First time IVF - Started Lupron last Thurs - Would Love some Buddies

You don't necessarily have the same story. You might be able to pull some emotions out of him that you don't know about. You have one night to figure it out, right? I bet it will be an awesome story. Glad you double checked your requirements. Phew!

You don't necessarily have the same story. You might be able to pull some emotions out of him that you don't know about. You have one night to figure it out, right? I bet it will be an awesome story. Glad you double checked your requirements. Phew!

I just finished mine...he might have been done by now but had to download LibreOffice. He didn't have any document software on his laptop to type. :) I didn't even reread it. I told him he could read it after he typed his. So I am making a copy at work of everything then off to the post office.

So we finished our letters. We read each others & just went with it. I am glad we just printed them out. You could go back & change things over & over & get yourself all messed up. My letter was a little more detailed & more like a story. Bruce's letter basically had a summary of our situation, then a lot more feelings in it. It was funny because he actually said in his letter how I am on top of all the research & I am so good at keeping all of it together. I think that was funny because that personality trait really showed in my letter.

So I was thinking it may be a good exercise for anyone. So I encourage you guys to do the same thing. Just pretend you are writing a letter to a board basically explaining your situation & what getting a grant or the opportunity to do IVF means to you. I think for us it really showed us how we were both feeling & what each of us bring to this situation. Anyways...just a thought. I actually just started from the beginning with us...mine was 2 pages & my husband's was about the same...typed out double space.

Ugh...so much to do at work today to prepare for taking off. I will check on everyone later.

I am so excited about you getting the grant, beagle. You really did a lot of work, and so quickly to get this done on time. See...maybe waiting around and doing all these IUIs was a blessing in disguise. Ya know? We never know what the future holds, but if you just keep moving, good things are bound to happen. :flower:

When are you actually leaving? Tomorrow morning?

I am so excited about you getting the grant, beagle. You really did a lot of work, and so quickly to get this done on time. See...maybe waiting around and doing all these IUIs was a blessing in disguise. Ya know? We never know what the future holds, but if you just keep moving, good things are bound to happen. :flower:

When are you actually leaving? Tomorrow morning?

Tomorrow morning...probably around 8 or 9 hopefully. It's about 4-5 hours but we are taking our time making stops & detours on the way to see some things. My husband is out shopping for road trip supplies & last minute things we need.

beagle, sounds like your application and letters are good and ready to go! :thumbup: Excited to see what you hear back from them, I bet you guys have a great chance at getting a grant. Have fun on your vacation!! I wish I was heading out on a road trip tomorrow. I'm so busy and stressed at work, the thought of just throwing my hands up in the air and dropping it to take a road trip sounds very appealing right now!

Terri, little Lexi is SOO darn cute!!! Thanks for sharing the pic!! She really is such a cutie. I'm sure you'll enjoy her while you have her. So I'm assuming you stopped your P after your test date, and now you're just waiting for AF? Will you be starting BCP right away too?

Moni, how are you feeling? Any special symptoms happening? FXd!!!

Hi to everyone else!

Good monring ladies,

I have temp stayed up today please let me know if you see anyting on these test please. Also so you think FF got my O day right?

Attachments

• 2014-08-28 09.06.53.jpg
    2014-08-28 09.06.53.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 2014-08-28 09.09.22.jpg
    2014-08-28 09.09.22.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 20140828_090540.jpg
    20140828_090540.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 12
Moni, how are you feeling? Any special symptoms happening? FXd!!!

I had a headache the last couple of days but that has been gone since last night. A little gassy and crampy today (but I did eat tacos for dinner last night...) And sore breasts. And actually a bit more moody then I was when taking the stims... Basically all could be due to the progesterone - which I have not taken before so not sure what to expect from it. :dohh:

Brighteyes - I don't see anything, but I am not good at that. What DPO are you?

Beagle - yay for the app!!!:happydance:

Thanks for looking. I didn't see anything either, just wishingful thinking. I am 8DPO.

That is really way too early for anything to show up...most "early" tests I think are 10dpo...

Moni-I like those symptoms, but like you said, it may be the progesterone. All of this stuff is such a toss up. hee hee.

Brighteyez- I suck at looking at tests too, but I think it's way too early. Your LP is usually about 13/14 days, so testing at 8dpo is really early. Do you feel like you're prego?

ERose-I stopped taking the P after my morning dose, and I stopped taking the Estradiol after my morning dose as well. I have to wait for AF, and then I THINK I go back in for an ultrasound around CD3/4, and they say 'start bcps for two weeks.' We will set up a schedule and start all over again. I don't really have any more big vacations planned for the rest of the year, and I still have a few days to use, so it'll come in handy again during retrieval/transfer. I probably won't take a day after retrieval assuming I'm feeling fine. It was fun taking off last time though.

Terri and Moni - I have found out pregnancies early before at 7DPO with the last pregnancy, but everyone is different. I do feel a little different this cycle, also my cycles vary as well. They are not that regular and flucuate. (see charts attached). You will see my LP ranges from 11-16days. So it's hard to tell. I really appreciate you ladies looking and giving me advise. FX for all of us. :dust:

Attachments

• cycles.jpg
    cycles.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 5
Hi ladies!

Terri - Sorry again about this first cycle not working for you. Good to see you are jumping right back up and going at it again. :thumbup: Your little foster pup is pretty stinking cute. She looks like she needs a hug with the cone of shame on her head. I would love to foster a young dog but I'm pretty sure both of my grumpy pups at home would have none of it. My dogs are 10 and 13 yrs old so they are pretty set in their routines. You know, just like old people. Heehee. Hope you enjoyed your :wine: last night. A few girlfriends and I used to have "Wine Down Wednesdays". Hmmmm, I'm thinking we might need to get those going again......

Beagle - I'm glad you got your application done! That's an interesting concept about writing the letters. I would certainly be interested to see what DH would have to say. I joke that he is a robot with no feelings. I know that's not true so doing something like the letter writing might reveal some things he has never told me. I'll keep that in the back of my mind. The note from your manager was so sweet. :flower: Things like that keep me convinced that the world really is a good place. Sweet, simple gestures like that also make me want to pay it forward. Then things usually get hectic and I forget. Sometimes, I just wish I could shut off all the stupid static in my head and focus on the things that matter. I guess that's what normally happens when I run. I haven't been in over a week and I can feel it; might be time to lace up the shoes already even though I said I was going to take a break. :winkwink: Hooray for vacation being so close. Hope you are able to focus at work today.

JCM - I would be panicking a bit too if I were in your shoes. I would have thought they would have had your schedule to you already. It's not like there hasn't been time to get it ready. Hopefully you have it now! A nice bath and bottle of :wine: sound lovely. I'll be using an antagonist protocol and it looks like I'll be using Ganirelix to prevent ovulation. You might have something similar. Curious to see what you end up with.

Brighteyez - Good luck with that beautiful chart! It's looking pretty promising right now. Fingers crossed this is it for you. :dust:

Moni - Your comment about DH's difficult task of taking an antibiotic made me chuckle. So true that they get off pretty easy in all of this. I'm hopeful for your test on Sunday. :bunny:

ERose - How are you doing? Glad to see you have started the patches. Those sound much better and easier than IM shots! :happydance:

It's County Fair time here - I had to help with the parade yesterday and then work at my office's booth last night. I had never been to the parade before - it was crazy! The group I was with had the last float and we were behind a concrete truck that we dispensing candy to all the kids on the side of the road. I had never seen anything like it. Kids were lined up on the side of the road with pillowcases to catch the candy. (See attached picture). The people watching at the actual fair was amazing.
Nothing to report on the IVF side of things. Still sitting here (im)patiently waiting for my schedule. I still have two weeks before I start my meds. I might go crazy! :wacko:

Attachments

• photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 9
Moni that Progesterone can really mess you up! Everything feels like a symptom. Hopefully for you they really are symptoms.

I didn't see anything on the tests. But I am so bad at seeing lines. 8 dpo is way too early.

App is in the mail...paid extra for priority with tracking :) They are supposed to email you as your app moves along so I hope they send me something next week. But I know how non profits are so it could be slow. Meaning non profits where the people are volunteers.

Terri - I read online that there is no evidence taking time off after helps with success. Some doctors even think it is better to get back in the routine as soon as you can. So I wouldn't stress about it. Even though I know it must have been nice last time. Taking my IUI days off was really nice...plus I ended up needing them because of O being so intense.

Hey all!
Started my injections today. For now I have two in the am and 3 at night. Yesterday's med teach meeting was a little overwhelming. Lots to sign and lots to discuss. They actually think transferring one for my age is just fine. I get to decide one or two I guess. Then there was that 11k credit card swipe. That hurt a little. So my first ultra sound will be Wednesday and I'll also get intralipids through an IV that day. I had it for my iui. Supposed to help the lining with implantation I think? Anyway, it's like a 5lb bag of fat. Interested to see how much bloating I'll get compared to the intense iui I had. I'm supposed to call or text my ivf nurse every day and talk about how I'm feeling. Like a little babysitter. Lol! I started spotting a little this morning. Too bad because I was hoping last cycle would have been my last period. Horrible cramps today! I'm doing my best to stay away from my Advil bottle. My retrieval is set for the 10th and transfer the 15th. My acupuncture guy will come in with me for the transfer so he can relax me. I like him a lot. So I'm feeling pumped up and positive for now. I hope I can stay happy the next 10 days!! I'm starting with 5 vials of Bravelle per day and some Lupron. My estrogen was low yesterday so they may add something more tonight like Repronex. My flow sheet seems pretty easy to follow. Heparin and growth hormone in the morning and Bravelle, Lupron and Repronex at night along with another heparin. The mixing of the meds gets me a little stressed so I'm lucky DH does all of that plus he injects me. Teamwork!!

Sunday can't come fast enough, Moni!

JCM - Wow that seems like a lot. But it is all worth it in the end.

Glad you got your plan! It will go by quickly!

JCM - Hooray! You're on your way. How exciting. :wohoo: Ouch to the credit card swipe, indeed. Hopefully you're earning some sort of bonus points for that. The intralipids sound horrid. Sorry. I'm a little worried that I don't get my injections class in person, it's going to be over the phone. I have watched some videos online so I hope that is good enough. Just keep checking in and we'll try to help you stay happy! :flower:

Have fun on your vacation, Beagle!!!!

And everyone else, I hope you have a wonderful long weekend. :happydance: Not sure what we'll be doing but hoping to soak up these last few days of summer.:beer:

Thanks for sharing the picture of the parade, booger. I love small towns. I'm frequently riding through those parades (or behind) over the 4th of July because my girlfriends and I go on our moto. vacations that week so who knows where we will end up this year. I haven't seen fireworks in several years because we're always so tired from the days' ride. By the way, I didn't go to the injections class. It's not that bad, and you can't NOT do it.

JCM-Wow..you definitely have a lot going on. They are going to let your acupuncture guy go in for transfer? I was more stressed the day of retrieval, but that's cool that they will allow him to do that. Glad your hubs is helping you with your meds also. I think it's interesting that you have to call your nurse every day. I don't think I would tell my nurse my true feelings, like I tell you guys, but not everyone has BNB like we do, so it's a nice gesture.

Moni-Any updates from you? Are you nervous/excited? I am really surprised that you're not going to answer the phone or listen to the message before broadcasting it live? You have the strength of an iron woman! hee hee.

Everyone else, have a great weekend!! Fantasy football draft is coming up on Sunday. Yeah! I want to do a couple mock drafts in the meantime. The countdown is on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->