First ivf march 2014! Please join me!

Hi peachy! I've actually done injections on iui cycles so I'm not too scared of that, mainly of the side effects! And you're right it's a big decision. My husband and I are going to talk it over and pray to make the right decision in clinics. So depending which one I choose I may end up closer to your cycle march/April.
Rough day at work today, clients and coworker were talking about finding out they were having twins, one said her husband cried and she was also upset bc they already had a baby and I keep think how the only tears my dh and I would cry would be tears of absolute joy and gratefulness. It's hard to keep a poker face during convos like that.

I know what you mean. It can be very difficult when everyone around you is getting the one thing that you want. It's also very difficult for others not struggling with this to understand. I have 1 friend who is always telling me to just adopt or use a surrogate which makes absolutely no sense in my situation so I quit talking to her about it at all. We are switching clinics for this cycle and are doing the cost warranty program this time. Do you have that option?

I think there is a refund option but only if you buy 3 cycles. What is your warranty like?
This other clinic will cost $5,000 more so that's a big concern.
And yes a friend, my sister and sister in law keep saying they will carry the baby for me. My mom brings it up too, that my sister would help me. I know they are trying to be nice but it just pisses me off bc I can carry the baby!!!! If we could get an egg fertilized I wouldn't need a surrogate, they don't get it, so I mostly don't talk to them about it,
Some days are harder than others. It's a very profound thing to go through.

Mine is 3 cycles with unlimited frozen for $24,000 not including meds with a refundable amount of $18,000 if it doesn't work. However we went into ivf last time thinking since it's my tubal issues we would only need one try and walk away with our rainbow baby. It obviously didn't work out like that but I know it will sometimes it just takes more than one try. I will probably pay for all 3 and it will work on the first but I am more than ok with that! I'm hoping I feel a little less stressed knowing if it doesn't work I'm not out. We are taking out a home equity loan but the payments are very affordable and the interest rate is so much lower than using one of the fertility places. Do you mind if I ask where you live? I had even thought of going to Cancun because it's so much cheaper there.

I live in missouri. I did look into a package just like that. And maybe I am naive in thinking it will work on the first try:( I know there's a chance it won't and that scares me as I feel we have 1 shot bc it's so expensive. I can't imagine how devastated I would be. How did you handle it? Did everything go well with it?

I'm now second guessing my clinic...there's another clinic not far from me that is the top 5 in the nation, and that dr just performed ivf on the today show. I just scheduled a consult with him...I just want the best chances. I can't find a single review for my current dr. And on 3 occasions the nurses haven't called me back after telling me they would...

Have you tried looking at each clinic's stats on SART.org? That might help you decide.

To say I was devastated is seriously understated. I cried for a long time but knew I was lucky to have 3 frozen embryos left. Of course by my signature you can see how that worked out. The baby had a trisomy that is not from either of us but happens when the sperm meets the egg. A total fluke that happens like 1% of the time or less or some dumb crap. I had a long pity party after that. We still have 1 frozen left but it just doesn't seem likely to us even though you always hear it only takes one. I do believe that though and I continue to believe that everything happens for a reason and while our journey is longer than some it's shorter than others. Lots of women get lucky the first cycle and it could very well happen for you as well you just never know that's why we decided this was best for us. I wish lots of frosties for you as well so you can have siblings later on. You're lucky you're younger so you have more time than we do. Be careful to judge just from the stats as some clinics have a lot harder cases than others. Try using the filter for your specific issues so they show the rates with just your infertility factor.

Thank you ladies. Yes I have looked up the sart statistics and like you said it's hard to really go by that as every case is different.
I'm so sorry to hear about all that you went through. I can't imagine a loss after all of this. Are you doing a fet with the last embryo or starting over?
I'm actually scared for my sanity if it doesn't work. But yes knowing I have other frozen embryos would help. And thank you, I would love to have lots for siblings later.
Also, while on clomid and also on a femara/bravelle combo, I only made one mature follicle. So would that mean I might not respond well to the ivf meds?

One more thing, my dh is very concerned with what we would do with "extra" embryos if we ran into that situation after having all the children we want. He seems very adamant that he would want to donate them bc he doesn't feel right disposing of them. The thought of them being adopted freaks me out. To think we would have a child out there somewhere. Any thoughts on this?

I did 3 rounds of clomid and it didn't do much for me. I did it because my right ovary is dominant and I only have one short tube left on my left side so we were trying to get me to ovulate over there I had a tubal reversal 2 1/2 years ago with 2 ectopic and loss of right tube. Clomid is more to get you to ovulate than to produce many. The stim meds they give you plus the dosage makes many grow. I think I had 16 and 10 were mature so I wouldn't worry about that at all. 5 went on to be blasts and the first 2 were Bfn's i had a terrible transfer and 2 frozen went on to be bfp but also my loss. My last frozen we won't be using. Deciding on donation is a very personal decision which I am glad I didn't have to deal with because I am too old and I chose not to let them be donated for research. You have to decide all this before you start and sign consents. If you are so worried about it not working is there no way you could a warranty program instead? I am lucky we have a way to be able to do it again but it has been a long process.

If you don't mind me asking, why was the transfer terrible? Im seriously worried about the sedation and retrieval. Thanks so much for all of the info on clomid vs stims for ivf, that makes me feel better.
It would just really put us in a bind to have to borrow enough for the refund package. We have enough to pay for the meds of 1 cycle and can borrow the $7800 for the procedures. But even that was a stretch. Then we could afford a couple FET.
Also just to clarify, dh wants the embryos donated to another couple, not to science. But I just think I would always be wondering about that child. Hopefully it's not something we have to decide, and I just have the perfect amount.
You're really not much older than me. I'll turn 32 in April. Are all of your levels good? Fsh, amh?

My transfer was uncomfortable because the catheter didn't fit (twice) and I was super pissed because that's why I thought they did the trial run before The cycle started. My Fet went way better though so at least they learned from their mistakes. Please don't think any of this will be your experience. Everyone's journey is unique. Like snowflakes. You can't even compare cycles because every situation is so different. That's why the Internet can be a bad thing. Don't let what happened to anyone else worry you. About the donation thing I know it's very unselfish but I am glad I was too old anyways because I wouldn't be able to do it. I know a lot of women choose to donate eggs even because it really does help with cost. I think at my clinic it's around $4000. I truly do believe in the power of a positive attitude so try to keep thinking along those lines. Lots and lots of women get first time lucky and I wish that for you. Even though mine didn't turn out as I had hoped I could find comfort knowing I did what I em was supposed to. Eat right, take your vitamins, don't drink that sort of thing. I did acupuncture last time and it really helped me relax. Maybe it's something you could try. I will be 37 in May and I need to lock in before then or the price goes up another couple thousand. One day at a time right?

Oh and those tests you talk about I haven't done since last cycle but all my junk was just fine. We will have to redo it all as the year will be up in Feb. We're all your tests good? The DD you have listed is yours?

Thank you so much. And you're right, no cycle is the same. I just want to be prepared. I had the same problem at my last iui. The catheter wouldn't fit and they finally dilated my cervix. Ouch!!!!
I do acupuncture occasionally and I did it with my last iui. I was just thinking I might do it with the ivf, although it's another expense. But yes it's so relaxing and I think that's so important!
All of my levels are perfect. And yes dd is mine from a previous relationship when I was 20. I was also pregnant and miscarried when I was 18. So here's hoping they can get us past the fertilization issue and we will be fine.

BCP in an IVF Protocol is to make sure that there will be no surprises..so they are able to control your whole cycle starting from the 2nd or 4th day of your period (where you start your BCP). Low Dose Lupron then is used to inhibit any early ovulation because that would be the purpose of the Gonal F and/or Follitism, to stimulate egg production... if you respond well with the medication you'll be fine with low doses of the Gonal (depending on your RE). -Hope this helps

To say I was devastated is seriously understated. I cried for a long time but knew I was lucky to have 3 frozen embryos left. Of course by my signature you can see how that worked out. The baby had a trisomy that is not from either of us but happens when the sperm meets the egg. A total fluke that happens like 1% of the time or less or some dumb crap. I had a long pity party after that. We still have 1 frozen left but it just doesn't seem likely to us even though you always hear it only takes one. I do believe that though and I continue to believe that everything happens for a reason and while our journey is longer than some it's shorter than others. Lots of women get lucky the first cycle and it could very well happen for you as well you just never know that's why we decided this was best for us. I wish lots of frosties for you as well so you can have siblings later on. You're lucky you're younger so you have more time than we do. Be careful to judge just from the stats as some clinics have a lot harder cases than others. Try using the filter for your specific issues so they show the rates with just your infertility factor.
Hi:

I wish you all the baby dust on your next try. The IVF journey is truly one roller coaster ride.

In your signature, it says 8 weeks and some days - I was wondering at this age they are able to diagnosed the trisonomy? Because your baby was barely out of the embryotic age?

I am pregnant with twins from my IVF #2. My attempt #1 did not yield any embies to be frozen. I am 7 weeks 2+ today and I was wondering when do I get to test for genetic syndromes?

Thanks and best wishes to all of you ladies!

Lanet having your daughter says you are fertile. Did they tell you your dh sperm would be fine once they got it inside the egg?

M- Hige congratulations on your babies!! yes they were able to tell the trisomy it was 15 or 13 I can't remember but can look for the paper if you would like to know which one exactly. I had a d&c and They were also able to tell us it was a boy. My ob had told us a lot of times they can't tell anything and we of course wanted an answer. It took a few weeks to get the results as they grow the culture and grow the tissue or some such thing. It's obviously entirely different with a normal pregnancy and i would think tests will come later. Is there a reason you want the genetic testing? A tip off for us that something wasn't right was that the yolk sac was large even though they said heartbeat was fine. So I did tons of research on that and prepared myself for the worst.

As far as we know yes, normal sperm, just covered with antibodies.
Thank you mononoke and congrats!

Well then it sounds like a good recipe for success to me. Sorry if I missed it but did you schedule a consultation with the other re? Does your insurance cover anything? Mine doesn't and it sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->