First pregnancy

Miss_chicka

Mum to 2 earth side
Reaction score
Hey,
First time posting in this part of the forum. Earlier this week I found out that I'm pregnant and have a blood test booked for Sunday.
I'm just so nervous that the test results will come back and the doctor will say its all in my head. I've been peeing on a stick everyday just to see the double lines. How did people get through the first trimester let alone the whole 9 months.
Oh and any ideas of how to help morning sickness? First day spewing up today in the morning. I'm about 5 and 1/2 weeks along.

Thank you :)

Congratulations.
I'm sure everything will be perfect. 1st tri is super tough to get through I find. Just try keep yourself busy if you can.
As for MS it's horrible too lol nothing works for me but here's a few suggestions.
Ginger is ment to help so ginger beer, ginger cookies etc small frequent meals, eating before getting out of bed, so having a plain biscuit or cracker on bedside table. And last resort is meds from the Dr. Nothing has ever worked for me but its worth a try :)

Congrats! I'm about the same as you, 5w4d :)
Good luck with your doctor - it's not in your head so no need to keep peeing on sticks. I'm finding time is going so slowly as well but we'll get there! As for the sickness, try making sure you always have something to nibble on, like crackers, and ginger tea. Hope you feel better soon!

Congratulations!!

Know how you are feeling with the morning sickness, mines terrible :( Agree with pp, ginger really helps. I dont leave the house without ginger biscuits, as soon as I feel queasy I nibble on one and most of the time they really help :) Also frequent small meals/snacks, crackers and try and have a snack before bed, slice of toast etc, hunger makes it worst! I find diet cola works really well, but limit the amount I consume due to caffeine, usually a can a day :)

Hope youre feeling better soon x

Don't worry! I was scared that my numbers wouldn't go up either. I got a BFP so fast that I thought there was no way that I was actually pregnant. I was only about 3 weeks when I had my first blood test that confirmed my pregnancy, but the doctor wanted to check the following week to make sure my numbers were going up. At 4 weeks my numbers were over 10,000, which they said is good and shows a "viable" pregnancy. Good Luck!!! I'm sure everything is fine :thumbup:

Congrats and Welcome!!

Def. keep crackers around.. and I wouldn't let your stomach be totally empty, even though it is hard to keep down food or even want to have any food. I hear ginger helps just like Misscalais said :) I hope that helps! Keep us posted! :)

Thank you everyone for posting :)
Ill go down the shops and pick up some ginger items. It doesn't really appeal to me though- I hope it taste better then it sounds - esp Ginger Beer lol

I'm currently getting some cramping and my AF was due tomorrow :(. Is Period like cramps common in early pregnancy? I just really want some reassurance :)

I'm currently getting some cramping and my AF was due tomorrow :(. Is Period like cramps common in early pregnancy? I just really want some reassurance :)

they are very common! as long as there is no heavy bleeding it's completely normal. I was scared too because I sometimes had intense period like cramps but I've been told by the doctor & many people it's completely normal..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->