First time, age 42, observing strange new sensations during 2ww

Nicole74

Reaction score
Hi... I am definitely a newbie and I haven't learned all the acronyms yet. I guess I am not really comfortable using acronyms anyway. I also am not using any specialized tests yet, just observing my symptoms and waiting impatiently to find out if my period starts.

I was with my boyfriend on Monday, September 19th. It's a long story, but he is moving away and won't be around - we are not together. So I won't get to try again with him if this baby doesn't live.

I actually wasn't planning to do this. I was making love with this person who I didn't know very well yet, and he decided to just go in without a condom. I'm 42, I've had a crazy life, and I decided to just go with it - it's time. A lot of factors were behind this decision. So I allowed this to happen, and I was so excited about it. The first time was in August, and I got my period, so I met with him again and tried a second time. The timing was better, with regard to ovulation.

I felt some strange sensations. On the 21st, my own birthday, I woke up in the night feeling a sharp stabbing pain like I had ovulated. I had been reading about this and learned that it's best to get the semen before you ovulate so it's already there.

Later on that night, I woke up again with the strangest sensation I ever felt - I think it was the conception. I had this hormone flood and some frightening sensations that were almost overwhelming, like I was going to throw up, but I didn't throw up, and I had a sensation of my own tongue suckling as though I was a baby again. This is totally new and bizarre and I definitely never got that merely from ovulating before.

I also had a sensation of 'attachment' and love and bonding and I saw this fleeting mental image of bright hot pink hearts and flowers. I don't like pink, I don't like hearts, and I'm not a huge fan of flowers as gifts, although I love wild growing flowers, so again, very bizarre. 'Hearts and flowers' are totally not like me at all.

So for the past few days I'm noticing what seems to be more sensitivity to low blood sugar, and I read that the baby is going to be secreting insulin-like growth factor 2, which can indeed cause hypoglycemia. I was noticing the blood sugar sensitivity because I just got a job where I am working a lot of hours, and I try to eat as much as I can, but yesterday I didn't eat enough and felt like I was dizzy and going to pass out and vomit by the end of the day. Normally, I don't feel that dizzy, nowhere near that much, so this was unusual.

I also started having an adrenaline rush and fear and my heart was pounding, again, during the time when I was extremely hungry. I have been painfully, intensely hungry, more than ever. I am still eating only a moderate amount of food, but the sensation of hunger is more demanding.

So I decided to come to this forum and see the symptoms to expect. I don't think it's implanted yet. I didn't know that you might bleed when it attaches. So I am looking for that to happen in the next couple days.

If it fails, I won't be with that particular guy again. I didn't even know he was going to leave the area. He said he was moving away. It's someone I didn't know very well and was only just beginning to learn about, and I was only with him a couple of times. It wasn't the best relationship, but I wished I could have at least had him stay around. I hope that if I do get pregnant I can at least show him the baby and have him meet it and hold it.

But all of this is in the future - I am so impatiently waiting for the days to pass. I'm not doing temperatures, I'm not doing tests, I have no clue what's going on other than the strange bizarre symptoms, mental experiences, hormone flushes, and hypoglycemia. Now all I can do is read about what other people experience and what symptoms to look for.

I wasn't taking any birth control pills. I took them briefly in my early 20s, when my parents got me a prescription for them, and they made me go crazy and become angry and violent, and I'm glad I stopped taking them. I was also horribly constipated because the pills contained mineral iron. Nobody warned me that taking mineral iron in a pill would make me horribly constipated. I didn't figure that out until later on. That made me angry.

But in recent years, no pills. I stopped all caffeine, cold turkey, as soon as I had the incident with this guy and decided that I could become pregnant. So I am also caffeine free right now, and I was drinking gallons of the stuff, Starbucks espressos, that stuff in the cans, and doubleshots and those other ones that I forget the name of, and I also used caffeine pills. I wanted to stop all this for a very long time, and finally I had a strong enough incentive that I was able to stop cold turkey and suddenly. I haven't fallen off the wagon. I'm not eating chocolate or drinking tea, either.

Other than quitting the caffeine, I have little control over my diet and I am nowhere near eating the diet I want to be eating. Ideally I would have a Weston Price-inspired diet, but my life situation is chaotic (long story) and I can't do that right now. I'm just trying to make sure I get lots of organic foods and enough animal fats and I'm doing the best I can. So quitting the caffeine is the one and only thing I can do to protect the baby, and I can't do enough, and I feel like I'm probably going to lose it.

I haven't married and haven't fallen in love. It's hard for me to find people to love - for some reason I don't get along with many people in this town and am not attracted to them (socionics is one of the reasons - it's hard for me to find my socionic duals, but that's a whole other topic - google it if you're curious). The guy I was with was a foreigner.

So I won't be writing here very often but could potentially put a blog on this forum because I blog anyway and all my posts are very lengthy. But I will be back occasionally just to see what I can learn and share my observations. I believe in observing the strange symptoms and sensations and mental experiences, and I take them seriously, because I know myself and I know what's normal or not normal for me.

That's it for now, thanks for reading.

I'm still waiting for my period. It's officially due today if my cycle is 28 days, but I haven't been tracking my cycle for a long time, and it always varied a day or two, so I don't know. I feel crampy, but only a little bit. I felt like the baby was alive for a while, but then it suddenly died. I really felt sure that I conceived - something was different from anything else that I've experienced, all those symptoms and weird feelings and weird vivid dreams I was having. I took a test and it was negative. That was a couple days ago. I gave up.

But this incident led me to a decision, which is that I am finally ready to leave this town. I have lived in a town where I never wanted to be, for twenty years, because my life has been one disaster after another. And because of these disasters, I never fell in love, I never married, I never had children, and I never could save any money. This last incident of falling in love with someone who wasn't right for me, then almost getting pregnant, and actually getting my hopes up, then having it turn out to (almost certainly) be nothing - it seems like the last straw. I need to change something. I want to go someplace warmer and sunnier (I'm in PA) just to be more comfortable, and I might have to live near a city so that I have a better chance of meeting people, but I don't know yet - I haven't chosen a place to go. I'm talking to my brother and discussing with him the idea of him taking me along when he goes on his next road trip - he goes on trips once or twice a year. I know it doesn't make sense, but this near-pregnancy incident, followed by the baby disappearing somewhere along the way, just seemed to give me the desire to get out of here.

I'm wondering now if this is going to end up like that miscarriage I had years ago, where I went a couple months without my period, but kept getting negatives on the tests, then finally had this yucky stuff come out when my period finally came - my mom told me the same thing happened to her and she suspected it was a miscarriage. My body doesn't seem to know what it wants to do. I'm just impatiently waiting for it to decide. I wanted the baby but I gave up on it - it really seemed alive one day, then gone the next. I felt it.

I don't know when I'll get to try again but I hate this town where I live and most of the people in it and I just need a change - I can't fall in love in this town. I don't belong here. Nobody is like me. It's a bunch of annoying college students getting drunk and going to football games. I don't drink and I can't go to bars and meet drunk people and go on dates with them. There's no other way to meet people here.

Just feeling impatient and PMS-y and crampy. Just get it over with.... I know it's coming soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->