First Gynae visit and I am Shocked!

rosequartz

Pregnant with 1st Baby
Reaction score
I am just coming back from the hospital. It was my first visit so had no idea what to expect. She talked to me for a while and then sent me for U/S. They couldn't find anything, I almost collapsed hearing that. They said Trans Vaginal scan is required and sent me for that. Was terrified to see a Dildo like stuff(not as thick as Dildo but definitely terrifying) with a condom on. There were 3 people maneuvering the Dildo like stuff, trying hard to find a sac. Finally they found a sac, boy was I relieved!

Gynae prescribed me 5mg Folic Acid and 200mg Progesterone and I am still not sure why. She just said it will reduce the risk of miscarriage.

Someone please tell me who is or was on 5mg folic acid and progesterone and had no issue. I think 5mg is too high for me, I am neither Diabetic nor do I have any medical history :(

I was put on progestrone after my first mmc.... When i was found to be pregnant a onth a half later. Itsjust to make sure your hormone levels are where they are supposed to be for the baby. Shes not saying youre high risk, just that she wants you on extra hormones :) no big

Thanks hun but I am still not able to figure out why 5mg Folic Acid :( I have been taking 600mcg

5 mg of folic acid is a large dose; however, docs can prescribe that to someone who has a history of a baby with or a family history of neural tube defects. Does that apply to you? Generally, PNV have 800 mcg and 800-1000 mcg are recommended for pregnant/lactating women. Sometimes I've seen 1200 mcg prescribed to someone with a mc from neural tube defect. I would ask your MD at your next visit.

Thanks hun:) No none of the above applies to me that is the reason why I am so shocked! Anyway, will ask her in my next visit. Does high dose of Folic acid cause any harm?

This is a great thread about Folic Acid...

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-first-trimester/398211-folic-acid-all-you-need-know.html

how do i put this gently...are you umm, a larger lady? i have heard on here that you need 5mg if you're overweight, but i don't know how overweight you have to be for that iyswim.
don't know why though x x

This is a great thread about Folic Acid...

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-first-trimester/398211-folic-acid-all-you-need-know.html

Thanks hun:) I have just asked a question in that thread :)

how do i put this gently...are you umm, a larger lady? i have heard on here that you need 5mg if you're overweight, but i don't know how overweight you have to be for that iyswim.
don't know why though x x

No hun, I am petite and not overweight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back