First ivf march 2014! Please join me!

Yes I have talked to her and she's so funny. She said "well I just hope the baby is not weird" I said "well of course not why would you think that." And she said "bc you're doing a bunch of weird stuff!" Lol!!

That is adorable and makes perfect sense! I'm sure she will be a big help which mom's always need. Does your hubby take vitamins? I try to get mine to but he really only does when I am here to remind him. He's just a really big kid himself :winkwink:

My dh has really been wonderful with the vitamins. I've had him on 12 each day all year! At first I really had to remind him. Then after awhile I just gave up and he was so good to try to remember which was which and take them. After our RE have us "the news" we came home that night and looked at our nightly vitamins and said "ef vitamins!" Lol. Bc what's the point. But he's still taking a men's daily and I a prenatal.
What do your kids think? Do they know details?

Hi Ladies:

When I had my cycle it was only for six weeks. And don't worry it will go by fast before you know it, transfer would be right around the corner. Also, the more you think about the side effects the more that you will experience it, so just relax and look forward to your BFP :dance:.

K9, I have BC/BS of Texas, I also live in CA, I see that you live in San Diego, most likely if you are under Compassionate care your RE will refer you to Rancho Santa Fe Pharmacy for your medication (and this is right around in your neighborhood). What I did when I was on my cycle, I buy when its needed, and I didn't mind paying for the 16.00 shipping (cause I live in in Orange County). My first cycle failed and I was left with expensive medications that I could not return. And not like other women, who choose to do the second attempt right after a month, I chose to rest. My first cycle was in April 2013, and my second cycle was on November 2013. I ended up just throwing away the estradiol (which is around $120.00 for 5 ml). I also have some left overs of Gonal F and Menopur that I also threw away. So the second time around what I did is - depending on my ultrasound monitoring on how big my follicles are growing, before I run out of medication I call the pharmacy and order a couple more. Especially Rancho Santa Fe, you can order just what you need (e.g. 1 vial of Menopur or 3 pieces of suppositories.)

I hate to admit this but like you, we made to much many to get any help but poor to afford everything on our own. So I got creative, keep in mind that these grants are private grants sponsored by the maker of the drugs itself. They are expensive because they are still patented and there are no generic. However, its not like you are signing an application under penalty of perjury, so technically there are no legal repercussion. I'm a judicial law clerk :). So that's a tip:angelnot:

Anyway keep exercising but not too much, you guys need a lot of rest and not sure if you guys were told by your RE that it is optimal if partner ejaculates three days before the transfer, so DH has fresh batch on the day of the transfer.

Good luck!!!!:dust::dust::dust:

I know every mother thinks so but my kids are truly wonderful and want for me to be happy. They have been very involved and during my frozen cycle hubby had to go to Jersey for business so my DD had to do my PIO injections and one time when she wasn't available my son had to. I also keep the ultrasound pic of the Lil one we lost on the fridge. We were all very excited and all felt the loss. Gone but not forgotten is how I look at it. My DD is considering obstetrics as a possibility for her future. I just got done filling out a ridiculous amount of paperwork. One new thing was a genetic testing form that my other clinic didn't even talk to me about. Are you going to do it?

Mono- Do you know what the income limits are for those programs? I just filled it all out but am now worried I shouldn't have bothered.

It will depends on your household size and the state where you live. With me I kept it under 100K and I got approved for the compassionate care with 4 people in our household in CA.

So include your DD and your DS as living in your household that might help to keep relative.

That's great peachy that your kids are so involved. Dd had watched me do injection for iui but not sure she'd be able to help!
About the genetic testing I'm not going to do it. Are you?
Did you apply or hear back from those programs yet?
Mononoke thanks for all of your advice.
Well I'm pretty sure I'll be waiting until April now. I had loads of ewcm all weekend and even today which means I'm likely just now ovulating. Cd 36! My dr suggested sending me for blood work, a pregnancy test and progesterone levels. First I know I'm not pregnant, second if it does show I've ovulated they would have me wait for af. So why would I pay $200 for that? I told them I will just wait the next 2 weeks. Which means I will miss the march cycle. But that's ok. Part of me didn't want to have to wait any longer but part of me feels this is all divine intervention and meant to be this way. April is my bday month, that has to be lucky right??

We decided no to the genetic testing as I do have 3 healthy children. I am so glad you have that attitude because I know how disappointing it can be to get delayed. I agree that it would be a waste of money if you already know the outcome. Perhaps April is lucky for you that is my name by the way : ) . I faxed all my papers for the First Steps program today and am keeping my fingers. Flo is due in a few days so I will start labs then the b.c. after that. So much damn paperwork I tell you. I hope your cycle quits messing around and you get to get started.

I heard from first steps within 24 hours so hopefully you will hear tomorrow.
And it's weird, ever since we heard that our only option was ivf I've felt kind of peaceful and like God is in control. I always try to control things myself but with this, I can't, so I'm giving it to God and I feel like a very natural path is happening, nothing forced. I know that may sound strange! So if af is this late, it must be meant to be. Now If I could find a distraction for the next couple of months! I started a good book on Saturday night hoping it would help but the problem with that is I can't put it down until it's done! So I finished it last night. Now I'm almost done with the next one. I need a never ending series to keep me entertained for long:)

Oh I do hope they respond quickly and with good news. I am supposed to be trying to lose weight and just keep shoveling it in. (I eat my feelings). Books Are short lasting for me as well and then I don't get anything else done either. Perhaps start writing about your journey or maybe even a blog? I do like reading others' stories since no two are ever quite the same.

True I did absolutely nothing yesterday except read. And I eat my feelings too, but then I also like to run my feelings away on the treadmill lol.
I did start a diary about this a couple weeks ago. I also told my husband I wanted to do a video diary of the whole journey and maybe share it when it's all done. I've seen other peoples and I love them. There are so many feelings that come and go. I'm so glad I wrote down all of the strong feelings I was experiencing when the dr told us the news. Bc now Im already feeling differently and it's nice to be able to look back. So I was thinking if I do April I will concieve in my bday month and be due in dh bday month. That sounds like a recipe for success!

That sounds like a wonderful idea. My emotions through all of this would make me look like true crazy! I also believe in little things like we were married on 7-7-07 and this year we've been married 7 years it's 2014 (7+7) and I will be 37. Lmao I sound crazy anyways but I do feel like this recipe is the lucky one for us!

Ohhh and my lucky number is 7! See it's not crazy.

Lanet thank you soo much for bringing uup First Steps. It took a little longer for me because I had to prove a bunch of stuff (it doesn't ever feel like we make enough money) but we got approved for half off the Follistim! I am uber excited. I start bcp's tomorrow and will get an idea of a schedule on Monday so now I have to get things figured out with the bank. Ugh. Other than that hubby is having a hard time with giving up cigarettes even though he doesn't even smoke that much in the Winter (he has to go outside). How is it going for you?

Oh yay I'm so glad you got approved for some help!!
Things are ok here, I finally have a sore boob so at least I know af will be here in a week or so. Finally! I'll call the clinic to start bcp then, but more than likely still miss the march cycle but that's ok. We've had so much snow here that maybe it's best to wait for April considering I'll be driving so much.

I'm glad you've got an end in sight. My cycle was only 27 days this time and it has me a bit worried. Ever since that horrible clomid I haven't been the same. I wish you were on the same schedule : ) but totally get the driving. It's hard enough without having to worry about that. Out of all the worry ,appointments and shots by far the worst part of ivf is the dreaded two week wait. I would imagine it's a lot like prison :wacko:. It's easier to have someone to suffer with you. The snow pack here just keeps piling up because it's just too cold to go down. I was on a forum for quite a while with my first cycle and almost all the gals are just about to or have already had their babies. It's a little sad to be left behind but I am so happy for them and it's so promising that it does work!

I've been left behind on nearly every forum I've been on! Lol. So hopefully this will be a lucky one. I also joined a closed ivf group on Facebook that's really nice! I do wish I could get it on the march cycle. It's going to be a long wait. I'm still freaking myself out about the retrieval too. I'm so afraid it will hurt! This clinic will use conscious sedation.

Morning Ladies!

Lanet - I am so nervous for the retrieval too! I hope the drugs they give us are great !

I'm going to get my drug supply today - Ultrasound and injections start tomorrow - it is so surreal.

I don't have Facebook but it's great you have that outlet as well. I talked to my loan advisor this morning and am getting all my paperwork done. Hubby said last night "so you mean if it works on the first try we get nothing back" wanted to hit him lol. I told him that's why they call it the "shared risk" program and who wants to go through it a bunch of times to feel like you got your monies worth. He can be crazy. Ladies do not bother to worry about retrieval because you won't remember a thing! At mine I am completely under but I have had conscious sedation for a couple different procedures and it's all one big blur. You'll go home and take a nap and when you feel all better then you will just start worrying to death over how your little embies are doing. After my retrieval the nurse kept asking about my pain scale and all this and that and I was perfectly fine. She said some women are real whiny after and I felt that was very unfair. I think it's all just real emotional and it tends to be a more sensitive time.

Thanx Peachy! Good to hear, I feel like the bad stories are from the "whiny" girls that your nurse was talking about :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->