First Haircut?

felix555

Reaction score
When did you/will you be cutting your LO's hair?

My baby is 8.5 months and his hair is really getting long. I am not keen on boys with long hair (personally) but I feel he's much too small to be having a haircut! how would they even do that anyway?!

His hair is getting to the point where it's nearly in his eyes and I don't want it to irritate him? He looks like a mini justin bieber ... early days bieber :haha:

Thomas was over 2 for his first hair cut (slow grower). It got to the point that I was sweeping his fringe out of his eyes and the back of his hair kept getting caught in his bibs (massive dribbler still).

Mia got her first trim a little after 6 months old. Her hair wasn't even and it bugged me (darn OCD) now it's growing it really even and nice.

My little boy was 14 months.i was really nervous about how he would act but he was as good as gold.

Lennon was about 9/10 months, he was good as gold the first time but now plays up a bit but it's over quick. He has really thick blonde hair so it needs cut often. He has had about 4 haircuts now and is going tomorrow.

This week, at 16 months. I was dreading it, but it was going in his eyes and really needed to be done.

Aiden had his first haircut at 3 months old, but he was born with a huge head of hair and it grows so fast. He's 20 months now and has had 9 haircuts! I sit on the couch with my knees up and him against them so he was facing towards me to cut the front and then sit him on my lap to watch cartoons while I cut the back.

It's really hard to cut now though because he doesn't want me messing with his head and pushes me away or just falls down and acts super irritated. I have to cut it in stages over a couple day period and it's always a little crooked cause he won't stay still :(

He probably had his first little trim around 10 months as he has quite a lot of hair (I don't mind longish hair on a boy but we just wanted to shape it to keep it out of his eyes), and has had a couple more little trims since.

I'm lucky as OH is a hairdresser, but even then it's tough to get perfect!

First one at 3 months, I took him to the barber at 5 months, they were too nervous so it wasn't done properly. If you decide to do it yourself, it's best to do it while he's sleeping (wish someone had told me that about clipping nails too), cut it short, if it's uneven, it's not so noticable after it has grown a bit.

My dd1 will be 3 next month and has never had her haircut. It is very curly and grows up the way so it going in her eyes hasnt been a problem for us. No idea when she will need a haircut!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->