First time IVF Feb 16

BumpHopes

Reaction score
Hi all,

DH and I have been ttc for about 7 years now. We are finally at our 1st ivf cycle! I have PCOS and other issues but because of PCOS we will be doing antagonist protocol. Any one had any experience with this protocol? Any success stories? Or anyone who's going through the same thing now? I would love a buddy or two 😀

I started stimms 5th Feb with 150ml Menopur and am going in for check up scan 10th Feb. And have been told likely to be week starting 15th Feb for EC.

I'm not sure of what that protocol is but wanted to wish you luck with your IVF!
I hope to do another IVF in a few months!

Hi there, I'm also a first time IVFer right now. Started stims on the 8th, so I'm a couple of days behind you. Do you mind if I join in? Going for an ultrasound tonight I'm on a long protocol and feel like I've been injecting forever! I'm getting good at it, at least. I'm nervous about my scan today. Hoping to have good follicle growth and trigger scheduled soon. I'm feeling impatient.

Hope you get good news from your EC today. Looking forward to sharing news with you.

I'm not sure of what that protocol is but wanted to wish you luck with your IVF!
I hope to do another IVF in a few months!

Hi Jeni :flower:!

Thank you! when will you be starting yours? x

Hi there, I'm also a first time IVFer right now. Started stims on the 8th, so I'm a couple of days behind you. Do you mind if I join in? Going for an ultrasound tonight I'm on a long protocol and feel like I've been injecting forever! I'm getting good at it, at least. I'm nervous about my scan today. Hoping to have good follicle growth and trigger scheduled soon. I'm feeling impatient.

Hope you get good news from your EC today. Looking forward to sharing news with you.

Hi Newbie :flower:

Its amazing our cycles are only a couple of days apart - get to go through it all together :happydance:

How did your ultrasound go? What stimms are you on?

I feel for you being on long protocol, i know a few people who went through it and they said it felt like it lasted soooo long!

I had a scan on Friday and the nurse said the follies are growing really well, my endrometrium layer is exactly as it should be and i started my Centritide (sp) friday so now on menopur and centrotide every evening - going bak wednesday for another scan.

They said they think EC will be either this friday or monday after. so exciting.

Have you had any side effects from the stimms? i was fine on menopur but when i started on the 2nd lot i have CRAZY mood swings :dohh::shrug:

Cant wait to hear how you got on! x x

I've been up and down like the proverbial yo yo. One moment, I'm fine and the next I'm in a really dark place. Smiling and happy to angry or upset. It is awful...

Ultrasound was good. I'm responding well, with about 12-13 follies developing. Most are between 12 and 16mm. The doctor tweaked my meds and I'm going back tomorrow for another. EC likely to be Saturday. Feeling relieved that it is going smoothly...

Keep me posted on your progress!

I've been up and down like the proverbial yo yo. One moment, I'm fine and the next I'm in a really dark place. Smiling and happy to angry or upset. It is awful...

Ultrasound was good. I'm responding well, with about 12-13 follies developing. Most are between 12 and 16mm. The doctor tweaked my meds and I'm going back tomorrow for another. EC likely to be Saturday. Feeling relieved that it is going smoothly...

Keep me posted on your progress!

Hi newbie, how did your scan go? Is your EC going to be Saturday?

Update on me I've had 2 scans since posting last. I'm doing EC Monday at 12 and triggering at 12.30 sat night.

I have 15 follicles now with 5 over 18 mm and others really close behind so im really pleased with that.

Just wanted to wish you good luck! I had the antagonist protocol three times - bfp then MC, bfn, bfp twins!

Yes, my EC was yesterday. They got 11 and I just found out that 10 fertilised! I'm excited because the doc seemed worried about the quality yesterday. We're aiming for a 5 day transfer on Thursday... Fingers crossed for good cell division tomorrow. I have to call back again tomorrow afternoon to check.

Good luck for Monday!

Can I join in? I'm day 7 of stimms. On Gonal F and Supracur. Did IUI for the 1st a few years ago (successful cycle on the 5th attempt - 2 failed attempts prior to actual IUI). This is our first ICSI/IVF cycle as we have limited sperm available to us (2 vials).

Good luck hopeful27yrs. I hope it goes well for you.

I'm still not feeling great after egg collection. Lots of cramping in my stomach and trapped gas. Hoping it Is better tomorrow and if not, I'll call my doctor. Still aiming for a 5 day transfer on Thursday.

First scan today 11 follicles with some measuring 20mm already after 9 days. Going back tomorrow and they'll tell me when to trigger! Have a low AMH so surprise for everyone that things have gone so quickly.

I'm in shock! 4 blasts - one put back, three on ice with the potential of a fourth if it developed into a blast overnight. Amazed!

Congratulations on the transfer. Egg collection tomorrow for me - triggered last night. Feeling rubbish today with a nasty little cold and a bit nauseous from the trigger :S

I'm in shock! 4 blasts - one put back, three on ice with the potential of a fourth if it developed into a blast overnight. Amazed!

That's brilliant! How did you feel after et? Are you having any bed rest at all? X

Congratulations on the transfer. Egg collection tomorrow for me - triggered last night. Feeling rubbish today with a nasty little cold and a bit nauseous from the trigger :S

Good luck for your collection tomorrow! Hope you feel better soon with your cold. Keep us updated how you get on x

Hi all sorry not posted been so busy with everything going on right now.

I had my EC 22/02/16 and got 19 eggs! 18 of which were mature n were fertilised. 16 of them fertilised normally and out of the 16 only 2 are falling behind in growth expectation. So looking at having about 14. So happy we got so many. I'm doing ET tomorrow 27/02/16 which is a day 5 transfer.

I have the 2ww off work so can relax a bit. I'm thinking of having 2 days strict bed rest and then from Monday be up n about n just taking things easy. Are you having any bed rest or time off work? I'm not sure what to do for the best...

Has anyone else put on weight during their cycle? I think I've gained about 10 lbs in 4 weeks... shocking I know.

Thinking of you both! Let me know how you get on x

Great news on your ec and fertilisation rates! Good luck with the transfer tomorrow.

I have had a lazy day today and will do so again tomorrow, but I have to go back to work this week. I'm a teacher so can't take time off mid year without disclosing why and I don't want to do that. Also my doc is an advocate of continuing on with normal routines. I'll take it as easy as I can outside of work though.

Positive thoughts to you both!

Forgot to add - big yes on the weight gain... It is becoming obvious! Lol!

Great news on your ec and fertilisation rates! Good luck with the transfer tomorrow.

I have had a lazy day today and will do so again tomorrow, but I have to go back to work this week. I'm a teacher so can't take time off mid year without disclosing why and I don't want to do that. Also my doc is an advocate of continuing on with normal routines. I'll take it as easy as I can outside of work though.

Positive thoughts to you both!

Thank lovely - have put my mind at ease about not being on bed rest for 2 weeks. Gunna have a couple of days and then back to normal. have you got a test date? Do you do a HPT or will your clinic give you a blood test?

My clinic want me to do a blood test on March 8, but I don't think I can hold out that long. I will probably go for an early beta on the 5th or 6th and have number 2 on the 8th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->