First midwife appointment

Nordan78

Reaction score
Hi I am now 6+4 weeks and haven't seen any mid wife's yet I was wondering when will be appointment and this my fourth

First, congratulations! Have you called to set up an appointment yet? A lot of doctors and midwives won't see you until around 8-10 weeks because prior to that there's not much to see and not likely that you'll hear a heartbeat yet.

Thanks for your replay and yes been to GP but GP didn't do anything only gave me self referral number to midwife team which I keep calling and no answer I remember with my last one been to GP and they done everything from reffeal to hospital and booking first midwife appointment

With my first I went to see my gp at 6 weeks and he basically told me I'd gone in too early and I could still have an early miscarriage so don't do anything else for a few weeks which was wonderfully reassuring to hear! I eventually got to see the midwife at 9 weeks. With my second I was the doctor at 10 weeks and the midwife at 11, this time round it was pretty much the same 10 weeks for gp and midwife at 11.

I saw my midwife at 9w+5. We have an essay to fill in, which they lost, so I got the number from my GP, phoned up and left a message with them. They rang me back and made an appointment. Are you able to leave a message with them? As someone else said we generally don't see the midwife until 8-10 weeks. So keep trying.

I have my first Midwife appointment tomorrow at 8w + 3 the midwife would not even make an appointment until you hit 8 weeks where I live

Yep, mine's in for 8 weeks too. Feels like you have wait ages.... ;)

they've just changed systems here so it's now a central phone line for the midwife, like where you are. GP gave me the number and I called and was given a booking in appointment (8ish weeks) and first scan date (13ish weeks) right then on the phone.

you'll need to keep phoning back as if you leave it too late they'll not be able to give you an appointment right away, so for example if women usually call by 6 weeks and they want to book them in for 8, they may just book the whole next two weeks, so if you don't call until you're 10 weeks you won't get an appointment until you're 12 weeks. just as an example. always best to phone asap just to make sure they can get you in when they think is appropriate. they'll usually want you in between 8 and 10 weeks.

Yeah I had to keep ringing to book in. My appointment is on Thursday. I won't even be 8 weeks then lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->