First time IVF - Started Lupron last Thurs - Would Love some Buddies

I guess a patch can be effective. Is that still a form of birth control? No idea since I never did anything other than the pill & haven't done that for 10 years...lol! Oh the troubles of fertile women.

I got my letter. I am so happy the office responds so quickly! She said my dr had sent it directly to the grant folks. I had a feeling that's what she had done. So she was all over it. I sent my request on a Thursday, she was out until Monday, my letter was dated Tuesday. So now I have a copy & can complete my application...hopefully before going on vacation! I think it will feel great heading out having that done.

As far as my timeline, I will move forward no matter what after the grant decision. The website says Oct 1...but with a Sept 26 deadline, I am not sure if it can be done by Oct 1. We will see.

ERose - I am doing ok. Just watching these crazy temps and hoping they stay up but if not I have the FC appointment on Tuesday of next week.

Oh I'm just waiting to figure out my med schedule...how much of this how much of that...getting antsy.
Sorry to hear about the negative, Terri. So do you start right away? Do you do birth control?

I'm really confused on how my schedule will go. I've already done the birth control so now I just get a period and start injecting everything on Friday? Apparently my meds won't get here til Tuesday due to this stupid holiday weekend. So, I have to "borrow" from my clinic. The only problem is, it won't be ALL of the meds I need. So, I will be purchasing extra meds to hold me over through freedom. I'm totally annoyed. I knew I was doing ivf for the last 30 days. Why couldn't I have had my script for meds weeks ago!? So dumb

brighteyez, your temps look fab right now, wow! FXd they stay up! I'm definitely holding out hope for you.:thumbup:

beagle, that's great that your RE was on top of it like that... That shows that she cares and that she wants to be helpful. :) Fxd that you get it! Either way, glad to know you're moving forward regardless. You'll be a momma before ya know it.

I'm thinking we all will be. We're a pretty driven and motivated group, LOL.

Oh I'm just waiting to figure out my med schedule...how much of this how much of that...getting antsy.
Sorry to hear about the negative, Terri. So do you start right away? Do you do birth control?

I'm really confused on how my schedule will go. I've already done the birth control so now I just get a period and start injecting everything on Friday? Apparently my meds won't get here til Tuesday due to this stupid holiday weekend. So, I have to "borrow" from my clinic. The only problem is, it won't be ALL of the meds I need. So, I will be purchasing extra meds to hold me over through freedom. I'm totally annoyed. I knew I was doing ivf for the last 30 days. Why couldn't I have had my script for meds weeks ago!? So dumb

Jen, I would think your RE would've given you a schedule... Did they tell you to start everything on Friday? That sucks that you didnt get all the meds you needed on the first go. How'd that happen? Did they just not tell you everything you needed?

Jen - that is odd. For my protocol I stopped BCP on 8-1, had a scan on 8-5 and started the meds on 8-6 (they called me in the afternoon of 8-5 to tell me the doses of everything to take) - it did not depend on AF at all. (AF actually arrived the night after the scan, so technically I think I started the meds on day 1.) Most pharmacies offer next day delivery - I'm surprised you can't have the stuff delivered by Friday? Anyways, I am sure it will work out - try not to stress to much about it!

Hi Erin! Yeah apparently there was some mix up with the local warehouse here. He said he could ship it on Friday (I just emailed him asking why he can't just ship it today). At least then it could save me from buying extra. Such a mess!
I'm supposed to get the schedule tomorrow and start injecting Friday. I kind of just want to be prepared on how much extra I'll be buying. I think she said they had enough meds for me to borrow to cover me for Friday/Saturday. She said some days I'll be doing 5/4/3 follistims so she would have to figure out how much extra I'll need. Every other sample calendar I've found usually starts with lupron only for the first x amount of days. Then adds in the other meds. But since I was already on a month of bcp maybe I'm different? Tomorrow can't come fast enough. I'm such a control freak

Moni, did you start lupron and Stims together on the same day right away on 8/6? Last time I stopped my bcp I got my period 2 days later. He said no baseline scan for me since I had one the other day to confirm no cysts and my ovaries are "quiet".

Jen, that's correct, you already did BCP, so your protocol is different from the calendar samples you're finding. The ones you're finding online are probably like the protocol that I did, which would only be if you didn't do the BCP. I used the Lupron to down-regulate, instead of BCP. Then once my scan showed I was ready, I added the STIMs in, and lowered the dose of Lupron (at that point, it's just to prevent O from occurring). Your protocol sounds similar to Moni's. You did BCP to down-regulate, so you start Lupron with your STIMs, and the Lupron is just being used to keep you from O'ing before your retrieval.

Don't worry or stress. Everything will work out great! Sounds like your RE is going to make sure you have everything you need. :)

I am ready for September to fly by (except my vacation!). I just hope Oct 1 is still the announcement date...I am just so anxious to get moving.

So I almost cried today. I went to get the office mail & my manager had sent me a card inter office. It basically said thank you for your commitment & attention to detail...I understand the last few months personally have been stressful...you have handled it very well.

I have been finding lately that despite how great my banker is, it is so much better that my manager is a woman. He sympathizes with me & thinks about me as far as hoping for success...but she actually understands how I am feeling. I think he quite often forgets what I am going through & piles his crap on me without any thought...then says stupid crap like I don't want you to be stressed while trying to have a baby. Well stop stressing me out jerk wad!

beagle, you are too funny with the jerk wad comment, LOL! I could actually picture you saying that too. Too funny. That was a very sweet thing that your manager did. How thoughtful of her! I got teary-eyed just reading what you typed out, because I can imagine how much that would touch me if someone sent me a card like that out of the blue. We go through this super emotional stuff, and mostly we don't talk about it to anyone.... its kinda nice when someone acknowledges it, because it's like a little reminder of our strength. That was super nice of her.

Jen, that's correct, you already did BCP, so your protocol is different from the calendar samples you're finding. The ones you're finding online are probably like the protocol that I did, which would only be if you didn't do the BCP. I used the Lupron to down-regulate, instead of BCP. Then once my scan showed I was ready, I added the STIMs in, and lowered the dose of Lupron (at that point, it's just to prevent O from occurring). Your protocol sounds similar to Moni's. You did BCP to down-regulate, so you start Lupron with your STIMs, and the Lupron is just being used to keep you from O'ing before your retrieval.

Don't worry or stress. Everything will work out great! Sounds like your RE is going to make sure you have everything you need. :)

Ahhhh yes ok that makes more sense because I was told 10-12 days of injections...then I saw the calendar of tons of lupron by itself. So my "extra stuff" will be here tomorrow and I will borrow the difference for the weekend from my clinic. Whew! The lupron I had to get was a 2 week kit so I'll be doing that while stimming. Did you have any other meds to prevent O-ing early? I'm going to be taking antagon again. Last cycle (iui) I had to take it to keep from ovulating while they pushed me a little bit harder for big follicles.

Jen-Yeah, everything will work out. Your clinic is letting you borrow meds to cover you until yours arrive, but they really should let you know what to start off taking and when to start, honestly. Then, you probably go back for repeated ultrasounds/bloodwork, and they will tell you what to change, if anything, and that things are looking good (if they are). It will all make sense once you get started. You probably just have the nervous jitters.

Beagle-So good that both of your bosses are understanding. The guy tries to be at least, which is really nice, and the woman is also amazing. You're lucky to have understanding coworkers. Not everyone has it so easy. Enjoy your vacation!

brighteyez, your chart DOES look really good. I hope the consult is just an exercise to meet a new person or two. :) hee hee. fxfx.

It's :wine: time for Terri. Moni, I'll have a glass for you. mmmm

Glad they got you taken care of! Nope, the Lupron was the only one I took to prevent O. My other meds were Menopur and Gonal-F leading up to ER. Oh, and I triggered with Pregnyl. And then started the P injections the night of the ER, along with an antibiotic and a steroid for 4-5 days. I guess the antibiotic was to prevent infection after the ER, and the steroid was to help plump up the lining even more. After transfer, just continued the P (which I switched to the vaginal gel a few days later thank goodness) and some tiny little blue estrogen pills.

This was one hefty box I received from Cigna! It was quite large.

Terri, enjoy your drinks! Is this weekend your draft party that you're looking so forward to??

OH, let us know how the new doggie is!

DH bought me a comfy pillow for my bathtub! I might be drinking a bottle of wine tonight while I still can!

Terri, have fun with your puppy!!

Okay...so I think my application is done...so nervous because they are specific in saying no incomplete applications. My dr did not include every little thing they asked for but she did clarify my AMH, HSG results, & husband's issue. She labeled it as oligoasthenospermia. You know I googled that! Basically low count & motility. Her last sentence says They are excellent candidates for IVF thank you for considering this very nice couple. I love that! Plus the practice deals with this grant organization, so I am sure she knows how to write the letter.

Here's Lexi's picture and yes, Sunday is the draft. I have to remember to print out the best players on Friday before I leave work. I have a small feeling hubs is going to LOVE HER. She's only 3 months though, so who knows what she will grow up to be like, but right now she is the cutest puppy ever. HA!!HA!! I'll let you know what she's like tomorrow. HA!!HA!!

Attachments

• Lexi picture.jpg
    Lexi picture.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 6
Terri - thanks for having a glass for me!! And that is one cute puppy!

Jen - I had my scan 8/5, started the Lupron that night and then gonal F and Lupron every morning and Menopur and Lupron every night starting 8-6. Hubby's had the difficult task of taking the antibiotic on the day I started stimming. I triggered with 2 ovidril shots. I took my own antibiotics and the steroid the day of the retrieval and started the progesterone injections the next day. The steroid continued for 7 days and I am still on the progesterone. (Hope this helps!) Excited for you to start! :happydance:

Beagle - FXed for your grant!! :thumbup:

So I had my husband go over our application to be sure we had everything & he said there was an item stating a personal statement of fertility from each partner. Ugh! So basically we have to tell our story & why we deserve the grant. But the thing that sucks is it says we both have to do one. How stupid...we have the same story. Oh well...working on that tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->