First time IVF - Started Lupron last Thurs - Would Love some Buddies

Just wanted to jump on to say GL to Terri!! Lady, I'm so excited about all those follies! I'm certain you're gonna have some frosties so you can have baby #2 right after you have baby #1. :) :) :)

Oh and just real quick... Beagle, that's a tough spot to be in. I know when I was close to starting IVF, I was so ready that it would've been hard for anyone to convince me to hold back. On one hand, you're young enough that another couple months isn't a big deal at all, but on the other hand, you may end up waiting for no reason if someone else gets that grant. I think that's where I'd be tempted to move forward, if I didn't feel I had that much of a shot at getting it. I like the suggestion to ask your clinic about cancellation fee if you did end up winning. In fact, your RE was awesome about getting you the reference letter, so I'd bet if you tell her the situation, she'd likely just tell you that if you do win the grant then she'll refund all your money. I doubt they care HOW they get paid, as long as they get paid.

Gotta get ready for work... Running late, and I have my RE appt at 10:30, so I'm hoping to get some work done prior to the appt! I'll respond properly to everyone when I get more time later! Happy Friday!

Good luck, Terri!! Let us know how it went when you're up to it!

Erin - I hope your appointment goes well this morning and you get a great plan for moving forward!

I got 17 eggs!! I'm really pleased with that number. Let's hope 12 are mature and 10-11 fertilize. And I'll be sitting in front of my tv by game time. Woop woop!!

ERose-hopefully your appointment gives you some answers today.

Great news, Terri!

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I have talked to my husband & I really think we are just going to move forward. Another thing to add on is my special promo with my credit card expires on 10/31...no guarantee they will offer it again.

Wahoo, Terri! :happydance:

Beagle - glad you guys decided what to do. I think once you want things to move forward, it is so hard to wait. Excited for you guys to get moving along!

Happy Friday everyone! My office's head boss always says this and drives me batty. Hehe. Heading out to help set up a retirement party for a coworker and running buddy. Wish it was my retirement party!

Booger...you know the movie Office Space? Everytime I hear things like Happy Friday I think about "Somebody has a case of the Mondays." I have heard several times today something on the lines of TGIF. I have gotten so used to living in an Office Space world.

I just had lunch with my husband & we talked about everything again. We are pretty comfortable moving forward without the grant. We also talked a lot about plans after baby. I have been thinking a lot about going back to work vs staying at home. Such a big decision. I never thought I would be a stay at home mom, but I am really starting to see the benefits. But I would have to find some way to bring in a little income. Still very undecided on this...lots of research & soul searching to do...but I need to get pregnant first!

Terri - GREAT news! :happydance: I was looking for you when we had the O's game on last night. :)

Beagle - I would totally love to WFH & freelance if we're lucky enough to have a baby. BUT it's so scary giving up a stable paycheck every week. Then again, daycare prices are INSANE. Something to think about for sure...

Yay terri!! I'll be looking for tomorrow's update as well!

Erin hope the appointment went well...can't wait to hear the new plan!

Beagle, glad you guys decided. I'm sure it will work out either way.

So, hubby framed this week's sono pic and put it on his wall atwork...

Have a great weekend everyone!

Hi girls! May I join your group? I'm currently on day 3 of lupron with my 1st ivf cycle. I have been trying to have a second child since 2011 and have had many losses. I'm excited and nervous. Due to the many losses my RE is wanting to do the Pgs my hubby is all on board with it but I'm struggling because I don't think I could just dispose of the lesser quality embies.... But we are taking it a step at a time.

Congrats to the bfp's so far!! I'm sure we will all get there! Erin- I admire you and your positive attitude. Sending hugs and a prayer for you.

Hi girls! May I join your group? I'm currently on day 3 of lupron with my 1st ivf cycle. I have been trying to have a second child since 2011 and have had many losses. I'm excited and nervous. Due to the many losses my RE is wanting to do the Pgs my hubby is all on board with it but I'm struggling because I don't think I could just dispose of the lesser quality embies.... But we are taking it a step at a time.

Congrats to the bfp's so far!! I'm sure we will all get there! Erin- I admire you and your positive attitude. Sending hugs and a prayer for you.

Welcome to the group. I am sorry about your losses. You are right in line with some of us in your cycle. I have not thought a lot about the PGS process as far as the lesser quality are concerned. I plan to also do PGS. I suppose one way to see it is those embies would probably not survive if implanted. But all this scientific stuff can create a lot of grey areas.

Hi everyone! It's nice to find a forum like this one; it makes you feel a little less alone with infertility struggles. I hope you all don't mind that I barge in. I'm a total newbie here (both to forums like this and to infertility in general). I haven't started IVF yet, but will be in the next few weeks. It's a little scary but I'm excited too. I'm so ready to be a mom.

After almost 2 years of trying to conceive my husband and I sought out a fertility clinic and began the tests. His sperm count is normal, but it turns out my tubes are wonky. One is hydrosalpinx and the other is stretched out beyond where it should be (I've had several major abdominal surgeries - colon removal - as a teen). I have the laparoscopy removal of one, or maybe both, scheduled for Oct 16. Then it's onto the IVF. My doctor seems optimistic, but reading all kinds of horror stories on the internet sure can shake your confidence!

Couple questions for you ladies, and I apologize if these were asked already in the thread, I didn't read the entire thing:

-Anyone make the decision to go with implanting 2 embryos and not 1? I'm trying to decide which way to go. I wouldn't mind having twins, especially as this could be more cost effective, but I am concerned about potential complications.

-And - goodness! The acronyms! They are so confusing! I can't figure them out...your help is much appreciated:

DH (all I think of is "designated hitter" in baseball... LOL)
RE
BFN
BFP

Thanks everyone, it's nice to have some gals to "talk" to about all this stuff.

Hi to the new ladies!
Lady Sosa, I implanted 3 last time with poor results and will probably be doing 3 again this time so the decision is up to you, really. I'm 40 so the odds for transferring more are supposed to be in my favor. I think the odds may be better with more, but who knows. There was someone on another thread who implanted three and one split (or something like that). You never know.

Jkb- sorry for your losses. Let's hope this time you get a sticky bean!

lady sosa - I am doing PGS. It is where they test the embryo for chromosomal abnormalities. My dr says it takes your odds from 50% to 70%. With this my dr will only transfer 1. We have decided we are completely against twins by meaning of transferring 2. If we transfer 1 & it splits, then so be it.

As far as acronyms, here are the ones you asked & a few more. I personally do not use that many of them.

DH - darling/dear husband
RE - Reproductive Endocrinologist ( I think that is right...basically a fertility dr )
BFP - big fat positive (positive test)
BFN - big fat negative
AF - aunt flow

And PGS stands for some long medical term I can't remember :)

Ahhhhh I missed out on a lot and I was only gone two days!
Great egg count Terri! Hopefully you'll get tons of those fertilized! They will call you tomorrow morning yes?
Beagle, glad you figured out your dilemma.
Hi to the new girls and welcome!

Hi to the usuals! ; ) glad it's the weekend! I am stepkid free this weekend so DH and I are just hanging together. He's on call all weekend so we usually just veg out on the couch, pool and order in a lot. Lazy weekend! Although I'm in the mood for some scary movies....just not that creepy doll movie that just came out. No thank you!
Kind of had a scary situation last night. My lower back (right side) was bugging me all day yesterday. No sharp pain but like a dull ache and constant. Got more severe last night and moved to my side and front right side of my abdomen. I was in tears! I kept thinking kidney stone and I've passed 10 of those but the pain in my abdomen was higher than I'd usually feel. Anyway, called RE and they said it didn't sound like an ectopic or anything (I was super worried about that). So I toughed it out. It's gone now. Just sore like someone beat me up. I'm pretty sure it was a small stone. Craziest part....I called my dad today to tell him (he has kidney stones too) and before I even said anything he was telling me he felt one coming on last night and it's still bothering him today! What are the odds!? Whew!

Lasysosa, I'm 30 and we had been trying two years. Failed clomid cycle, failed iui cycle. My hubby had a vasectomy reversal 2 1/2 years ago. Produces sperm, even at a normal level and I wasn't getting pregnant. I had 9 eggs retrieved, 5 mature, 5 fertilized and only 2 left at day 5. The plan was always to transfer 2 and one (or they both) stuck! I'm open to multiples and I really don't want to do this again so 2 worked for me!

DH Dear Husband
RE Reporductive Endocrinologist
BFN Big Fat Negative (pregnancy test)
BFP Big Fat Positive (pregnancy test)

Welcome.

I wanted to do 2, but only had one left. Listen to your doctor and see what they recommend.

Jen-Glad your pain went away. That is frightening!

moni-I think I forgot to say that your DH and Chimmi are so cute. They are going to be the best of friends and you will be the bad guy. Just telling you now. hee hee.

I got my report today. The nurse called and said 'They retrieved 17 eggs, and 14 were mature. How are you feeling?' I said 'I feel a little sore, but how many fertilized?' She said '14.' I was like OH!! HA!!HA!! Last time I had three numbers-retrieved, mature, fertilized, so I was confused. Woop woop. I'm happy, but still not pregnant, so remaining calm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->