First ivf march 2014! Please join me!

Lanet I think if af comes for you real soon and you start on day 3 like I did our cycles will probably be very close.

But I don't think they will let me do march, the march cycle starts feb 22 and I think they want me on bcp longer than that? I'm not sure but I will certainly call and find out as soon as af is here. I'm painfully bloated now.

Sometimes it's hard to say because I think they like to do it in groups so some will be on the pill longer than others based on when their menstrual cycle is. I won't know until Tues for sure. I think Lupron was for about 2 weeks as well. Honestly I am not as worried about when the cycle starts as just getting the consents signed and locked in at 36. When you turn 37 you pay $2,500 more and get $2,500 less back should it not work.

May but I worry all the time : ) does your clinic only cycle once a month or in groups? I think my new clinic is a little more lax. Old one they were nice and all but at times I couldn't help feeling like cattle.

Once a month I believe. They told me the march cycle started earlier (feb 22) bc the drs would be out of the office at the end of march. The April cycle starts April 6.
So on the Facebook group I'm on, a lot of women have pictures of their embryos. I think its sooooo amazing. Did you get pics?
This is the last day of freezing weather here for awhile, and the snow should melt too! It's going to be 50s and 60s for at least a week. Woohoo!!!!

Morning Ladies!

I think the drugs are starting to kick in...I completely forgot to ask why they only transfer one egg...:dohh: We are paying for the cycle ourselves. So far we have been lucky with the meds - we both have benefits through work and everything has been covered 100%. I had to pick up more gonal f and Bravelle this morning. Brings the total $3320.00, I have only been on the 5 days :wacko:
I have been getting terrible headaches at the end of the day for a few days now. Yesterday I flip-flopped through every emotion under the sun, one time I wanted to scream at people, the next burst out crying. Last night we watched the medal ceremonies for the Olympics and I was bawling. I feel like this will be a trend.

The nurse this morning told me that out of the 20 and 24 follicles that I have 5 are growing really well - she said I am doing well for the time in the cycle. She said that we should expect more. I hope she is right...

Lanet - Fingers crossed that you can start right away. I didn't have to go on BCP - do they want you take it to regulate your cycle? Glad your weather is warming up. We woke up to -30C (-39C) with the wind this morning. Just awful. Its suppose to warm up a little this weekend.

Peachy - what is a trial transfer?? I haven't heard of this...or have not had one.

Redbrick a trial transfer is when they basically practice for the transfer, so they can get the size of uterus and catheter etc. at least that's how I understood that. I will have one done also.
That's great that you're responding so well. I'm sorry about the headaches and moodiness!
I'm confused bc I'm not sure if they only use bcp to get everyone on the same cycle. Or if they use it to actually suppress my cycle. The nurse said they would want me on it at least 4 weeks. Idk if that's accurate as it as just a call to the nurses line.
Anyway, all signs of af have left the building for now. No cramping or bloating. So who knows.

Red hang in there you don't have much longer it'll be over soon :hugs: as Lanet said that's how the trial transfer works so there are no surprises on transfer day.

Lanet you are so lucky with the weather we are gonna get to mid 30's and I know that's going to feel like a treat! The pill is actually used for both they need complete control of your cycle and can use that to their timeline. You only take active pills until they are ready to start your cycle and then you will have a bleed and the real process of waking up your ovaries and collecting the eggs starts. I understand why they like to do in groups I just don't like the not so individual feeling. The whole cattle thing like I said before.

I did not get pics I did get to see them though. Amazing! Especially on my frozen cycle when one little bean was hatching. Perhaps now would be a good time to discuss inducing a period with your clinic. Just in case that takes a bit as well you will still have been on the pill for the full 4 weeks.

Well they told me that if I've already ovulated (I know I have as my boobs are sore) then they can't induce it. I think they use a progesterone to induce it so it wouldn't work if I already had some in my body. So, it can't be more that a week away. I guess I'll just hang tight.
That's cool that you got to see the pics! What did the one hatching look like? I think it's cute that they "hatch", like little chicks lol

How can you be sure you ovulated? You know how the ones you see look like a circle with cells inside? Well mine was like two splitting apart. I hope the new clinic gives a pic I would love that.

Well after this long trying, I can tell when I'm gearing up to O, and then I always without fail get sore boobs from the progesterone that follows, and a period in 2 weeks. So there's really no doubt in my mind. I had pretty bad cramps last night, so should be soon.
I googled some pics of a hatching embryo. So cool.
Tomorrow is dd birthday, so wrapping some gifts today and then busy busy tomorrow helping with valentine parties at school, and then birthday slumber party after school.

6 eggs this morning! ...but only on my left side. They said there are none big enough to count on my right side. I find this unsettling. What is wrong with the right side?? I'm going to be grateful for my 6 that are growing and hope a couple more show up over the next few days.

I asked the nurse about why they only transfer one egg, she said it is not a Canadian law. I guess the doctor had a very high twin rate for a number of years and they say now the will only transfer one. We want two children in total. Part of me would rather have twins the first time, the first 6 months would be a nightmare, but we wouldn't have to go through any of this again. I guess it will be what it will be.

All in all I feel really good about everything and it is 10 degrees warmer here than yesterday!

Anyone doing anything special for Valentine's tomorrow??

HelloKelye - How are you doing? you have been quiet. Hope everything is going well.

Redbrick that's great that you have 6! And I'm with you on wanting twins. I want 2 more children (at least) so I would be thrilled with twins. Could you ask the dr if he would make an exception?

6 eggs this morning! ...but only on my left side. They said there are none big enough to count on my right side. I find this unsettling. What is wrong with the right side?? I'm going to be grateful for my 6 that are growing and hope a couple more show up over the next few days.

I asked the nurse about why they only transfer one egg, she said it is not a Canadian law. I guess the doctor had a very high twin rate for a number of years and they say now the will only transfer one. We want two children in total. Part of me would rather have twins the first time, the first 6 months would be a nightmare, but we wouldn't have to go through any of this again. I guess it will be what it will be.

All in all I feel really good about everything and it is 10 degrees warmer here than yesterday!

Anyone doing anything special for Valentine's tomorrow??

Usually they will only transfer 1 if the candidate is young and does not have any complications or any reproductive conditions such as endometrosis. In US, clinics that are certified by SART are only transferring two but if there is a history of failed attempt they can transfer up to three(3). These restrictions came in after the advent of the stupid doctor who transferred 10 embryos to octomom and went on to have 8.

anyway what you should do is go to sart and see if your RE is there and look for their success rate specifically implantation rate. When I went in for my second attempt I requested an appointment with the doctor and demand that he transferred four(4) because their implantation rate is only 25% so that would give me a chance to have one making it. He agreed but at the day of the transfer as some of you know, I only have three matured, 1 AA, 1A and 1 B. :) He put all of it and I god's blessings I am pregnant with twins. :dust::hi:

Lanet kids b days are so exciting. I love that they get so excited especially since I cringe and no longer acknowledge mine lol and a Valentines baby to boot fun fun!! I haven't been in gymnastics for over 20 years now but if I got twins I would do a backflip!

Red try not to focus on the number so much although 6 is good! It's quality that will matter in the end. I would rather have 6 beauties than 20 so-so's. Also my right ovary is dominant so my left let's it do most the work. Hopefully tour other one will step it up.

Mono nice to hear from you how are your babies doing? Any recent ultrasounds?

Hi Ladies!! I hope you don't mind if I join! I have about 8 days left of BCP, I am scheduled for an ultrasound on Monday, and if things look good I will start Lupron that night.

A little history on me:)
I am 30 DH is 26 I have 2 kids from a previous relationship, had a TL in 2006 and had a TR in Feb of 2012, 2 miscarriages in 2012 and nothing since :( Had a HSG done in March of 2013 and showed both tubes wide open. Tried IUI, and several rounds of Clomid and Femara. Got with a new RE in August, and suggested IVF since my tubes are short. So here we are gearing up for our first IVF cycle. I am super nervous, but staying positive.

Amandakat! I was talking to you during an iui cycle I think! How ironic that we are both at ivf now! I will be waiting until April now bc af didn't come in time for the march cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->