First time IVF - Started Lupron last Thurs - Would Love some Buddies

Terri, yay for 14 fertilized!!! GREAT news!!! I was hoping to see your report soon. I have a VERY GOOD feeling about this one for you!

jkb, welcome to our group! We're more than happy to have you join us. :flower: GL in your cycle, and keep us posted! I'll be starting my Lupron for my 2nd FET (3rd try total) in about 2 1/2 weeks.

Welcome to LadySosa also! Yes I implanted 2 during my fresh transfer (nothing came out of that one), then 2 with my first FET (implantation occurred, but turned into a CP), and I'm doing 2 for my next FET, and might even do 3 (more on that below). GL with your laparascopy! I'm sure you're excited to be getting started with IVF soon.:thumbup:

beagle, glad you've decided to move forward... if you end up getting the grant, I just really think your RE will refund your money and allow you to use that money. Or like you said, if you just pay it forward to someone else, then you'll have some good karma vibes coming your way. :)

booger, I guess you're just chilling out at this point huh? Sending good vibes to your frosties, and hoping for good PGS/PGD results! Can't wait to hear.

Jen and Moni, so happy that things are going great with your pregnancies. :) I'm glad you're still checking in and keeping us posted. I'd miss you if you were gone, i've gotten so used to having you two around!:flower:

Hi to Amy and brighteyez!! I'm excited for you girls, since you're getting so close!

AFM, my appt went good. My RE confirmed that a CP is almost always chromosomal, so DH and I have been very unlucky twice now. Back in Dec when we got prego on our own (just clomid), and now this FET. I hate the thought that we may have had good embies in there during our fresh transfer, and my hormone levels may have made my lining not receptive to them. But no way to know for sure, and nothing we can do about it now. The plan is to move forward with my next FET the same as before... I'll start Lupron on day21 of this cycle, then call when AF comes. She wants to do a hysteroscopy after AF, so that she can take a look inside my uterus to see if there are any polyps in my lining, or anything else that might be hindering implantation. If that's clear, then its likely that indeed the CPs were chromosomal. If its not clear, she'll go ahead and clear anything out of there, and we'd have to postpone my transfer. So, hoping it's clear. If it is, I'll start my E patches after that.

Now I have to let her know if we want to do PGS on the last 4 embies, OR if we want to just put 3 in there instead of 2. She was not ok doing 3 previously, but now she's more open to it. She still believes that 1 out of 3 embies are good at my age, so she thinks we should do the transfer without putting the strain of PGS on the embies. But she said its totally up to us. To prevent additional strain from more thawing/freezing, she said we could do an overnight stat PGS. They'd basically thaw them the day before my transfer, take the biopsy, and have the results by the next morning, and we'd do a day6 transfer using only the good embryo. If we have 2 good ones, then we'd just decide if we want to put both in. And its unlikely that we'd have 3 good ones, but if we did, they'd just re-freeze it. The other option is to spare the embies the PGS (and the expense, as I'm not sure if my insurance pays for that part or not), and just go ahead and put in 3 (her preference). Odds are we'd grab at least one good one. But there's no guarantee, so I want to think hard about this decision. DH and I will talk more about it tonight. But I'm leaning toward the PGS, so that I'm not in the dark. I'd like to KNOW before they go in this time, because if it were to fail again, I would always wonder.

terri - I hope you're feeling better today. YAY!! :yipee: for 14 fertilized eggs!! That's even better than you were hoping for!! Whoo Hoo!!!!

Erin - Can't wait to hear what your RE had to say about what's next.

JMC - I'm glad you're feeling better. I hope it wasn't anything too serious.

Welcome jkb11 & LadySosa!

Hi booger, brighteyez73, kfs1, & Moni! I hope everyone is doing well.

AFM - No AF yet but I did have a tiny bit of spotting this morning, so it's got to arrive sometime this weekend. I did take a pregnancy test yesterday because FF said to test hee hee (and in case of a miracle, you never know right) but it was negative. All I can say is I have never, ever, EVER had a cycle go to CD 40. This is some kind of record for me for sure.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Yaaayyyy Terri!:wohoo: that is awesome! So glad everything is going well and successfully!

Hello ladies...Erin great news on your dr appt. I am sure whatever you decide it will work out.

So we had a crazy moment today...for those of you who may not know, I have periodically bought baby things over the last year...some things small, but a couple of large purchases because they were on sale like a stroller. Anyways, there was a bedding set at babies r us we really liked but it is more boy than girl. So it went on sale & was still sort of pricey. Then everything on the shelf was gone & a few weeks ago they had their display bagged up & marked down. So today we went in & it was still there & cheaper. It was $80 originally $190. So we just bought it. I think we can def make it work for a girl as well. And we have always loved it...so whatever...we are nuts. By the time baby comes, there won't be anything left for people to buy us!

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12365123&cp=&parentPage=search

Another thing going on...my husband is convinced we should do a vlog. I am not so sure. My family doesn't know about TTC & I would hate for them to run across my videos by accident or whatever. But my husband says that is extremely unlikely. So he has a name & ideas for the first few videos. I will let you guys know if we actually start posting.

ERose-What to do, what to do? I was thinking about the PGS/PGD yesterday because the doctor came in before transfer and showed where I had said I didn't want it, but if this transfer is not successful and I have frosties, should I do it? I don't know. For you, I kind of like the idea of the stat PGS right before the transfer because then you know what's getting transferred. Also, your only decision at that point would be to put 1 or 2 back in, and you can save the third one. Let us know what you guys decide.

Amy- HA!!HA!! I'm glad you tested because I was going to ask. There was someone else I saw recently that had a dip and then they got a BFP, so you never really know what kind of fortune you will have. I hope AF comes for you tomorrow. I'm feeling much better today. I ate a good breakfast, and am pretty much just chillin' again today. Did some schoolwork and now have to suffer through 4 hours of Virginia Tech football. I made plans the last two weekend because my husband is always screaming, but today I don't have any plans. Tomorrow I think I'm going to clean up some weeds outside.

beagle-I'm also happy that you're moving forward. You can swing it, and someone else can probably use the grant money. I would ask your RE about refunds, just in case you do get it. The other thing I was thinking is that maybe that many people aren't going to apply. Does the money only work for fresh cycles, or could you use it for a frozen cycle down the line?

brighteyez-Thanks!

It doesn't say anything about FET on the website. But it does not cover meds, so I could go ahead with ordering those when the time comes. I just need to ask the office about their cancellation policy. By Nov 15, I assume I would have already ordered my meds...but not sure. I will know more once my cycle starts & I start the process.

Terri, yay for14! Your a super goddess! And yes, wealready know I'm the badcop...notfair!

Erin, wow moving quickly, nice! It'sa tough decision, but I'm sureyou'll make the onethat is best for you...

:flower:thanks for the warm welcome ladies!
Terri😊 congrats on 14!!! That's awesome
Erin you do have a lot to think about.... With the quick thaw and taking the embie to day 6, is there a big risk of losing it, due to the stress? I kinda thought like the dr and thought put 3in and see what happens! Of course then they would end up splitting and you would have six!! Haha, I know that really unlikely but on of my girlfriends just sent me a story of a girl that had battled infertility for 10 years and only had 2embies that made it. We'll both split and she now is preggo with quads!

Which I think most of us would love at this point!

Beagle mom I tk its sweet your buying ahead! Share a pic of the bedding with us:winkwink:

Wow. So I promise I'm not drunk. I just noticed my posting with several misspellings and mistakes! I recently updated my iPad and the autocorrect sucks. My apologies. I would correct but, I had a long work day today so I will just try again soon ��
Goodnight

Hi ladies! I'm new here and I hope it's ok to jump in. I've had 4 miscarriages in the past 1.5 years and now moving into my first ivf that's scheduled to start as soon as I get my AF in 2 weeks. What I'm concerned about is that I just received my TSH results as 3.4. I'm not hypothyroid but I know that they like to see no higher than 2.5. Will my ivf be postponed or will they just put me on synthroid without postponing my ivf. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! !!

FSH 3.5
AMH 6.7
ESTRADIOL 17
TSH 3.4

Mine is a little elevated as well but my doctor wouldn't put me onmeds unless it was over5. It is just another thing to watch while pregnant.

Fxed to you!

Wow Terri!!! 14!!!! That's great! Are you doing a 3 day transfer again?

Oh Erin that's a tough decision. I kind of agree with Terri's thinking on it. Hope you're all clear so there's no delay!

Oh Amy so frustrating. 40 day cycles are just MEAN!

So funny, about 6 different people sent me that ivf story with the quads. Lol it's a lot like our transfer. 1 perfect embryo and one just normal looking one. If it was 4 I would die and then ask my mom to live with me. I think I'd know by my betas though! I'm surprised they didn't know any sooner that is was multiples at least! 11 more days and I'll know how many!

We did some shopping today. My mom got me a cute pregnancy/baby book. Plus some little pacifiers. Super sweet. I fell in love with Romina baby furniture today...ugh. Expensive. Then we bought DH a bunch of new clothes for winter. Lol us Arizonans get cold sometimes! Now I'm exhausted and in bed at 9. I can't wait to be done with my heparin injections. They are worse than this progesterone. Makes me so damn itchy!!! Not even the brand new injection sites. It's the old bruises that itch. Have you ever tried to gently itchy a bruise? It's impossible. At least RE is ok with Benadryl. I just feel like I don't want to take anything.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Here is a link to the bedding. You can't tell but the edge is purple. So I am thinking that plus the teal color could work for a girl.
https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12365123&cp=&parentPage=search

Os Win!!! They swept the Detroit Tigers 3-0. So awesome.

I'm happy, but now I'm definitely going to have to go to the ALCS! I think we'll try to go to one game out of 7 (ok, maybe two). My future baby is going to be wearing clothes that are too small because I'm spending all my money on baseball. HA!!HA!! I guess I better get my sewing machine out and start making some diapers and such. hee hee.

Fertility report-14/14 still growing strong. Can you believe it? I think that's amaze balls and I don't really believe it. Could my increased meds really mean that much of a difference? I had to tell hubs to lay off his beer on Thursday night after the game. Now he probably thinks that it doesn't matter that he drank several beers after the game. *sigh* Um..newsflash, it's not hard to get 14 sperm. hee hee.

Yay terri - when is your transfer? Also congrats to the Os!! That was a great final game for the sweep!

I finally fixed the link...(I think)

Good morning ladies...Small update...since last night I have been feeling this weird thing in my right side. It almost feels like someone is poking my hip bone with a needle. Not really painful so much as a dull ache. Sometimes it will move to my back. I am not really thinking this is a symptom or anything...I have had things like this before that turn in to nothing.

Good monring ladies,

Excellent Terri that 14 embies are hanging on strong. :happydance:

Beaglemom - I hope this means good news. FX'd

Erin - Hope are you doing? :hugs:

AFM - I recieved my protocol last week here is the plan:

BCP - 19 days (10/17/14 will be last day)

Pre-IVF Evaluation (Baseline) - 10/20/14

Injections - starting 10/21/14 if everything goes fine at Pre-IVF Evaluation results.

Injections - for 11-12days

Egg Retrieval - 10/31/14 (Halloween)

Transfer - on 11/3,4,5,or 6 depending do how embies are doing.

I am so excited that things are moving along now.:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->