first period after loss..........please post here to help others

wish2bmum

Xx angel son xX
Reaction score
Firstly I am so very sorry for each and everyone of your loss's, however they occured, our angels are truely loved and missed.

I'm sick of trauling the internet trying to find the answer to when my periods will reuturn after my loss, and reading the numerous threads only not to know at what stage their pregnancies were lost, so can not compare to myself!

so please if you would share below some details about how far into your pregnancy you were and how many weeks after you got your first AF that would be very helpfull :flower:

I'm currently 6 weeks post loss at 16+3 and no signs of af or ov :nope:

Great idea.

I got my first period 25 days after my ERPC. I had a missed mc at 12 weeks, baby died around 8 weeks. My ERPC was at 12+3 days.
My period arrived right on time - as though I had never been pregnant. Weird.
I did bleed on and off until my period and also for a week or so afterwards. I got +opk 2 weeks after af arrived - so pretty much as I would expect. I do still have 'retained products' however so I'm not sure how useful my experience is!!

Great idea indeed, I went through loads of sites looking for info. I, like Hanskiz, had a mmc, had an erpc at 12+1 weeks and baby died around 9 weeks. I had first af 25 days after erpc, lasted 4 days and was heavier than usual. More cramps, bloating and generally being uncomfortable. I then started spotting 9 days after that and that has got heavier and lasted 7 days now.
I have been told that I had a partial molar pregnancy and my hcg was 151 when last tested, so unsure if mine is a normal case of af but how it helps someone.x

I found out I had a MMC on 2nd March and ERPC on 4th. AF appeared 29 days later but much lighter and than usual and only lasted 4 days. I've read lots of people have a horrendous AF after MC but I was the opposite! Mine are normally really heavy but not this time :shrug:

Hi,
I was 14 wks when I lost on 29th Jan x First AF came 7.5 weeks later :hugs:

Hi everyone,

After giving birth to my daughter who was stillborn at 38+3 weeks, my af arrived as normal 4 weeks later.

I then had a blighted ovum, discovered at 9+3 weeks, it took 13 weeks for my cycle to return and I ended up in hospital as I was hemorrhaging, it turned out I had retained tissue, this bleeding lasted for 3 weeks, very heavy only stopped when the tissue passed.

Then I had a chemical pregnancy, started bleeding heavily 5 days after bfp, bleeding lasted for 5-6 days.

Then more in January this year I had a mmc discovered at 9+ weeks, had erpc on 18th, spotted on and off since then, and have finally started my af, its heavier and more painful than usual.

Hope this helps, take care :hugs:

xmagsx

Hi all...
I was 12weeks wen They found out bby heart hand stoped so was classes as mmc.. 26th nov... then 30th nov I had a D and C and then AF arrives 28days later, then on my af have gone down to 27days im getting pos opk's at ovulaton and af is lasting up to 7 days some months but not heavey after 3days...
Iv had bloods bk to say im okies...x:hugs:

Hello!!

I was 8 weeks pregnant when i lost. Had a complete miscarriage. I had 2 days of spotting 4 weeks later. I got a positive OPK 6 weeks after MC and then my period came 2 weeks later so 8 weeks in total after MC.

My period was 4 days of spotting, 3 'medium' days of bleeding and then it tapered off!!

Good idea for a thread....i also looked everywhere for info and couldnt find anything appropriate x x

hi all. i had mmc at 22 weeks...gave birth to Lily on the 16th of feb....bled for a week after and some spottong about 2 weeks after that. that was 6 weeks ago and got my First AF this week. very heavy and very painful. just on day 5 of it today and its almost finished so will start using opk's from tuesday on to check if i am ovulationg fingers crossed! will be trying hard to catch every eggy i can!:hugs: to you all

After my 1st mc it took 35 days and I was 6 weeks pregnant. My 2nd mc I was 10.5 weeks and it took 31 days. My 3rd mc was 3-31 at 7 weeks and I am also waiting on AF.

I had a MC at 11 weeks at the beginning of January and only just had AF last week
x

Hi everyone,

After giving birth to my daughter who was stillborn at 38+3 weeks, my af arrived as normal 4 weeks later.

I then had a blighted ovum, discovered at 9+3 weeks, it took 13 weeks for my cycle to return and I ended up in hospital as I was hemorrhaging, it turned out I had retained tissue, this bleeding lasted for 3 weeks, very heavy only stopped when the tissue passed.

Then I had a chemical pregnancy, started bleeding heavily 5 days after bfp, bleeding lasted for 5-6 days.

Then more in January this year I had a mmc discovered at 9+ weeks, had erpc on 18th, spotted on and off since then, and have finally started my af, its heavier and more painful than usual.

Hope this helps, take care :hugs:

xmagsx

Mags - I just had to say my heart goes out to you. Your story is heartbreaking :hugs:

hello thought i would share my experience i had a very earl loss at 5 weeks and 2 days. very light bleeding at the time which i thought was strange ovulated 17 days later like i would have usually and period came 11 days after that like it always did. my period was very heavy though with lots of clots (sorry tmi) glad we waited to get first af out of the way before ttc again because of that reason.

Thanks for posting this thread.

I had an early miscarriage on March 14th. It was a natural miscarriage with clots, cramps and heavy bleeding. I ovulated 17 days after the miscarriage and we did TTC during this time, but with no luck. 1 week after I ovulated I began spotting every day which alternated between brown and red spotting. It seemed to start and stop until AF showed up 5 days later. AF seems to be normal. AF showed up 4 weeks after my m/c date.

Hi ladies - sorry for your losses
I had an MMC at 12 + 1 - baby died around 6 weeks. I had an D&C and AF arrived 10 weeks later

hi -
guess everyone is different, so it really is hard to gage.
my experience -
first mmc at 6 weeks, AF came 5 weeks after miscarriage
second miscarriage at 5 weeks, AF came 4 weeks later
third miscarriage at 11 weeks, bleeding lasted 9 (YES!9!!) weeks and AF came 7 weeks later
termination of fourth at 12 weeks - af came 4 weeks after

good luck!

I gave birth to Ava 5 weeks ago at 18 weeks , I was supposed to get a D and E but thank God she came out on her own in my house, we buried her on March 11th. My AF came 5 weeks and 3 days after my loss, I got it April 10th and it has a lot of clotting , but normal/ My heart goes out to you all.
xoxoxxo :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

We lost our baby at 31/32 weeks. I had bleeding for about 6 weeks after her birth and then it was about 5/6 weeks after that I got my first real period. It lasted about 6 days Since then my cycle has been about 35 days long as opposed to 30 days before pregnancy

I had 2 losses at 5 weeks 4 days and got my period 30 days after bleeding started and I had ruptured ectopic 2 months ago and got period 5 weeks after the surgery.

Gosh ladies my heart goes out to you all.

Sorry if this is tmi please be warned.

I found out I was pregnant on the 25th Sept and was dianosed as having a mmc on the 2nd Nov I was approx 10 weeks opted for medical management and eventually lost on the 5th November bled for 2 weeks then no AF until 28th December (8 weeks from when I first started miscarrying) I had slow to fall hcg levels hcg was 35 a few days before af arrived. First AF was awful. I was really heavy going through a super plus pad in two hours passing clots and was in agony much the same as I had when I was miscarrying. It lasted 12 days then a few days of spotting.

Hope this helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"