first month TTC after BCP :)

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive #1' started by Sharpy1311, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Sharpy1311

Sharpy1311 Member

Hey

well its my first month off the bcp and ive been using the clearblue opk which i think is really good!
    i got a smiley face today and yesterday and af is due around the 26th but think i will wait to see if it arrives before i test :)
    anyone else in the same boat??

2. Rigi.kun

Rigi.kun Mum to Teddy

Remeber to have fun BDing and I wish you plenty of :dust:

Does your AF normally show up straight away after you come of BCP? My personally view is that OPK's are a waiste of money until you know what your normal cycle is, I say that because I bought some while I was TTC and I didn't have an AF that month or the following month. But then again I never got a positive OPK but I did fall pregnant.

I wish you heaps of luck in your endevours and lets hope that positive OPK leads to a :bfp:

3. cochy115

cochy115 Well-Known Member

Hey there! :wave:

This is my first cycle off BCP and I just started the 2WW. Everything seemed to progress normally, which is good. My cycles regulated immediately after stopping birth control the past 2 times, so I was praying it would be that way this time. All of this is new for me since this is my first time TTC! :flower:

4. LoveCakes

LoveCakes Well-Known Member

My AF is due 28th. My temp dipped today, so will see if it goes up the next few days. 1st cycle of BCP so kindof thinking of this as a practice month!

Good luck!

5. Daynaa

Daynaa Mummy and expecting #2

Hey everyone :)
    When i came off bcp it took 3 months to return to normal which included a af that lasted 22 days!! Finally subsided after taking dycene :( but that seemed to do the trick and been regular ever since, hopefully urs wont be like that and good luck to you. Hopefully we all get our bfp!! Xxx

6. princess444

princess444 Guest

hi! i finished by pill three weeks ago, had my withdrawal bleed and my dh have been trying just for a week , if i dont get my first af , i will take a test, if negative i assume my body is still settling after the pill,is that what your doin, or have u had our first proper af?

7. Sharpy1311

Sharpy1311 Member

Hey

baby dust to all :)
    fingers crossed lots of BFPs this month :)

ive never had a reg af but ive been on the pill for about 3 years, last time i came off i was on my af for 2 weeks! but this time i had a normal 5 day af... so hoping that my bodys got into the flow.
    when i bought the opks i thought that they wouldnt work as i did get a positive for a little while but i read loads of reviews saying how they fell pregnant straight away so i thought may as well try them got nothing to lose :) then CD20 i got a smiley face same with CD21 :) think my af is due around the 26th but gunna test on the 28th if no af ... wish i knew how long my cycles were.. :/

how long has everyone been trying?
    also how long have all been on BCP?

:)

8. Sharpy1311

Sharpy1311 Member

hey

this is my first time ttc to :)
    when are you due to test??

9. Daynaa

I got my bfp last night at 13dpo with first response!!! Absolutely amazed, thought I'd give u lot hope as this is the only
    Month i thought i wasn't!! Just goes to show anything can happen baby dust to you all, xxx

10. Sharpy1311

Sharpy1311 Member

wow!! congratulations!!
    how long have you been ttc?

11. Daynaa

This would have been my 4th month!! I'm still I'n shock, better get my self a Docters appointment, :) good luck to you xxx

12. sugarpi24

sugarpi24 Pregnant-BFP 6/18/15

ive been on BCP for about 6 years...and i recently stopped taking them on June 11th....and my AF still isnt normal yet...which i was told thats normal coming off the pill. but its been 5 months...i thought it would have been better by now... anyone else have this problem?

13. Sharpy1311

Sharpy1311 Member

okay so 2 dpo and have had cramping on all day and lower back pain :(