First Midwife Apt not until 10 weeks. Torture.

Bexivillian

Reaction score
10 weeks! That means i've got over 4 weeks to wait. With no scan, no blood tests. Nothing. This is my second baby but still.... How am i supposed to wait until 10 weeks. I'm going mad already. :wacko:

And i have barely any symptoms, i know thats not uncommon and i didn't get any with Indie.

I'm a bundle of contradictions, first i'm worried there might not actually be a baby, in the next second i'm worried I might have 6 in there...!

Hands up who else is a crazy emotional wreck :winkwink:

This is my first baby and the first time I see my midwife is today 9+5. Way I see it is just a form filling exercise. Not going to give me any peace of mind or reassurance?

Maybe book a private scan if you're that worried.

I did try, i told OH i wanted one and he told me plenty of other women have to wait until 12 weeks and to suck it up. He has a point :haha:

I'm terrified I have more than one in there as this is the worse sickness I've had across 4 pregnancies so am anxious to have the first scan to make sure there's just the one in there.

I don't know how people wait for 12 weeks for a scan to be honest.

I had had two by 9+1.

I also have a Doppler which I find very reassuring.

Surely if it's making you this anxious/worried your OH would let you have one?

Yes me! I found out extremely eary at 9- but official 10dpo. Dont see midwife until 11th Nov making me 11 weeks!!!! worrying a lot more today though due to increased cramping. :/ x

First midwife appointment is pretty much hands off. Form filling, maybe a blood and pee test, but nothing to show that baby is ok or not.

I had my first midwife appointment last week I was 9 weeks they are not giving me a scan until 12 weeks it's very frustrating I was worrying all the time especially after my mc in aug I wanted a early scan thank goodness I have a Doppler so I can hear my baby

I have first midwife app on sat 2nd and scan on 12th. As i only rang today 2 weeks is not really a long time but it still feels like forever at the moment...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->