first scan tomorrow!

loopylj

Reaction score
Hi

I've got my first scan tomorrow and I'm excited but I'm also soo sick with nerves my oh doesn't understand why I'm feeling like this and neither do I really.

Has anyone else felt like this or is it just me being silly?

Thanks xx

I'm with you on that one! Got my first scan in the morning and I'm so scared. I don't know why I'm so worried coz I haven't had any major pain or anything but there's always that thought in the back of your mind isn't there?

My OH is just like 'It will all be fine I know it' but I think that because they're not actually carrying the baby they don't really feel that sense of responsibility that we do.

How far along will you be? I'll be 10 weeks.

I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling like this. We aren't sure how far along I am, I'm either 11 weeks or 15 weeks....midwife thinks i'm probably 15 weeks.
Yea I've had no pain or anyhting, and I'm gaining weight so everything should be fine.
So when is your baby roughly due? mine is the end of september if I am 15 weeks.
Thanks for replying and putting my mind at rest!

x

Good Luck to you both!! It is only natural that you are feeling nervous, part of it is most likely excitement!! It is a big deal as this is the first real "proof" that you have that you are pregnant!! Its completely understandable to be nervous!!

I had an emergency scan last week and then am getting my 12wk scan on Fri though I'll only be 11 weeks at that point and I'm feeling nervous too even though I know it's irrational!!

Enjoy your scans!! It will be amazing and I can't wait to see your pictures!! :hugs:

I'm due on the 3rd of November. I think the reason I'm not feeling particularly optimistic is that I haven't really had a huge amount of symptoms. I've got some like the boobs and the vile mood swings but no real sickness or anything. But I know that not everyone has sickness. I haven't had a period and I've done 11 tests (yes I know I'm a freak) so I'm just going on that.

I'm just so scared I'm gonna get there and they won't find a heartbeat or something. It's the most wonderful and horrible thing in the world.

Rae rae and loopy (and all the other nervous Mommys to be).
Up until about 2 hours ago I was in the same boat as you guys. I had my 9 week scan this afternoon.

I WAS SO NERVOUS! I have had very few symptoms. Sore bbs (some extra veins), some food aversions, no ms, a little moody (but thought that might be linked to my nervousness too, some fatigue. But other than that I feel pretty good.

Long story short, scan went great!!!!!!
Saw the peanut and heard/saw the tiny HB. SOO amazing. I was so relieved I cried. I finally feel like I can start bonding with my lil baby and getting excited for this pregnancy! :cloud9::cloud9:

I am sure everything will be great, but trust me, i know how nerve wracking it can be. :hug::hugs:

I'm scared about the scan as well. I mean, it would be weird if we weren't scared, we could find out any bad news! If the baby is deformed, disabled, or even dead?! I'm terrified.

Congratulations on your scan IHrtSteve!

It is so scary. It's such a risky time. So much could go wrong but at the same time it could all be just perfect

Thanks for all your messages yesterday! I feel alot better about it this morning....congratulations IHRT steve.
Hope everyone is ok this morning. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"