• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

First scan on Friday the 4th

Flump17 08 11

Reaction score
Hello

I am having my dating scan on Friday and I am really nervous. I am also having the Nuchal scan and bloods taken (Combined test) which I am also worried about.

I have a doppler which I used and found the heartbeat at week 10 ish and I tried it last night and couldn't find it :( I am sure Flump is just being naughty and hiding but it it really freaked me out. I am 11w+5 today.

Please tell me that everyone else worries the same as me and that I have not dreamt the whole thing. Please be safe and well little flump xxxxx

Hope everything goes well for both of us on friday as i have my first scan then as well :) good luck

first scan for me too on the 4th :)

it is normal to worry but try to focus on just seeing your baby. i wont buy a doppler as i am such a worrier i would be checking all the time when sometimes it takes the midwife a wee while to find the heart beat even.

hope all goes well...

I have an angelsounds doppler and I can't always find my baby's heartbeat at 14 weeks! Don't sweat it. They are unreliable. As long as your doctor finds the heartbeat at your appointments, you're okay. The good news is that the farther you get the more you can hear your baby's kicks and rolls, even when you can't find his/her heartbeat! You do have to remember, baby will start sleeping and then you cannot find him/her at all. I would only really worry if you start bleeding and try not to over-use the doppler.

At 12 weeks I couldnt find my baby and I was cramping badly, so I went to the ER. Turned out I had a big growing baby and a UTI. I put the doppler back in the closet and didn't look at it again until yesterday. Still no heartbeat, but one wound up baby!

Don't stress.

I have a scan to find out the gender on Friday. Best of luck with yours & I'm sure baby is fine!

Thanks Ladies - I bet the more I stressed the more she/he was hiding. I cannot wait until I can feel she/he moving, I will be a lot more settled then, its just at the moment, flump is too small and too low down. How many weeks is it until they start to move away from your pelvis ?

xxx

Can I join in as its my 12 week scan too on Friday! I have been counting down the days for the last 2 weeks!

I have had a couple of early scans, the last being 6+5 but am still so scared about Friday!

We are planning to tell our parents friday evening and I so want to deliver good news!

Good luck to all you other ladies!

xxx

At 14 weeks your uterus is about an inch over your pelvis, so around then.

Hey ladies, Im slightly longer have my scan next week but around the same time as some of you's. I also dont want to buy a doppler as I will just be obsessed every day ! But Im sure bean is just hiding hun, Im also having the combines test - posted a thread about this as wasnt sure why I was getting bloods on the same day but I guess thats way
Good luck ladies, look forward to some piccys !
x

I'm another one too for first dating and NT scan (combined test) on Friday!!

Can't tell you how excited I am - haven't had any scan or heard heartbeat yet!

What time's are yours? Mine's at 11.15am, got a days hol booked :)

Keeping fingers, toes and eyes crossed for lots of healthy babies and great scan pictures!! Let us know how you get on :)

xx G O O D L U C K L A D I E S xx

Whoo! Flump, you started a little club of people with upcoming ultrasounds!

Even though I belong in second trimester :winkwink:

I have my scan that day too!! Although I reckon I will be more like 10 weeks they go from LMP.
Honestly, I am not a fan of dopplers - think they cause a lot of unnecessary worry. I am a massively worrier and the only thing that works for me is trying to assume things are fine. When I indulge in obsessive behaviour to try to reassure myself (inappropriate googling etc) it never helps. :dohh:

Good luck for friday everyone!!

Will look forward to logging on after mine is at 2-20!

I am worried about drinking all that water before hand as I just know they will be running late!

~Luckily my boss (she is the only person who knows!) has been kind and said I dont have to work after (What ever the outcome I wont be able to concentrate!)

xxx

Mine is in the evening! Had to make it so my OH could come.

I am worried about drinking all that water before hand as I just know they will be running late!

~Luckily my boss (she is the only person who knows!) has been kind and said I dont have to work after (What ever the outcome I wont be able to concentrate!)

xxx

My first time around I drank a litre of water as was told they were on time. They forgot me and I had to wait an hour. Instead of worrying about the scan I was just trying not to wet myself. On the positive side I was commended on the fullness of my bladder when I finally went in!!

xxx

My first time around I drank a litre of water as was told they were on time. They forgot me and I had to wait an hour. Instead of worrying about the scan I was just trying not to wet myself. On the positive side I was commended on the fullness of my bladder when I finally went in!!

This made me laugh out loud...ha ha!! :) x

Hey all you Feb 4th Girls - me too!! theres quite a few of us :thumbup:

My dating scan is at 9am (and nuchal/bloods) so I get mine done nice and early.. we should all report back to this thread afterwards :happydance:

Flump, I mailed you back - dont worry - baby will be hiding from you, s/he will be just fine :hugs:

Hi Ladies,

My dating scan is on Friday too at 3 pm :-D Am very excited but nervous also! I had an early scan a few weeks ago and they said I could have been a week earlier than I thought but said may not be accurate because pic was blurry. So I think I'm either going to be 11 + 5 or 12 + 5 on Friday :-D x

I have my dating scan on Fri too :) can't wait to see bubba again :)

Wow there are lots of us going to have scans Friday :D mines not till 1pm
good luck girls

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"