First time IVF Feb 16

Had my egg collection - went really well. Had sedation and pain relief but it hardly made me feel sleepy so was completely awake and was able to chat all the way through. Slight discomfort with the needle going in but felt nothing else. Felt sick getting up to leave and needed sick bowl. Have been snoozing since I got home. Just rehydrating.

11 eggs collected - 8 mature so have done Icsi with those. Will find out tomorrow what we have fertilised

Wow! That's great. What a coincidence that you and I both had 11 collected. Only 7 of mine were mature at collection but they ended up icsi on 10 after 3 matured in the lab.

I could have done it with just sedation and pain relief. I was happy to go under so I knew nothing. I'm happy for you, though!

Hoping for good news from you tomorrow.

Yes! hopefully its a good sign - just waiting for morning when they'll let us know how they are getting on. Glad to have gotten it out of the way - just feel really sore lower abdomen now and tired. Don't think I slept at all well yesterday night!

It should. Be kind to yourself. Give it a few days. Took me until Tuesday - Wednesday to feel significantly better. I was glad I didn't have a three day transfer. I felt almost normal by Thursday.

Feeling better today. Had a good nights sleep and the lower abdominal cramps/soreness is going away. it's going to be a long week! Started to take the progesterone/oestrogen suppliments today so back on the regimented hormones. Have come off my regular antacid tablets so suffering a little with that.

How are you? Feeling better? What happened on Thursday?

Afm, I'm extremely stressed. started spotting yesterday and more today. Not heavy as such, only using a liner. Trying not to freak out too much. Beta isn't until Tuesday :-(

Sorry to hear that newbie - hope it's not AF �� I understand the stress. Can't believe you're nearly at test date! Any sneaky tests yet?

Had a 5AA embryo transferred thurs. had some cramps that night - then ongoing left sided stabbing pain yesterday around midday and then left sided period type cramps through to my back. Settled overnight and just what feels like sciatica now but that's rob because I've not sat down in so long!!! With previous pregnancy I had a horrible stabbing pain in my right groin which lasted about 30 seconds and then had a positive test 2 days later.

That's great news! How long will you have to wait until your blood test?

No sneaky testing yet. Will only do that on Monday if the spotting stops. I'd like to have an expectation before going in for the beta.

Blood tests not done by my fertility clinic. Have official test date of 16th but think thats way too late... going to test in a week probably unless i have convincing symptoms otherwise.

Keep in touch - all the best for Monday/Tuesday xxx

Hi ladies just wanted to let you know that we did a test yesterday OTD and it's BFN for us but hopefully moving on to FET soon. Will call the clinic tomorrow and see.

How are you getting along? X

Mine was bfn as well :-( Moving onto fet after my next af. Hopefully we'll be doing it during a natural cycle in late April. How about you? How long do you have to wait?

Mine was bfn as well :-( Moving onto fet after my next af. Hopefully we'll be doing it during a natural cycle in late April. How about you? How long do you have to wait?

Aw no. So sorry for ur BFN. How are you?

I am waiting for my clinic to open as I type to let them know and see when we can go onto FET. I would like to do it straight away but I think k they make u wait a couple of cycles. Are u on the NHS or private?

And I know this is prob TMI to ask but did u have a bad AF? Mine was the worst I've ever had. Just wondered if it's normal?

April's not long though only next month. I've been doing loads of googling about failed fresh n then BFP on a frozen and alot of people have it so I'm praying it works for us both.

How many frosties do u have? Xx

I'm not based in the UK but live in a country where ivf is relatively affordable, especially as an expat. It cost a fraction of the price as I'd have to pay if I was in the UK (or home in Australia).

I'm lucky that I have 3 frosties, with a possible 4th, depending on how it progressed into day 6. I'm also lucky to be able to go straight into it after my next af. I know some clinic in Western countries required you to wait a few cycles.

My af was weird. I spotted for about 6 days before it came on properly. And once it came, it only lasted three days. Not heavy and almost no spotting at the end. I'm expecting next one to be bad, though.

Sorry to hear your news both. Glad to hear you've both got plans.

Caved last Tuesday and got a slight line which has progressed to a BFP - OTD is Wednesday but I've been twitchy as anything and have been testing daily as I haven't quite believed the result. so much riding on this!

Oh! That's fantastic! I'm really happy for you. Congratulations!

We realise we were incredibly fortunate - I think it was a freebie for having to wait 5 years for my DD. :)

How are you, ladies? Any updates? I'm about cd10, counting the days until af comes then going for monitoring for ovulation on cd10. Too much waiting!

Bumphopes, any news about your fet?

Hopeful27, when is your next appointment?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->