! do you have any symptoms?

Hey ladies.. I'm late to the party but can I join? My BMI is 40.2. I'm on month three of TTC and I could use some support.

Of course you can Gagrlin! Welcome :)
Are you finding anything difficult with your cycles? And what meds (if any) are you taking?

Aayla: Yay for af? It's nice that she came willingly instead of needing to force her. I hope tomorrow comes quickly for you so you're able to call and see what to do. I hate not knowing and asking someone who tells me to wait it out! What other medications have you tried?

AFM: I'm going to attach my chart! I really thought ff got it wrong, or I was temping incorrectly the way my temperature was consistent in dropping. 6dpo is the dip below coverline, maybe implantation? Hehe...I've waited long enough in my opinion, just to have a cycle that actually makes sense!

Symptom wise I've only noticed I am exhausted all the time. I've been taking naps even. This could be a side effect to one of my medications that was increased two weeks ago though. Only time will tell. Oh, I'm also bloated feeling...hm.

I started testing on 7dpo and told myself I wouldn't test again until 10dpo. So naturally, 7dpo was BFN, 8dpo I did in the evening and it looked kind of hopeful but still BFN, and today (9dpo) I got a picture that makes me really look. I'll add that too! I added a little ^ on the picture so you can see where I'm squinting!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-29 at 7.49.43 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-29 at 7.49.43 AM.png
    38.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 9dpo.jpg
    9dpo.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 5
Of course you can Gagrlin! Welcome :)
Are you finding anything difficult with your cycles? And what meds (if any) are you taking?

Aayla: Yay for af? It's nice that she came willingly instead of needing to force her. I hope tomorrow comes quickly for you so you're able to call and see what to do. I hate not knowing and asking someone who tells me to wait it out! What other medications have you tried?

AFM: I'm going to attach my chart! I really thought ff got it wrong, or I was temping incorrectly the way my temperature was consistent in dropping. 6dpo is the dip below coverline, maybe implantation? Hehe...I've waited long enough in my opinion, just to have a cycle that actually makes sense!

Symptom wise I've only noticed I am exhausted all the time. I've been taking naps even. This could be a side effect to one of my medications that was increased two weeks ago though. Only time will tell. Oh, I'm also bloated feeling...hm.

I started testing on 7dpo and told myself I wouldn't test again until 10dpo. So naturally, 7dpo was BFN, 8dpo I did in the evening and it looked kind of hopeful but still BFN, and today (9dpo) I got a picture that makes me really look. I'll add that too! I added a little ^ on the picture so you can see where I'm squinting!

Right now I'm only taking prenatals. I have enzymes for hashimotos but nothing active right now as my tsh,t3, and t4 are good. I have to take prenatals with methlyfolate because I'm homozygous c677t mthfr.

I had mirena removed Feb 5 since my cycles have been very regular. 28 days and 5 day period. I'm 7dpo right now and on month three of TTC.

I am happy af is here. it means I can try again. I have taken clomid before for 2 cycles but it didn't make me ovulate and I was on the highest dose. So letrozole was the next step as it works better on overweight patients and those with PCOS.

Urs: your chart looks good. if you click on mine and scroll back to july you will see my bfp chart. i was up and down after O. Then I stopped temping after I got my bfp.

I think I see a shadow of something on the test. Definitely keep testing! How exciting!!

Gag: Welcome!!!

Gagrlin: I see. I am on my first real cycle right now, have been TTC over a year. I'm super excited! When do you think you'll start testing? :)

Aayla: Eek! I'm so excited now knowing you see it too! I checked out your chart from July also, it's giving me hope! :)

Gagrlin: I see. I am on my first real cycle right now, have been TTC over a year. I'm super excited! When do you think you'll start testing? :)

Aayla: Eek! I'm so excited now knowing you see it too! I checked out your chart from July also, it's giving me hope! :)

I'm not going to test until I'm late..

Well my doc's nurse emailed me back...to change my appt time. She didn't answer my question at all. So I emailed her again this afternoon but have heard nothing. It's now 5:35pm and the clinic is closed now. I'm quite irritated that she didn't seem to bother reading my email.

I am on cd 3 and I picked up my letrozole. I can wait until Wednesday to get the go ahead as that is cd 5 (although I have never taken it days 5-9) but I'm not even seeing the doc now, it's just a phone call appt..which means that he isn't going to instantly put in the IUD so I am taking that as a good sign.

But I am leery of messing with the schedule I have been on since I started this. But a different nurse said there is no difference.

Urs have you tested again?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->